Author Topic: Vehicle Zoom  (Read 394 times)

Offline ArkyAce

• Zinc Member
      • http://911-golf.com
Vehicle Zoom
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:43 PM »
I would like to think that my computer setup is ample for anything that can be thrown at me from a gaming stand point, at least for the next 24 hours or so...we all know that by tomarrow, our system might be as old as the Comadore 64. I have very good eysight, and sometimes feel as though I am sitting closer to my monitor than my 5 yr old watching Power Rangers on his TV.   Anyway, my question is, I know how to zoom in when in a vehicle, but somehow everyone else sees me before I see them.  Sometimes I see a round come out of nowhere, like a one pixel speck, and it hits me dead on.   Ok, here is the question.....  Is there some kind of setting on the computer, that can increase the zoom of the monitor that other people might be using that I know nothing about?  Like a windows or Video adapter setting, other than resolution setting changes.  Does everyone know about the super zoom but me??:rolleyes:

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »
shift-f4, gives best ground vis..

just go back to shift-f1 when you go back in the air, or you wont see a horizon :)

I never noticed a diff until today actually, when I finally saw a tank at 3000+ yds that had been ranging my tank when I switched the detail setting.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 01:07:53 AM »
Open your clipboard, go to options, graphic options and turn ground detail to 3 miles (max).  If you really want a clear view also turn object detail to fast (min).  That gets rid of the tree and object clutter and gives you a clear view of enemy dots from well beyond firing range.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:19:06 AM »
Then, there's always the "Z" key to enter zoom and the "[" and "]" keys to zoom in and zoom out. Best used when in the main gun.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:47:14 AM »
Try this - use the shift f4 key to get "ground vision" then use the z key to zoom out, then use the "up" and "down" keys to zero in on target.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:48:42 AM »
Originally posted by Wizer
Try this - use the shift f4 key to get "ground vision" then use the z key to zoom out, then use the "up" and "down" keys to zero in on target.

oops  forgot to specify use the "up" and "down" Arrow keys to zero in on the target.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »
What's the difference between Shift-F1 (FUll Vis Range) and Shift-F4 (Full Ground Range)?  How do the settings differ?  Is there really a difference on the ground and in the air as to how far you can see with the settings?

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Vehicle Zoom
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »
Oh it makes a HUGE difference... basically F1 (Full view) smooths out terrain off in the distance and give you great sky vision.. but poor ground vision.  GV's don't shot up until you're very close.

F4 (ground view) increases your range of detailed sight, but chops off distant mountains,etc.  This also enables you to see GV's from a much greater distance, but you MAY take a bit of a performance hit in the process (especially if you're in the air)