Author Topic: Major Biggles answer  (Read 1487 times)

Offline louman

• Copper Member
Major Biggles answer
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »
Major........You interest me!  Funny you should mention physics.  If you are interested I can direct you to a web site that explains a lot about physics and God and creation.  Someone I respect has just turned the world of physics upside down...in relation to gravity...."the big bang theory" and creation!  I'm sure you would be interested in his web page.  Lou

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »
:noid
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
I'm interested louman. Can you PM me with the site. Thank You
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »
i want a post that says  "MegaDud answer"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »
:rofl

Just post something contrary to St. Lou's beliefs, dud.

:noid
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 04:47:46 PM »
Yay, religious trolling!
:noid :noid :noid

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »
sounds cool lou :)

i always find there's more to spirituality and philosophy if it's truely explored ;)

pretty crazy deep stuff, but i read a book about wormholes time machines and spacetime that came out about a year ago. had some really cool bits about 4 dimensional quatum physics and stuff :) wasn't too hard to read either. it's quite funny how philosophy isn't a straight line, with two sides, but a line that goes full circle. some of the science goes so far off the line that it becomes philosophical, and religion so far that it becomes scientific :)

yeah, no, i would love to see that site, sounds interesting. what precisely is it about?

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Yay, religious trolling!
:noid :noid :noid

the finest trolling there is!

intardnet trolling is for silly middle aged men with nothing better to do. religious trolling is the fine art of the elite extremist! :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »
Do dogs go to heaven?

Offline louman

• Copper Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 07:39:02 PM »
The web site is FHU.com.  "The Foundation of Human Understanding"  The founder of the site's name is Roy Masters.  Recently at a meeting of a large organization of physicists he gave a short talk on the origin of the universe......he was able to question the so called "big bang theory" and disprove it by new thought and study on the subject.  Before the talk he was thought to be someone interesting but not someone to be taken seriously.  After the talk he was approached by many for a copy of his paper on the subject.  It all was based on what gravity is.  A very interesting subject.  He has written a book....one of many....but this one is called "Finding God in Physics"  It is downloadable at this site FREE.  I would suggest that you and all interested check this site out.  You will find it very interesting if you are a searching person.  Lou

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »
looks cool :) DL'ing it now.

from what it briefly looks at, it seems interesting. just to clarify, i'm a christian as such, quite spiritual and religious, but don't 'like' to allign myself alongside a lot of people who claim to be christians, but aren't really, or claim to be holy and follow the bible, despite the fact that they almost epitomise everything that jesus stood against.

there are of course genuine christians who really know what it's all about, but unfortunately not enough :)

anywho, the matter at hand.

i personally believe in the big bang. it ticks all the boxes and is a good theory supported by good evidence. we don't truely understand it (but the CERN experiments will be VERY interesting), but, that's like a lot of science. there are questions we will never know the answer to, and personally i like it like that. how boring would it be if all there was to creation was god and some clay? pretty boring is what :) god is too complex to do something the simple easy way, he likes to do it the awesome way :D who could possibly be more of an enigma than 'the dude'? for some reason though, many religious people fear the big bang???

to me, nothing is more proving of a creator than the big bang. an infinite amount of energy in an infinitely small explosion, that creates an almost infinitely large and amazing universe, with laws, and weird features that don't obey the laws!... :) that to me is cooler than god making the earth in 6 days, instead he took billions of years and created the entire, awesome universe. that's something he would do, go over the top, just for the fun, isn't it? :)

taking the creation story literally is a bit silly. if you've ever really experienced what god is like, you'll know that he has a warped perception of time. he does things by his own schedule, not ours, and i certainly don't think that when the bible says roughly 6000 years, that that is what god really means to say ;) think about it :)

another topic for discussion is evolution, always a good one, but we'll get to that in time :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 08:34:55 PM »
hmmm, reading the part about speed of light was interesting, although i think he's not quite got it.

basically, the faster you go, your momentum rapidly increases, far to fast for it to be related to speed, something else is effecting it. personally, i think it goes right back to basic quantum mechanics, like the momentum of electromagnetic waves (which have no mass, but somehow have momentum). spacetime is somehow effecting the momentum, which i reckon changes the way the universe reacts to the object. unfortunately, i'm no einstein or hawking, so most of that i have no idea how to solve.

i have figured out though, that it IS possible to travel at exactly the speed of light, if you had an immensly powerful engine. travelling through spacetime appears to effect the object's mass, so you need more energy to increase the speed (because of the momentum factor). if you have loads of energy you can get to the speed of light, but once there nothing can stop you, because at the speed of light you become infinitely heavy, so you cannot change your momentum.

always funny looking at light. photons act like waves and particles, have no mass, but have momentum, and once they've been slowed down (travelling through glass or something) they speed back up...

they're also effected by gravity (which alters spacetime). so therefore, light must have a huge connection with spacetime that we're missing, perhaps light is even powered by spacetime. also, don't forget that a photon can theoretically go wherever it likes without having to travel, as it can just quantum leap.

would like to read on further but don't have time, it's late here in the UK, i'm off to bed :)

post something good for me to reply to in the morning, i always enjoy discussing this :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 09:13:15 PM »
I believe in the Little Bang.

Seriously, though.

Anyone who will dismiss the Big Bang theory out of hand simply by reading some copy on a website never WANTED to believe it, and definitely does not have the acumen to be able to understand it.

There's a cool place for people who aren't interested in science, the scientific method or scientific theories.  It's in Kentucky, I think, just opened up.

Me, I have no problem squaring the scientific theories regarding the origin and age of the universe with my faith.

Don't pretend you have an open mind if you're saying one website written by some guy has definitively disproven the Big Bang Theory.  That's just silly, mate.

Edit: Just looked at the website. Whooo, boy.  A quote by P.T. Barnum comes to mind.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:23:30 PM by scottydawg »

Offline louman

• Copper Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »
I have never believed the big bang theory.....and as it states..... it is a theory....never has been proven!  Roy Masters is the 1st person to come up with an alternate view in all of this time in a scientific way.  He approches religion that way also.  From a differn't perspective....not using a lot of religious terms that people have been turned off by.  Jesus it may supprise you was not caught up with religion nor was he a scholar.  Meaning he was not a scribe or pharisee.....saducee.  He knew the scripture but didn't walk around quoteing it all of the time.  He kept the law....fulfilled it even.....but didn't follow it religiously...verse and chapter....traditionally.  When someone asked him a question he knew how to get to the root of the problem and speak truthfully.  He did this by intuition.  If something is right you can see it if your a seeking and intuitive person.....you may not be able to explain it in scientific terms....you just know it is the truth.  Jesus said  "you must become like children" ponder on what he ment by that.....it has deep meaning.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Major Biggles answer
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 12:43:38 AM »
Shouldn't this be in the O'Club.  

Notice no question mark.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC