Author Topic: Gun crazy Swiss  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »
Shooting competitions took place across the whole of Switzerland over the first weekend of June, including in Überstorf, in canton Fribourg. Around 2,000 people from the region took part. In Switzerland as a whole, the number of participants was around 146,000. The annual event mixes sport and competition with a party atmosphere. (Photos and text: Christoph Balsiger, swissinfo)

http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/multimedia/index.html?siteSect=15002&sid=7893720&gallery=y

(click on photo for the next)

My god. Many even have real, selective fire assault rifles (unlike those hum drum semi-autos Brady tries to pass off as assault rifles over here). They drink beer and play cards with a rifle beside them at the table. The blood must flow in the streets. YOU CAN ONLY TRUST THE POLICE WITH GUNS! Where's the Swiss Bloomberg, the Swiss Daley, Feinstein and Brady, oh my. Why don't Swiss guns magically make people do bad things they wouldn't otherwise do like the American guns?

A PARTY atmosphere? A party from hell, no doubt. You can't have fun with firearms. THE ONLY THING ASSAULT RIFLES AND PISTOLS ARE GOOD FOR IS KILLING!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Charon
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:11:06 PM by Charon »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 09:17:25 PM »
Decadence! :mad:
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:42:09 PM »
:rolleyes: :D
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

storch

Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:18:13 PM »
loosely quoting machiavelli here "the swiss are fully armed and fully free"  these words were put to paper some five hundred years ago and they are as true now as they were then.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:31:02 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
My god. Many even have real, selective fire assault rifles (unlike those hum drum semi-autos Brady tries to pass off as assault rifles over here).

They also have tweezers, toothpicks, and corkscrews in the stock.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 11:29:31 PM »
The Swiss populace has military training, and even those that are retired or are on reserve status are armed to the teeth.

They haven't had to fight a war in more than two centuries and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the western world.

The Swiss have obviously never studied the enlightened and progressive policies of the People's Republic of California.  Therefore, one can only conclude that they are uncivilized.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 09:39:12 AM »
Yes but...  Look at all the slaughter of innocents that happens in switzerland every year by full auto weapons..   it rivals the slaughter that we have here from full auto weapons.

No sane person needs a full auto weapon..  not when it causes this kind of horror.

It is fortunate that only a million or so full auto weapons exist in America... multiply the death toll full autos in America cause buy 50 or so if the people who want full autos were allowed to have them!

lazs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »
the "neutral" swiss have to be well armed, they need to protect all the nazi gold left in their country.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »
maybe because the crime rate is so low they dont feel the need to carry a gun regularly.
But should they ever feel the need.
they are readily available to them
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
I thought the Swiss were only armed with army knives and watches :huh
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 07:17:42 PM »
Every able bodied male in Switzerland spends time as part of the Swiss Armed Forces.  About one third of the total male population is excluded for various reasons from the armed services, and these either serve in Civil Protection or Civilian Service to meet their obligation.

You can pull a straight 300 day conscription, or be part of the reserve forces and train three weeks every year until age 30.

On May 18, 2003, Swiss voters approved the military reform project "Army XXI" to drastically reduce the size of the Swiss Army. Starting in January 2004, the 524,000-strong militia was pared down to 220,000 conscripts, including 80,000 reservists.  They have 1,579,921 (yr 2000 est) military age and fit for duty males available for activation if need be.

The swiss keep their rifle (usually a Sturmgewehr 90 or F bellybutton 90) and uniform at their residence with 50 accountable rounds in a sealed tin.  

They can mobilize a very large number of trained soldiers in a very short period of time if they saw a need.

Offline CFYA

• Copper Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 12:03:19 AM »
My god......FULL AUTO WEAPONS ARE SO TERRIBLE. Yeah there so bad that the military has gone away from them on the average soldier.  Any one who needs gun control can go to Europe. Retards are trying to ban 50 cals now too. A 50 BMG to my knowledge has never even been used in a serious crime in the states. The Brady's can pry my guns from my cold dead fingers.

CFYA

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 02:39:42 AM »
Yea..................but how do they stack up in the sand dune jumping and cafe touring fields?  :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 09:21:51 AM »
Well, their flying ain't half bad either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5bDfD5XV8

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 09:24:24 AM »
ferndale..  that pic was taken during the shootfest?   160,000 people participating and you never seen a gun?   you asked if they owned em?

The info is incorrect?   they don't have full auto rifles and carbines at home?

That beetle guy used to post dumb stuff like that.. pictures of his travels in a planet warming jet..  resteraunt guides.. that sort of thing.

lazs