Author Topic: I am deciding on TrackIR - Mind if I ask for a Pole? Is TrackIR worth purchasing?  (Read 621 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Detractor here
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »
I fly with MWL and he suggested the TIR so I got one.

I rarely use it anymore.

It's pretty awesome when it works.  But, I have found that I have better luck with using it in conjunction with the hat switches.  I have plenty of hat switches and have them set up so that I can see very well around the a/c.

One of the worst views, with tir, is the 6 oclock view imo.  Despite coaching, I can't get the same wide field of view and SA using tir as I can with my straight back hat view with the view all the way zoomed out.

Last, I have some large windows where I play, and the ambient light absolutely renders the tir useless except for evening.

For a time I used them together, tir for form flying and in a fight sometimes, and the hat for cruise or when there was too much light, but for the last month I've not used it and haven't really missed it.

It sounds like most people would recommend it, so if you have the bucks you might as well pick one up and decide for yourself.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila