Author Topic: Why are "some" good sticks bad losers ?  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
Why are "some" good sticks bad losers ?
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:38:53 AM »
Gentlemen

Been at it for over 8mths.
M'not a SCORE player but do sometimes look at the board/roster and it helps me to see why I was outclassed/outskilled... The enemy pilot has a damn good fighter score. Ah yes, sometimes that score doesn't mean much but it does give you a good idea on the pilot history....
I consider myself an average pilot and I am at the point where I can give the ACES a good fight. Not often I come out on top but when I find out who shot me, I'm pretty content with the outcome anyway.
Shot down is a good tool for me. I have tendency to "SALUTE" the pilot with a positive comment like: "Good deflection shot ! Salute"  or "Good scrap! I almost had ya in stall !  SALUTE"
Don't want to mention names but I do have a list of BAD ACES(sore losers)
They simply won't admit that they had a close call !!!! :rofl
Then the "name calling" starts !:rofl  YOU DWEEB !!!
Then the "bragging" kicks in ! YOU WERE NEVER ON MY SIX !
A good pilot will admit and salute his defeated pilot ! Right ?

I would be flattered when a pilot asks or salutes with a positive comment!
I would offer him time and tips telling him what he did wrong;)

Yes there a some of you outhere who did take me aside and engaged in a constructive positive conversation !:aok

A word of advice for you TOP GUNS outhere.
The new players are pouring in and they are rats in a barrell to make you look good. Before you start being smart with your comments on the "ALL" chanel. Just remember, years/months ago YOU WERE THAT NEW PLAYER !
You WERE THE DWEEB ! THE ROOKIE ! YOU HAVE DONE THE MISTAKES YOU JUST WITNESSED ! YOU HAVE FLOWN INTO THE DECK ! YOU HAVE BOMBED YOU'RE OWN CITY ! BEEN THERE DONE THAT !

Sometimes I see top ranking fighter scores and when I see the comments raging out, it simply TARNISHES your name/image. It simply demonstrate the lack of maturity :confused:

Anyway, I guess there's all kind of players outhere and we can't control anyone !
I'm still enjoying the game and I'm satisfied with my improvements !
ps. You bad mouth top gun aces, one day I'll be at your level(skills) and will make you shut up ! Like they say: " I will hand you your BUTT in a platter !"

Until next scrap !
SALUTE !

Phil
OPP7755
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:46:50 AM by Phil »

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Why are good sticks bad losers ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:58:26 AM »
Dont let it get to you. The best thing you can do to a blowhard is ignore him. They hate that almost as much as losin! :)

~AoM~

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:08:37 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Dont let it get to you. The best thing you can do to a blowhard is ignore him. They hate that almost as much as losin! :)

Yep, that's about it. They're belittling others to make themselves feel better. Once they know they're talking to themselves, they stop.

This is a game, and for the most part, a fun one. However, like all things that you enjoy in life, it also attracts assclowns, and you just have to get used to ignoring them, or else they become a distraction.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »
The competitive spirit is very important in this game, much like it is in our capitalistic society; **** talking, ego and a healthy dose of selfishness come with the territory.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:56:34 AM »
Hehehe..I tell my wife, ya know..Im a much better loser than I am a winner. She says I know..believe I know.

WHenever we get together with friends and we play a game..be it horseshoes, volleyball,cards...and I win...look out! They are gonna know it! I just do it to get a rise out of em tho :P

~AoM~

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:10:19 AM »
Agree with Dano.  Generally you will improve further and quicker if you are a bad loser/determined, because it gives you the motivation to better yourself, and that is true with any walk of life.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 02:51:27 AM »
heh, he said, "maturity", heh
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 02:59:53 AM »
"Ubber ace- I am the best there is, im the baddest mutah' #^$% of all time..."

*Bullet hit sounds*....*engine quits*...*sound of wind*...KABOOOM!

"Ubber ace- I cant die, im one of the best there is..im the baddest mutah $^%& of all time."

