Author Topic: What is causing this?  (Read 358 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
What is causing this?
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:49:13 PM »
This just started happening last night. Feels like my joystick has way too much play in it.

Film

I can be cruising along on auto pilot and AP will go off and the plane will go off course. If I'm in any sort of low speed dive (the slower the worse it gets) my plane darts from site to side all over the place. It gets so bad when trying to correct I get the "don't move your controls so rapidly" message.

If I'm at speed with the nose level or up it's not so noticeable, however this pretty much makes any attempt of flying imposable.

I've tried calibrating my stick more times than I can count, in both AH and in Windows. I've played around in the controller advanced section in AH but nothing seems to help.

I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and this just started happening out of the blue last night. Game is for the most part un-playable with this issue.

Film

anyone have any idea what's going on here or how to fix it? Is my stick maybe going bad or is this a known issue with AH2?
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
What is causing this?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
btw in that film I know I'm missing plane parts.. so the issue is exagrated some. However I just made another quick film to show the same issue in a  fresh plane.

Film 2
"strafing"

Offline Bad31st

• Copper Member
What is causing this?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:59:34 AM »
sounds to me like your stick is going bad

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
What is causing this?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:57:09 AM »
Only interesting thing I see is the slow speed vertical climb with a nearly fully chopped throttle.

If that's from your controller, it might be time for a new one.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
What is causing this?
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 05:45:01 AM »
Will it do that if you disable the rudder?