Author Topic: In game skin selection  (Read 370 times)

Offline Avenger8

• Zinc Member
In game skin selection
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering a few things about in-game skin viewing, and didn't want to crowd up the message buffer while online. I hope someone can take a few moments and help me out here.

1) If I pick a skin for say the P-38G, when I see an enemy or friendly P-38G will their plane show the skin I have selected or the skin they have selected ?

2) I am in the process of downloading every skin from the HTC website. So after I put them in my skin folder, will checking "Download skins during gameplay" do anything ?

Thank you, A8

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
In game skin selection
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »
1) You will see the skin they have selected, if you have downloaded it.

2) If you already have all skins, checking the box won't do anything. Only when there are new skins you don't have yet, download will start automatically.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Avenger8

• Zinc Member
In game skin selection
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »
Great ! Thank you Lusche. That's exactly the info I needed.

Thanks, A8

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
In game skin selection
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:07:55 AM »
One note: Downloading all of the skins and having them available (i.e. seeing skins others have selected) can cause stutters in game. There are too many skins to pre-load into memory. If you are flying and notice a quick freeze that wasn't there before, chances are it is a new skin loading. You can eliminate this either by downloading only the skins you want to see (all others will show as default) or by not allowing other players skins.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Avenger8

• Zinc Member
In game skin selection
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 10:23:58 AM »
Ahh, good point. I think I'll only put in the skins I'm interested in then.  Thanks for the tip.

A8

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
In game skin selection
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »
One last item, no matter what skins you see in the game, if you record views, you will only see default skins on other planes and what ever skin you had chosen for your aircraft.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes