Author Topic: Early War ETO  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »
We discourage base capure. Plus its a BoB setup no need for brits to bombers because they were defending thier country.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 12:50:13 PM »
looks like my K/D ratio is going even further down if I stay on Axis...
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Early War ETO
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
looks like my K/D ratio is going even further down if I stay on Axis...

Not true. The Mk I Spits and Hurri's  are armed with 8 303s. They have to saddle up long enough for a good burst to kill you usually. The snap shot kills are rare. Plus they have fuel starvation issues pulling negative G's.

The 109E if flown well is more than a match for these two planes. The 110's cannon load also makes it a good contender.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »
ahh, ok, i didn't realize these were non-cannon equipped birds.

nice!  I've been flying the underdog axis planes for the last few weeks- be nice to have a little advantage...
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 01:12:06 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
ahh, ok, i didn't realize these were non-cannon equipped birds.

nice!  I've been flying the underdog axis planes for the last few weeks- be nice to have a little advantage...

The only reason they are the underdog is because you are in them.  Its not all about pulling on  your stick.  109s have their advantages too.  Learn how to use them or stop crying and switch sides. Get a spit5 and Ill take an F4 and we will see if the plane wins.  I wont hold my breath though.  The only reason you are in the 109s is because you can tell yourself that you got bit by the plane (spit)  and not because of you.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Early War ETO
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 01:19:39 PM »
Wow........

Kind of a bucket of cold water there Dedalos. :lol

If I'm correct isn't toonces fairly new?  It takes a while to learn to fly 109s like platano, eagler, or larry.:)

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Wow........

If I'm correct isn't toonces fairly new?  It takes a while to learn to fly 109s like platano, eagler, or larry.:)

Its not the first thread he is crying about spits.  F4 flies almost like a spit anyway.  E4 is a spit although a litle underpowered vs the spit 5, but it owns the Spit I.  

I did not check to see if he is new or not, but if he is, he fits right in, lol. Whaaaa he is flying the uber spit I, whaaaa :noid

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Early War ETO
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »
I saw some guys really kicking butt in 109E's against SpitV's last night in the AVA. I can never seem to get the hang of any of the 109s, so I took refuge in the 190s speed all week.:D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »
I saw some guys really kicking butt in 109E's against SpitV's last night in the AVA. I can never seem to get the hang of any of the 109s, so I took refuge in the 190s speed all week.:D

109s were teh suck a while back. One of the updates/paches changed them and now they can actually turn.  They always had the advantage over the spits of the same era in the vertical and now they turn decently too.  Yeah, if just pull on your stick and flat turn you will die but thats your fault, not the spits

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Early War ETO
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 02:19:33 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Yeah, if just pull on your stick and flat turn you will die but thats your fault, not the spits

Agreed.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 02:52:14 PM »
dude, you have me mixed up with someone else.  

But, either way, be seeing you up there.

See ya,
Toonces

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
E4 is a spit although a litle underpowered vs the spit 5, but it owns the Spit I.  

Oddly enough, in the BoB plane set, the Emil v. Spit is the best match.  Spit turns better, Emil climbs better (slightly) and has better guns.  Hurri I v. Emil is really two different plane types, same thing with 110 (and 110 is the plane that owns this setup).

Trick is that the Emil and 110 take quite a lot of practice to fly well, I think.  They're difficult planes for people who haven't flown them much, and the advantage goes very much to the British fighters in that situation.

- oldman (yo Dedalos, lighten up!)

storch

Early War ETO
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:52 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
How about you come try and take it tough guy.:aok
I would except I have plenty of my own pocket lint. :aok

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Early War ETO
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 12:54:09 AM »
Wow........

Aww shifty thanks for the ego boost.:lol
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
Early War ETO
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »
Hi chaps,

This is one of the finest setups IMHO. The Spit I/Hurri I vs Bf109E of F is a very good matchup, but I feel that the Bf110 is a bit too much...

For the few times I rode the 109 :O I must recognise that it is a plane for experienced and talented pilots, and it takes months - not to say years - to know and master in all his variants.

One of you said something about Spit V's in this setup, but I don't think there are any...If there are, I'll look for one. Better a small load of cannon ammo that no cannon at all...

I do not feel necessary to put the JU87 or JU88 in...Instead of disabling bombers and fighter/bombers for Axis, could they be available only in the Southern major airfields? That way, the buffs could set up their blitz raids and the furballers could concentrate in the fight...

BTW, discovered the best time to fly in a crowded AvA: 02:00 AM GMT!

Cheers,

Sparrow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"

P.S.: I miss Storchita and Platano, among others.
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/