Author Topic: Knight Rook or Bish  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« on: June 05, 2007, 06:36:39 AM »
I have been on AH for around 6 months now and have always been a Knight. I dont know why bit it seems disloyal to consider being anything else despite the fact that from the inside the knights seem least co ordinated and most inept of the three.

Can anyone explain why they are a Knight rook or bish and what characterises each of the three?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 06:44:34 AM »
Knights are the noble warriors of AH2, playing always well organised & fair.

Bishops are the Defenders of the Faith of Pure Aerial Combat.

Rooks are the solid foundation of this game, the honorable helping hand when you need one.

;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:50:41 AM »
First months in AH1 i was a rook but then went knit to join a squad and been there ever since. Now im in another knit squad but if i wasnt i could just as well be a rook. Bish is out of the question tho.... too many oWHINERSo :)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 06:51:24 AM »
Bish   = HOers
Nits   = Gangers
Rooks= Alt monkeys

I have been all three and nits and rooks are about a tie, bish have alot of noob squeakers.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 06:57:33 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Knights are the noble warriors of AH2, playing always well organised & fair.

Bishops are the Defenders of the Faith of Pure Aerial Combat.

Rooks are the solid foundation of this game, the honorable helping hand when you need one.

;)

......and Lusche is a big fat liarer! :D

Some people say there a differances between the differant side, but I've been all 3 and it just isn't so. All sides have there ups and downs. One day there are all organized and are just marching across the map, other days they seem to be in "furball" mode and do nothing but up fighter after fighter to die a heathly death :) Other times there in Gvs.

Each side is what YOU make of it. There are good people on every team, just have fun!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 07:09:02 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
I have been all three and nits and rooks are about a tie, bish have alot of noob squeakers. [/B]

maybe this why i don't have the PM problem, i squelch half the people in my own country.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 07:13:02 AM »
I've playd on all sides, I started bish and was there for bout 2 months, then joined the AA's who were rook and stayed there for about 7-8months.  Have just done a little over a month with the knits.  

Bish have most of the newbs but also some great teamwork/horde flying as well as some very successful squads i.e. LTARs.  

Knights have the most individualistic players (despite having some very successful squads) which leads to the knits almost never really working together and almost never winning a reset--glimmers of hope are seen, but quickly get dashed much of the time.  

Rooks seem to have the most veteran players, some very successful squads and more players who fly together though teamwork on the rooks is iffy at best.  Generally I've noticed the Rooks fly in hordes, when they want a base, which overwhelms many of their targets.  

These are just general observations from my point of view, other's will surey disagree, but to each their own.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 07:15:03 AM »
It's all the same.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 07:17:43 AM »
Originally posted by AAolds
I've playd on all sides, I started bish and was there for bout 2 months, then joined the AA's who were rook and stayed there for about 7-8months.  Have just done a little over a month with the knits.  

Knights have the most individualistic players (despite having some very successful squads) which leads to the knits almost never really working together and almost never winning a reset--glimmers of hope are seen, but quickly get dashed much of the time.  

Certainly this corresponds to my experience as a Knight
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 07:20:11 AM »
Of course all sides have their good days but to answer the original post.

Heres my take on it.

Bish = Horde, ganging, mishun, uber plane HO's.

Knights = Prepared to scrap it out fight fair.  Organised land grabbing a rarity.  Most of the time have least amount of players.  Grillman's "parties" lower their tone to bish status.

Rooks =  on average better fighter pilots. can do some successful missions but lack strategy.  

I've developed a hatred of the Bish because of their overall dweebery.  It must be said that all teams however have their excellent sticks and good fights can be found whatever team your on.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 07:22:26 AM »
Knights seem to have allot of skillfull players but seem unable to concentrate on any target if it is not emmediately achived and quickly wander off in disperate directions pusueing I dont know what.

I realise there are a certain number of players who only want to furball and dog fight but I think if you asked most knights what they were doing at any time they would have some explanation in terms of a bigger picture but it would mostly be uncoordinated and therefore diminished in effect.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline ForrestS

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/link850
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 07:38:52 AM »
I switched from Rooks to Bish because when i was playing the rooks dident work together at all.  

ME: Guys Base A23 is under attack.

OTHER ROOK PLAYERS: so who cares.

ME:what, y. Its a large base next to HQ and 3 VH's.

OTHER ROOK PLAYERS: o well. We dont need it anyways.  

ME::mad:

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:41:26 AM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
Knights seem to have allot of skillfull players but seem unable to concentrate on any target if it is not emmediately achived and quickly wander off in disperate directions pusueing I dont know what.

I would use the word unwilling rather than unable, but most knits seem to have the ADHD syndrome... myself included :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 07:46:54 AM »
Originally posted by ForrestS
I switched from Rooks to Bish because when i was playing the rooks dident work together at all.  

ME: Guys Base A23 is under attack.

OTHER ROOK PLAYERS: so who cares.

ME:what, y. Its a large base next to HQ and 3 VH's.

OTHER ROOK PLAYERS: o well. We dont need it anyways.  

ME::mad:

YOU= n00b squeaker

thats why
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 07:48:18 AM »
Knights = Az (so, they suck)
Bish = Bz (so, they suck and swallow)
Rooks = Cz (they rool your sheep!)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey