Author Topic: wife ack  (Read 3990 times)

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 03:39:35 PM »
would luv to see the stat on how many marriages actually ended because of AH or somehow partly responsible for it.

I know a few.

as said before wife prefers me drinkin and cartoon flying, than drinkin and driving.  It's when ya combine the both that can really be fun.(off road of course)
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
Go out with firends and come home really late...

Make her wonder what your doing going out at night and coming back late and she will apreciate this 'game' that keeps you occupied at home.
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
wife ack
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 03:51:43 PM »
This is what I hear when I'm playing...

1. "Honey! Come downstairs and watch What Not To Wear (on TLC) with me"
Me": Oh gawdammit

2. "Are you on your game again!?"
Me: No. I am just checkign my e-mail (As I'm shooting down a spit from my B17 tail-gun)

3. "Come cuddle me"
Me: Are you naked?
No. But come down stairs anyhow.

I made a deal if I buy her a computer,she'll get a scond account on AH and gun for me on bombing raids.

:rolleyes: :lol :rofl :aok
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
wife ack
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »
Keep a pile of cash next to the computer and hand out "Jacksons" till she leaves on a shopping spree :rofl

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
wife ack
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »
Get an 8inch solid steel door with 20 locks. Might want to reinforce your walls as well. Maybe add another chair with a .303 mounted on it to the back of your chair. Some side .303s might help as well.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
wife ack
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
Originally posted by EskimoJoe
Get an 8inch solid steel door with 20 locks. Might want to reinforce your walls as well. Maybe add another chair with a .303 mounted on it to the back of your chair. Some side .303s might help as well.

And when all that is done the enemy (a female in most cases here ;) ) will just flip a switch in the fuze box or pull the internet cable. "honey, can you please put that back?" wont work then i think.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
wife ack
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Keep a pile of cash next to the computer and hand out "Jacksons" till she leaves on a shopping spree :rofl

Careful, that may backfire.

Before you know it you will need to have a pile of cash next to the bed too :D

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
wife ack
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »
Mr. No Name wins.

If you negotiate, you're toast. Might as well uncouple your own goolies and hand them to her in a jar, so they don't cause any more trouble.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
wife ack
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 05:42:02 PM »
Ha, already there chump.  Proud of it.  :lol

All I am to her is a good well cant say!

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
wife ack
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
Yeah well, I'm speaking from experience myself.

Not proud of it.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
wife ack
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2007, 07:49:41 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
My wife is actually really good about my playing AH, she has learned to appreciate that when I'm playing she can watch whatever she wants on TV.

One time though, I had 24 kills in a tiger, had a blown turret, and a guy was chasing me in a panzer. I was desperately trying to make the trek from TT back to a friendly VH. It was fairly late and the kids were all asleep. She thought she'd surprise me and came down to the computer room scantily clad, and invite me to the bedroom. I had a hard time explaining perks and kills landed, and the game does not have a pause button to her. She just couldn't develop an appreciation for my situation. No matter how hard I tried. Needless to say the 50 odd perks I earned upon landing paled against the days of agony I later endured.

Lesson, " bail and go to tower NOW!" Don't even speak, just do it.

Dude, there's something wrong with you.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2007, 08:44:17 PM »
Originally posted by Scherf
Mr. No Name wins.

If you negotiate, you're toast. Might as well uncouple your own goolies and hand them to her in a jar, so they don't cause any more trouble.

Exactly.  If you cave, they have learned how to control you, they then lose respect for you and you become dull and weak in their eyes.

It's a simple principle: Either you are training them or they are training you... Dont get caught on the wrong end of that whip!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Re: Wife Ack
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »
Originally posted by Stampf
Try what I do.

We play "downed Luftwaffe pilot" saved by "Pretty French farmgirl." :t

Works everytime. :aok

We actually tried that, but she got an attitude when the girls showed up. sheeeesh! just can't make her happy!
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
I found the solution that works for me every time.  I first want to say that I am not married, nor have I ever been married BUT When I had a girlfriend that griped about the game I simply turned off the computer, grabbed the car keys and headed to the local "gentlemens club" and stayed until closing time.  After 2 or 3 of these occurrences they learn not to complain about you playing a harmless game in the comfort of your own home.

Just noticed how you said, "HAD" a girlfriend.:confused:
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: wife ack
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 09:19:19 PM »
Originally posted by swoose
Do any of you guys suffer at the hands of a wife that is jealous over a computer game? Mine gives me a lot of grief over playing AHII. It's not like I am out running the roads or something. Tried to get my doctor ,who btw got me started in AHII, to write a prescription for at least 20 hours a week but we figured even that wouldn't work.  Is there any help out there for wife ack?
 :confused:

At first this GAME is really addictive.

DOn't let it make your family go away.There are some players who have divorced over this game, well not the GAME but the fact that the Player spends all his free time in front of the monitor @ war with red icons & Toolsheds.