Author Topic: 3 second delay  (Read 492 times)

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
3 second delay
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:31:55 PM »
Still working on my warpy problems.  Squaddies and other players are pointing it out to me.

Any insight appreciated.

My biggest indicator in the game is that every three seconds the game hesitates then resumes normal speed.  My frame rates are very good so I figure I have some sort of program running.  I'm Vista AMD Dual Core running game in XP mode.  

No norton, spy sweeper is off, windows auto update is off, pop up blocker off.

Also, in Task manager I get a denied access message when Im stopping Services amd also when I try to diasable the spy sweeper program (It's turned off but still shows.)  As administrator, shouldn't I be able to set these to off?

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
3 second delay
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:40:56 PM »
Try right clicking on Services and then select "Run as Administrator". Even if you have full administrative priveleges you still have to do this sometimes.

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
3 second delay
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:01:55 PM »
JB, I have the same processor and was running vista AND having warping problems.  I finally had to set up dual boot and run AH on XP and it runs fine.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
3 second delay
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:11:50 PM »
I found my wireless router was doing that very same thing, even with no other pc's hooked to it (MY pc FEEDs the router with its dialup, so I havent much bandwidth to waste) I just unplug the thing when i log on
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
3 second delay
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »
Ok,  lets see if I get this right.  My NetGear router (Comcast cable) is directly cabled to my computer and provides a wireless signal to another family computer in the room.  I have turned that machine off to eliminate the possibility of interference but the pause was still occurring.  How can I rule out someone else tapping my signal in the neighborhood?  Is there a place to see any activity on my PC?

I'll have to research how to do the dual boot to see if that helps.

Thank you all, I appreciate your help.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:33:30 PM by JB17 »

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
3 second delay
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 08:07:41 AM »
Without actually seeing what you have for a menu, I can say that somewhere in the router menu is an option to see which computers are connected to the wireless.

type "192.168.2.1" into the web browser addy bar, provide the username and password as provided by your documentation, or you might be able to google your router and "default AND password" (with quotation marks). That should bring you up to your routers menu.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
3 second delay
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:11:27 AM »
Originally posted by JB17
Ok,  lets see if I get this right.  My NetGear router (Comcast cable) is directly cabled to my computer and provides a wireless signal to another family computer in the room.  I have turned that machine off to eliminate the possibility of interference but the pause was still occurring.  How can I rule out someone else tapping my signal in the neighborhood?  Is there a place to see any activity on my PC?

I'll have to research how to do the dual boot to see if that helps.

Thank you all, I appreciate your help.

Unplug the network cable from your cable modem ... the one that connect to your NetGear router.... and plug your computer network cable in there in stead.

This by passes the router and any chance anything else other than your computer is on the line. If things clear up, thensomeone else may be getting a free ride on your wireless, and you need to add some security.... which you should have on anyway  :)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
3 second delay
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
I have a netgear router-- from any wireless connection to it I can type in http://www.routerlogin.net, use the default password, and see the boxes connected to it (I dont worry about hackers, nearest neighbor is 3 football fields, and we would notice some putz parking his car in front of the house):p
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
3 second delay
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
I am using a wireless router with my desktop hard wired into it (the one I play AH on)  I loaded AH on my wifes laptop to see if it was a connection problem and it ran beautifully even on wireless.  Thats when I set the dual boot up.  I suspected Vista.

Offline JB17

• Zinc Member
3 second delay
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 03:29:48 PM »
I have my son playing sometimes via wireless on the second computer and it's almost unplayable and eventually disco's, (when we both play).  You're telling me I should have a better wireless connection than I have as well.

Thanks for your comments, still working on it.

I have another question.  My other computer (went boom) but managed to salvage the Hard drive intact w/XP on it.  Can I just throw it in a vacant drive bay and somehow tell the computer to boot from that drive?  Seems to easy, but you guys are the gurus.   I miss AHI.