Author Topic: Help !!!!  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Help !!!!
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »
There, suckered you in, got your attention.

That is what I see so called "experienced" guys call out once they get into it outnumbered by a few other guys, not his friends.  They are pretty good at it with kill ratios, but there they are, "Hey Daubie, help me out!"  Well, 1st off, as anybody that knows me here, I won't be doing you any favors but an aside for your enemy buddies, might buy you 3 seconds.

Why are you below 5,000 feet, usually on the deck and where is your wingman?

You guys, quit asking me for help, only makes it worse for both of us.;)

I have flown wingman in here, but the guys I go with do not know what the responsibilities of an element is.  Everybody goes their own way.  Not always true.  Some guys do operate that way very well.  I saw a team of 4 guys own an airfield the other day, Rooks of course.

I think some time in TA with the fundamentals of unit protection is in order.

Yes, I am asking.  Where do I sign up?

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
Help !!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 06:04:11 AM »
disregard my post

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Help !!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 09:39:40 AM »
I learned a lesson from an old squadie long ago, I still use it today.

Don't fly in to help if you can't get yourself out.

If someone is looking for a break to get out, you can cause a diversion to maybe give him a chance to break out.  For example, make a B&Z pass.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Help !!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »
Keep an eye here for what a Trainer may be teaching at specific times.
http://www.netaces.org/calendar/ahtacalendar.php

I always think about helping folks and don't always do it. Sometimes they just want you to replace them in the fix they got themselves in. Sometimes as soon as you drop down and loose your altitude they are dead. Sometimes I'm in that pickle down low with 3 guys attacking me and generally if asked I'd say don't bother to waste your altitude.
Only time I would say I'll help 100% of the time and not think twice is if it's a squad mate.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Help !!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »
Originally posted by GunnerCAF

See that is ok if you care about your K/D ratio. I dont. I remember one day a squaddie had 5 kills, a bust fuel tank and bingo ammo. 2 sectors to get home. A 51 latched onto his tail. He called for help. now Im the same as Daubie here, I cant help anyone, for a start I fly the Hurri 1, so I gota get close to kill, and takes a while. Second, my gunnery is terrible. So anyway, I get the call for help, what do I do. Instead of trying to kill the 51 and help him, I dive inbetween them, he has to slow down to avoid collision, plus he now has a new target. His shot is terrible, but he eventually gets me. My squaddie made it home and landed his kills. Morale of the story? Even if you suck, you can still help. :aok
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Help !!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
Originally posted by macleod01
See that is ok if you care about your K/D ratio. I dont.  

We all fly for some reason.  Not many fly because they like getting killed.  If getting killed is some way indirectly related to K/D ratio, it may be a factor, even if you don't admit it.  I can't say my K/D is anything worth bragging about.  I see we both agree, it is possible to help.  But you don't need to kill yourself to help.

I have never, and will never call for help.  I have accepted offers for help.  I will help others.  I don't see this has anything to do with K/D.  If I do come in to save someones but.. you can bet I have a plan to get out.  Most people who cry for help are already dead.

Squad, and wingman fighting is a different subject in my opinion.  It is based on working as a team and trust.  I have many times put myself into a hopless situation to help a squad member.  I know what they will do and how I can help.  

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Help !!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
I'll never call for help if I find myself alone in a 1 on 5 or 1 on 10.  I put myself there on purpose, to mix it up and have some fun, test my SA, my ACM and see how long I can frustrate them.  I've had a lot of friedlies fly over with comments like "Bald, is that you all alone down there?" or "Wow, you got in deep didn't you?"  My answer is always "Yep."

Occasionally, I'll be flying home low on fuel, out of ammo or wounded and dragging a con.  If I see a friendly flying over I usually let them know I'm dragging a con, more as a way of saying "I'm dragging a free kill for you if you want it."

If someone offers help I usually won't refuse though, even if I'm 1 on 1.  For me every con I'm fighting is free game until he's fluttering to earth.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Help !!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 04:20:30 PM »
Originally posted by GunnerCAF

If someone is looking for a break to get out, you can cause a diversion to maybe give him a chance to break out.  For example, make a B&Z pass.

