Author Topic: Those Pilot Guys---What's the Point?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Those Pilot Guys---What's the Point?
« on: June 10, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »
If I can save my donkey, I bail.  So I know a little bit about the parachute guy.  I still get my perk points, though reduced if I successfully bail.  If I get killed or ditch I do not.  I don't have to return to concrete or return to the base I took off from.  When I get back to tower, I go to hanger and my perk points increased.  Maybe guys with Dells, HTC feels sorry for us and give us a handicap.  Yeah, it is just a game and perk points don't matter so how do you fly the perk planes?

What is the point of the 20 round clip in the 1911 Colt?  And why is the pilot so maneuverable.  If he survives the bail, can he find concrete, eventually, to cash in his chips for full credit?

I did land my plane one time to a vehicle base and taxied right up to the map room.  I left the plane by hitting "Enter" 3 times and made my way inside the map room.  Can I pop the troops guys one by one as they enter to negate the country switch attempt?

Ever see what the result of a .45 calibre bullet does up close and personal?

Out to sea give the guy a rubber dinghy and a paddle, but add if he gets tangled up in the parachute shroud lines, he drowns. ! ;)

Yes, I'm a wee bit sarcastic, but not mean spirited.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »
Your points and perks increase regardless of outcome.

You get 100% of your points and perks for landing the plane successfully. Any other landing results in a percentage of your accumulated points to be awarded.

Edit: For the scoring go to Support, Help, Scoring at the top of this web page ^^^^

20 rounds of ammo is pretty standard. Each magazine hold 7 so you are 1 round shy of 3 full magazines of ammo.

You can pop enemy troops with your .45, yes

If you are out to sea...its a long swim home. Even if you had a life raft.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:11:25 PM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »
Yes, the pilot guy can stave off a capture. And if ack doesn't get him he can shoot upping pilots in their cocpits, make a base flash so that the defenders stay low looking for a GV while their foe is climbing to kill their CAP or (much to my surprise at the time) shoot an enemy pilot in his cocpit while hanging from the silk. That guy PMed me and made me blush-was a heck of a shot.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Those Pilot Guys---What's the Point?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
Originally posted by Daubie

What is the point of the 20 round clip in the 1911 Colt?  And why is the pilot so maneuverable.  If he survives the bail, can he find concrete, eventually, to cash in his chips for full credit?

Answer: 22 rounds, and No

I did land my plane one time to a vehicle base and taxied right up to the map room.  I left the plane by hitting "Enter" 3 times and made my way inside the map room.  Can I pop the troops guys one by one as they enter to negate the country switch attempt?

Answer: Yes

Ever see what the result of a .45 calibre bullet does up close and personal?

Answer: Yes

Out to sea give the guy a rubber dinghy and a paddle, but add if he gets tangled up in the parachute shroud lines, he drowns. ! ;)

Yes, I'm a wee bit sarcastic, but not mean spirited.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 06:04:05 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz

You can pop enemy troops with your .45, yes

And when you do the enemy troops explode.

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
Originally posted by Domin
And when you do the enemy troops explode.

I told them time and time again to stop carrying the C4 around...guess they don't listen.