Author Topic: joystick issues  (Read 234 times)

Offline meinshnake

• Zinc Member
joystick issues
« on: June 27, 2007, 06:53:38 PM »
I own a microsoft force feedback 2 joystick and recently tried to play aces high only to realize that whenever I go to fly a plane my ailerons and elevator control axis are not doing anything. I tried today to drive a vehicle and all of the controls  work just fine, it is only when I step into a plane that I encounter any problems

whats up?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
joystick issues
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »
You have to set up your joystick for each "mode" planes are mode 1, and GVs are mode 2. If you have it set to auto load, it will set mode 1 when you jump in a plane, and mode 2 for a GV. So if you set up only mode 2 this is most likely your trouble.

Offline meinshnake

• Zinc Member
joystick issues
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:34:38 PM »
I have tried everything and cannot figure it out

Offline meinshnake

• Zinc Member
joystick issues
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »
I know there is a key to disable your mouse is there one to disable the joystick?

Also I was running the game before no problemo and now for some reason the elevators and ailerons are not working. Every other button, rudder, throttle , all gun buttons, and even the viewswitch still works all it is is the aileron and elevators.

The joystick works fine on all other flight sims I own. I don't get it

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
joystick issues
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:15:44 AM »
Make sure you calibrate the stick in Windows and the in the game.
Check the Options->Controls->Map Controllers panel to make sure the commands are indeed mapped to the joystick inputs.

If not, simply press the "Default Map" button and the default commands for the joystick will be assigned.  Do not use the "Default Map" button for other modes as this button sets the default for the game to use.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com