Gunner

I thought the old saying was....."a drag is not a drag iff you die doing it" :)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Help !!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
You guys, quit asking me for help, only makes it worse for both of us

Hmm..I'll remember that if I see you in similar situation:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
Help !!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Hmm..I'll remember that if I see you in similar situation:aok

Dang, you beat me to saying that...

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
"Hmm..I'll remember that if I see you in similar situation"
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 09:21:05 PM »
Hi,

You will never see me cry for help.  I never ask.  I fly alone, and usually die that way, too!  If I get myself in a pickle, too bad for me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Help !!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »
Originally posted by Daubie
There, suckered you in, got your attention.

That is what I see so called "experienced" guys call out once they get into it outnumbered by a few other guys, not his friends.  They are pretty good at it with kill ratios, but there they are, "Hey Daubie, help me out!"  Well, 1st off, as anybody that knows me here, I won't be doing you any favors but an aside for your enemy buddies, might buy you 3 seconds.

Why are you below 5,000 feet, usually on the deck and where is your wingman?

You guys, quit asking me for help, only makes it worse for both of us.;)

I have flown wingman in here, but the guys I go with do not know what the responsibilities of an element is.  Everybody goes their own way.  Not always true.  Some guys do operate that way very well.  I saw a team of 4 guys own an airfield the other day, Rooks of course.

I think some time in TA with the fundamentals of unit protection is in order.

Yes, I am asking.  Where do I sign up?

If you are interested in flying the P38, as part of a wing element check out the 113th Lucky Strikes in the late war arena flying as Knights most any Saturday evening  vox 113.  It's all winged pairs , all P38's all the time.  If your a lonewolf, you need not apply.  http://www.113thluckystrikes.com  some interesting films.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: "Hmm..I'll remember that if I see you in similar situation"
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »
You will never see me cry for help.  I never ask.  I fly alone, and usually die that way, too!  If I get myself in a pickle, too bad for me.

Nothing beats an experienced wingman (read squadmate). Nothing beats a squad mate to have an enjoyable evening in the virtual skies of AH2. Nothing beats clearing someone's 6 just because you can. Nothing beats killing the drag as he stalls out on top. The list goes on but you might begin to understand my point.

There is a certain comradare in flying with a squad. Friendships that last for years are made even in this virtual world. My particular squad has been around in flt sims for 19 years or so. Those folks who began it still chat on our mail boards. Folks driving to places in the US and Europe often stop by and spend a day or so with squad mate. We go to air shows together, I've been to Air Races with a squadmate and his family. I've been picked up at the airport by squadmates in Las Vegas and spent the day with them. Our squad is over 80 members strong although not all fly AH2 right now. We help each other get through day to day living issues. We hear, share and enjoy a wedding of a son or daughter, the birth of a son, daughter, grand son and grand daughter. We mourn the loss of one of our own and their loved ones. They and their families are always welcome into our homes.

There's alot to be said for making frienships in a game.

Hope this helps.

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Teamwork
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »
I know about teamwork.  I was a SeaBee once upon a time and trained to Camp Geiger in Camp LeJeune with the Marines, though I never saw combat.  Got shot at during hunting season if that counts.  The best teamwork I've seen on civilian side is framing houses with a 7 man crew.

I am still very nooobie in here, but I have not found my soulmate in the sky, yet.  I'm looking.  So, I fly alone.  I tried a squad, my personality is opposite theirs, I didn't like it.  

I'd like to get good in a P-38.  That is how I 1st started with this game, offline.  I've flown most of the planes in here online and some of the bombers.  I usually takeoff without auto assist just so I can.  I'm not good at dogfighting.

Offline 8903

• Copper Member
Re: Teamwork
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »
So, I fly alone.  I tried a squad, my personality is opposite theirs, I didn't like it.

Seeing that you never flown Wing with me or any of my Experienced Pilots No wonder you didnt like it. Then again you never gave the squad the proper chance to get with you and fly. Being that you were a "Lone Wolf" you never upped with any of us or got on squad vox to communicate. But all is good. Hope you find a home.

=S=
Founding CO of VF-4 Red Rippers (RIP)