Author Topic: Saitek, X52 Setup Instructions  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
Saitek, X52 Setup Instructions
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
Originally posted by DustyR
I don't have any button issues, just can not reverse mode the throttle.  Any ideas?:t :noid

reverse mode?  do you mean invert the axis?

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2007, 02:02:36 PM »
reverse mode? do you mean invert the axis?

That is correct, I have followed all of the setup instructions, calibrated in Windows and also Aces High.  The throttle op still remains in the default position that Saitek defaults it to.
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »
Elfie and others wanting to use clutch button:

you have gone to your icon in the taskbar, right clicked it, chose "control panel", then "mfd", then unchecked "enable clutch mode" right?  Otherwise your clutch button would negate any other joystick command being sent to the game.

as for Dusty:

have you tried going into aces high options, under map controllers, then pick your throttle axis, click "advanced", then click "invert axis".  Might do what I think you want it to do.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2007, 05:44:12 AM »
I just bought an X-52.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2007, 08:31:02 AM »
Rich46yo     I just bought an X-52.   Wise choice, enjoy. ;)

have you tried going into aces high options, under map controllers, then pick your throttle axis, click "advanced", then click "invert axis". Might do what I think you want it to do.   Kami

Thanks for the input Kami, I've tried that done that with negative results.  I have deleted the stick file & went thru the entire procedure with negative results as the stick still reverts to default throttle position.  I'ave had the throttle software work correctly in past, just abit quircky this installation. :confused: :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2007, 04:02:08 PM »
Well, I've switched my "shift" button to the actual pinkie trigger on the main stick as it was designed for.  Views seem to be seamless now.  However it sucks when trying to keep an eye on the plane behind you while manoeuvring.  I proffered using a thumb button off the throttle for that function as it worked on the X45.  So I mark this up to a slight disappointment with the X52.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 06:44:25 AM »
Anyone know how I get the i button on the throttle to work ?
it says button 30 in the thing but it doesnt do anything in game.

Also, can someone explain to me how to make the big E button on throttle work as this:
eject and .ef
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 06:48:37 AM by RumbleB »

Offline DonULFonso

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.Thrustmaster-X-Files.de
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 02:36:17 AM »
Originally posted by mrshiver
Nice work Clark. Do you know of a way to set the stick up fora  left handed person?

Well, it's not a Saitek but it's a HOTAS for left handers (a conversion of CH Products' Fighterstick and Pro Throttle), so I thought I'd share it nevertheless:

The Lefty HOTAS:

And yes, he also made according setup files for AHII...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 02:40:36 AM by DonULFonso »

Offline DonULFonso

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.Thrustmaster-X-Files.de
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »
...and yes, he also can (has done already) add rotaries to the throttle ;) , either integrated:

or in addition:

Nothing's impossible :) ...

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »
Originally posted by RumbleB
Anyone know how I get the i button on the throttle to work ?
it says button 30 in the thing but it doesnt do anything in game.

Also, can someone explain to me how to make the big E button on throttle work as this:
eject and .ef

To get the "i" button to work, you have to turn off the clutch function in the control panel.  If that function isn't available, you have to update to the latest drivers.

The scroll-wheel and button left of HAT 3 on the throttle will only work if you program it through the SST software.

For eject and/or .ef... again you have to use SST.  Eject is easy... just program a macro for "ENTER ENTER ENTER" with a mild delay between each (.05 seconds or .1 seconds each should do -- I put an initial delay for the first ENTER as 1 second, so if I hit it on accident I have a chance to let go before it takes place).  I also added in when I release the button it sends "O"... so I freefall while I hold the button in.. then the chute opens with I release it.

For .ef... again set up a macro for "/  .  e  f  ENTER" , but you have to put a small delay in between / and .  for it to work (in my case it's .1 seconds).

