Author Topic: X52 or X52PRO????  (Read 1062 times)

Offline THOR01

• Zinc Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »
Got  a refurb X52 from Saitek. $69.00 is hard to beat considering a pro is 190-200. I think it has a 30 day warr. Wouldn't screw with Ebay, they were more expensive there.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 04:54:18 PM »
Are you sure the PRO has hall sensors? From what I heard, they're far far more expensive... The price on the PRO isn't too much more than the "normal" -- I'd imagine the price makes up for the metal components, rather than the hall sensors.

If it does have them, then they're a step ahead of EVERYbody else out there, and kudos to them! (and I might have to save up to get a X52 Pro then)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Are you sure the PRO has hall sensors? From what I heard, they're far far more expensive... The price on the PRO isn't too much more than the "normal" -- I'd imagine the price makes up for the metal components, rather than the hall sensors.

If it does have them, then they're a step ahead of EVERYbody else out there, and kudos to them! (and I might have to save up to get a X52 Pro then)
Both, X-52 and X-52 Pro have sensors on X and Y axis and regular pot on Z (twisty).

I was rather disappointed with Pro, especially with how the second spring is implemented. There's noticeable transition at about half the throw which is  a pain in the rear for all those who pulled in outer deadzone sliders to about half  (as I did).

Even with all the added "metal" bling, it feels same cheap as regular x-52, because the Pro stick and throttle weigh less.

The only positive is removal of hardware center deadzone for X and Y which makes stick very precise in the center. Probably great for cherry pickers.

Pro is not worth the extra $75 unless your style is pimped up stuff...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 11:52:33 PM »
Hrm.... I shall save my $$ for bills then...

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 06:57:26 AM »
I saw the X52 stick not the 'PRO' but the regular 52 in "Best Buy" & Comp USA" in Pittsburgh PA within the last 2 weeks.:cool: :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 07:24:44 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Hrm.... I shall save my $$ for bills then...

Save your $$ for a CH Fighterstick. It's far & above more precise and smoother than an X52. I have no issues with the X52 throttle or peds, in fact I married the CH stick into the set-up and I'm now happy as a clam  :D

Provantage.com sells the CH Fighterstick for $86

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 08:56:20 AM »
I just can't force myself to spend that much moola on something that has minimal buttons and ***no throttle***. :cry

CH quality may be top notch, but their design, ergonomics, and layouts are crap

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »
The CH Fighterstick and Combatstick both have a throttle wheel on the base. The Fighterstick has an 8-way view hat, 3 4-way hat buttons and 4 buttons on the handle, along with a pitch and aileron trim wheel. Sheesh, how many inputs do ya need? :D

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »
Don't bother Max . If he wanted one he would have gotten it already .

It's good , just not for everyone IMO . Some don't just like good , they want and need different  :P
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 05:04:35 PM »
The stick may not be for everybody, but it gives you a clear choice, spend $75 @ Siatek for a refurbished 'flight control system'.  Shop around and possibly fine a new one at one of the mass merchandisers.  Continue to spend $20 to $40 for a inexpensive one & replace it every 3 to 6 months.  Or bite the bullet & shake the moths out of your wallet or wipe off the Visa card etc. & make your choice....
Myself I usually recommend a Saitek EVO or equiv. for a new player, this gives them a chance to decide.:aok :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 01:08:10 AM »
well, I went for the X52. They had refurbed ones on the site for 69 bucks. I figure if I want to upgrade later this stick can move to my second computer. Thanks for the input fellas.

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 03:01:26 AM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn

Pro is not worth the extra $75 unless your style is pimped up stuff...

Yea, and that's the way Bighorn rolls ...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:04:43 AM by Domin »

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
X52 or X52PRO????
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »
Got it up and running last night and all I can say is WOW! What a difference. I was racking up kills in a P40 like nobody's business. Much smoother roll in and the nose wasn't all froggy. I was hitting high deflection and passing snap shots cause the nose was staying where I pointed it. And the potato launching 109s seemed a bit easier to kill with too. It seems that it has a lot more adaptability in the location of the controls with all the buttons. Now I can go to wep, lower/raise flaps, control engine speed, and control views much easier and without taking my hands off the stick to screw with the keyboard. I'm still gettting use to it and trying to decide what button will do what but I am super pleased with the way it's working out.