Author Topic: Do you remember your first kill?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
Do you remember your first kill?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
One against a pair of P-51's working me over.  I'd chase one and just as the other aquired my six I'd turn then I'd chase him and just as the first aquired my six I'd turn again over and over and over... eventually I got both of them.

I remember a very similar situation back in Mac AW.  Me in a Spit against another Spit and a 51.  That was my first time in such a situation.  I was constantly evading just as I was about to shoot.  I didn't shoot either of them down, but man that was an absolutely jaw-clenching palm-sweating blast.  My introduction to furballing. :)

Playing with the mouse too, but it wasn't so hard since they had that convenient "stick position square" on the screen.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 09:48:46 AM »
Originally posted by WMDnow
My first kill was me.

Same here.  My younger brother introduced me to the game, helped me get it set up, etc.  Then came time for  the 1st take-off.  We take off, he's right in front of me, and I was itchin' to try out the guns.  So . . . . .   I lined him up and let fly.
Of course being the expert shot I am, I immediatley blew up.  Then he tells me over the VOX, "Oh yeah -I forgot to tell you that you kill yourself if you shoot friendlies! - I knew you were gonna do that!"

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »
I dont remember my first kill on Aces High or Air Warrior.
My first flight was a zeke on Aces High.
I do remember my first CV landing on Aces High on H2H. I was flying a F4UD and had been trying to land on CV for bout an hour.
I do recall my first actual calibrated bombing sortie on H2H that took me 6 hours to get it right on a B17.

Air Warrior and Aces High
Flying mouse since 1996.
27th

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 12:20:49 PM »
my first kill was a while back but i believe i was in a p51 and i hoed someone hehehee:cool:
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »
Dont remember the kill, but I remember the first day.  I loged in without reading anything, pulled up the map and for somereason I picked the field with the big red and green bars in top:D   I took off in a spit I (I saw the amount of ammo and number of guns and thought it was good lol).  I left it on autoclime and statrted looking around.  I thought the sounds were kind of lame and the tracers comming off the field behind me looked like a cheap cartoon.  Stil on autoclime I was just looking around.  I determined that I should not fire on anything green unless they fired first (yep, I smart).  I grabed the stick and tried to feel the plane. lol, stalled it but I let go of the stick and it recovered.  I turned back towards the field listening to the confusion and people barking orders on range.  I pulled the stick left then right just to feel the plane again and there it was.  A nice litle green Niki d200 on my 12.  Must have been an other nube because I chased him or as long as I could using all the ammo from the spit.  He did not go down until some 10 or 20 fellow bish came in to help lol.  I got the assist and landed.  
Thats how the adiction started.  I spent the first month wondering why I could not kill anything flying a spit 1 and a 202 (yep, I smart) while other guys would take a short burst and get a kill.  After the first month I descovered 50cals and cannons (all by my self I may add, thank you very mach).
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »
I don't remember the name of the first girl I had sex with (pretty sure it started with a J tho).. definitely don't remember the first cartoon plane I shot down.
Army of Muppets

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
I don't remember the last name of the first girl I had sex with.. definitely don't remember the first cartoon plane I shot down.

First name was "Inflatable" tho...
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
I don't remember the name of the first girl I had sex with (pretty sure it started with a J tho).. definitely don't remember the first cartoon plane I shot down.

Das Rat strikes with precision, and a bad memory! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »

But you do remember it WAS a girl, right????
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 10:17:06 PM »
I was in an M16 on the second week of my two week trial using a mouse.  It was a good day.  Or morning, it was probably 2 or 3 in the AM.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2007, 06:51:43 AM »
lets   seeeeeeeee
  o yes first kills i was in a mustang  had not played for more than an hour
got my first kill (proxy) spent the next few min. trying to get back to base
getting two more proxy kills along the way then crashed on landing.
  this started a bad run in which i spent two weeks trying to get another  two and crashed every time i tried too land more than one kill.
first time i finally landed more than one kill was in a 38-L and i remember those the best!! got saluted and everything
     tnx   jeff
Flying since tour 71.