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 11:03:06 PM by Tigger29 »

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2008, 02:18:32 PM »
Originally posted by DonULFonso
...and yes, he also can (has done already) add rotaries to the throttle ;) , either integrated:

or in addition:

Nothing's impossible :) ...

man homeboy is freaking awesome too bad im not left handed lmao
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 03:24:37 AM »
hey skuzz any chance we can get this thread stickyed?  
i just bought one and it helped me greatly.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 05:19:16 AM »
just to add somethign else for anyone using the sst software.

something i did that really helped me was i saved the first untitled profile beore i put anything on it then i printed it to have a blank sheet to work from.
then on a note book i went in aces high and wrote down every command i could use for my three modes im setting up (fighter, bomber, gv/gunery).
i then used the blank sheets to set my stuff up the easiest way for me.
much quicker though ill probably change it later on.
i didnt go with analog trim it was way to sensitive and didnt want to spend the extra time geting used to it so i put it on a hat. (the sticks gonna be hard enough).
i decided that since the x52 has about twice the pull length of my st290 that i could go with no scaling, so far i havent seen the nose bounce issues i was having. i am gonna scale the rudder though i like a more refined control cause its stiff and bounces me sideways with little input.

i figure after about a month or so ill be used to it and ready to go after a few da trips i can already tell its helping.

does anyone know if you can set the throttle so that at the top range of motion it kicks in wep?
could you set it in a band so that it slides up from zero to say

0..........60% then button throttle full then wep?
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 01:10:20 AM »
Originally posted by Tigger29
To get the "i" button to work, you have to turn off the clutch function in the control panel.  If that function isn't available, you have to update to the latest drivers.

The scroll-wheel and button left of HAT 3 on the throttle will only work if you program it through the SST software.

For eject and/or .ef... again you have to use SST.  Eject is easy... just program a macro for "ENTER ENTER ENTER" with a mild delay between each (.05 seconds or .1 seconds each should do -- I put an initial delay for the first ENTER as 1 second, so if I hit it on accident I have a chance to let go before it takes place).  I also added in when I release the button it sends "O"... so I freefall while I hold the button in.. then the chute opens with I release it.

For .ef... again set up a macro for "/  .  e  f  ENTER" , but you have to put a small delay in between / and .  for it to work (in my case it's .1 seconds).

Good luck!

Thanks, I figured the /.ef macro out but I didn't know how to do get the I working.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 11:21:19 AM »
not adding much here but i was having the issue of the views sticking whenever i tried using throttle button for the up view.
ive been trying to figure this thing out since wendsday. and its sunday now.

im a little dissapointed with saiteks software, i followed the advanced instructions tried everything and the views still stick.

so while im still disapointed here was my solution.

i made an empty profile.
maped my stick in ah2  im using the shift button for look up view.

then to the empty profile i made my rotaries for something else cause i dont like analog trim. (too sensitive even with scaling)
i also set up macros for the switches made the mouse hat for head positoning the mouse button for zoom and clipboard.

so i ended up with using ah2's three modes foir veh fighters and bombers.
with a combination of sst for the stuff i couldnt map in ah.

rotary 1 is my flaps rotary 21 changes vew modes in four bands.
i still like the stick its just taking some getting used to.

i dont liek that the rudder is so stiff that when ever i try to do right rudder my thumb wants to slide off the pov to the left. i think thats just a wrist strenght issue, i plan to get pedals later anyway but its gonna be a while.
other than than the stick is very smoth and fluid. had one issue where i yanked too hard into a snap stall and the stick recalibrated itself off center.
i unpluged it and it fixed the calibration. as long as im gentle with it it stays in tune.

for anyone having the veiw mode problems i recomend this fix.
and if anyone wants my maping ill post it for them.

just dissapointed that i couldnt get every ah command on the stick and throttle.  but i have it to where i will only have to take my hand off my controls to cut off the engine change fuel tanks, set some salvos. delays and text chat which i rarely use. over all i like it. just not the sst.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V