Rinse and repeat till the ego gets to much to stand, then lash out at someone.
When you feal more insecure, just remember...

"Ubber ace- I am the best there is, im the baddest mutah' #^$% of all time..."

All the reason i need to pitty such pilots.
Ego's to big for the cockpit, worth the laugh tho.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:22:55 AM »
hey phil, the top most echelons of the MA fighter rank charts are usualy filled with score potatos and wannabes.

go to the DA or H2H and you will find 100% better pilots with 1000% better attitudes.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 03:27:35 AM »
Most of the good (read old) virutal pilots don't spend much time on 200. This includes salutes. I personally return salutes.

Most of the older pilots know exactly what happened in the fight that led to its conclusion.  Speaking for myself, win or lose, I feel what happened in the fight rests squarely on my shoulders. Knowing the "why and how" means I don't need to spend alot of time discussing it. If I get a kill then that part is over and done with. I've already forgotten about it and moved on to the next fight. If I lose a fight or die because of inattention to SA then I kick myself and grab another drink or p break while I climb out of a field to do battle again. Again that doesn't require alot of chatter on 200.

I don't really discuss the mokes on priv/200 whining about why I killed them so I won't do that here. While I said I return salutes above, I don't normally give alot of them since I'm usually gabbing non-stop on squad vox and it was just another kill.

I find confirmation that you are doing better is accomplished when you shoot the guy down. Not almost. I had a guy last night that was in a Spit 8 and I was in a 190D. I slowed into a rolling scissors from his 6 and he was able to turn inside of me inside 2 rolls using the vertical. The fight was absolutely on the deck. He got a few rounds into me at the end of the second roll. I already knew I shouldn't have gotten into the fight that slow and fully expected the fight to end at the bottom of the next rolling scissors.  It did when he pancaked into the water. I didn't. No discussion came from either of us. We continued to fly through the night. I'm sure he kicked himself for pancaking just as I would have kicked myself for getting into that fight with him, had I lost.

Hope this helps.

Ren
The Damned

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 03:52:43 AM »
There are some huge egos in this game, but just ignore em. I reply to salutes and send them out (when i get shot down in a nice fight) when im not too busy.

Just keep in mind that if someone does not return your salutes it can be because they are busy fighting, the text buffer moves too fast and they dont see it, or they may just not look at the buffer.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 04:07:23 AM »
MUST KILL THE UBER.....MUST KILL THE UBER...MUST KILL THE UBER.....:t
Lighten up Francis

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 04:38:15 AM »
Ya just ignore them.... or squelch em...Im sure I get Big Headed sometimes But thats just my Competitive Nature..If I get Annoying Just Squelch me :D

[hijack]
I personally dont give out salutes as much as others do...some people actually abuse it...Saluting for everything..not the case with me...I'll return it if I get one..If I dont It may be a number of reasons WHy..Im busy..I didnt see it...Or I didnt like how I was killed TO then Get a Salute....

For Example...

If Vulched I wont Salute Back

If you Ganged me I won Salute BAck

If you Cherried me I wont Salute BAck

If you Ran For 2 sectors then turned around when i broke off and then HO'ed me I wont Salute BAck..

If Im in a bad mood I Might Salute BAck....

As ya can see Im not big on Cartoon World Salutes....Not mY thing

If Im engaged In a 1v1 fight and I lose I WILL salute you...:aok

[/hijack]
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 05:05:35 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
hey phil, the top most echelons of the MA fighter rank charts are usualy filled with score potatos and wannabes.

go to the DA or H2H and you will find 100% better pilots with 1000% better attitudes.

S!

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 05:15:32 AM »
If Vulched I wont Salute Back
If you Ganged me I won Salute BAck
If you Cherried me I wont Salute BAck
If you Ran For 2 sectors then turned around when i broke off and then HO'ed me I wont Salute BAck..
 Man LAWS!:D :D