Author Topic: Fw 190-A5  (Read 1431 times)

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 12:45:03 PM »
wow that was a nice link tequila. thank you. And thank you all for helping put another weapon on the market :D
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 01:22:11 PM »
"Tricks" hardly ever fool a good player, but can help against the average MA player --

and here are a couple my brother (an average player who loves teh butcher bird) showed me with the A8, taking advantage of the roll rate.

My favorite goes for the auger proxy kill, and works more than it should. As the attacker comes in with a bit more speed than you, roll 180 degrees to invert, and yank hard down. If the attacker follows the move, roll back upright right above the ground and pull up -- if he tries to do same, he cant get around fast enough to avoid the crash. (Moves that rely on stupidity arent reliable, but are immensely satidfying when they work.) If attacker has lots more speed/energy, teh lag roll (as described by redd -- wait, roll, let em zip under you, finish roll pulling into their path and fire) rules -- and has the advantage of often giving guns solution.

For quick evasion, as they close roll onto R wing and pull -- they follow; then roll onto L like you're going to do it again -- as they start to follow, always slower rolling than you, quickly roll back to R and pull hard. They wont be able to follow, and it'll give you chance to separate some towards friendlies.

When you're in a swarm of baddies in a 190, its very hard to saty alive unless you're way faster/higher though.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 02:23:59 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
if the attacker goes up (like a good 109 will do) you lag follow with WEP to keep the nose in the air. as they invert and come down again, you do a quick snap stall, and pull out the opposite direction (like an accellerated split S) you do that throttle chopped, and they buzz right underneath you

I don't think I understand the 190s enough to understand what you mean. Do you have any films of this? How can you go from 125 with full flaps to split S in a dora?

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 03:35:18 PM »
The big problem with scissors is that any AH plane will roll with you at low speeds with a bit of rudder aid. At speeds above 350 mph, roll is only an advantage against planes with terrible roll rate at these speeds, like the Zeke, even in these cases, high roll rate is only an anecdotycal deffensive advantage in the MA.

On the other hand, high roll rate becomes a clear offensive advantage at hi speeds. You will be able to correct your aim quick at speeds up to 400mph.

Offline Todd420

• Zinc Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 02:08:53 AM »
People use stick stirring to survive in 190s (they use it in all planes but 190's do it extra well thanks to roll speed). Stick stirring is generally frowned up on and considered cheating so don't do it.

What do you mean by " stick- stirring "?

When i fly the 190-A-5 on purpose i will get someone on my tail,
set my elevator trim slightly above level pull straight up while
using full right rudder and moving my joystick too the rear
right corner of the base.This creates a really tight and fast spiral
turn which slows me down really  fast while the enemy planes goes right on by.This manuver works really well in the 190-A-5 but it is even crazier too use it in the Seafire.

SAS_KID try takin a 190-A-5 with 100% fuel up for a spin.Then whenyou get out on the runway too taxi out,hold down the shift key,hit F and cycle your fuel too  " FORWARD TANK ".Let it go until forward tank is at 50% then shift back too the aft tank.The 190's store  the majority of the fuel in the front of the aircraft,when you do the fuel that way it fly's and runs like a dream.

You don,t need too be any skill level too have fun in a 190.

If flying a 190 out and Ho shooting the first person you see?Then so be it your having FUN and thats all that counts.

If you need any 1 on 1 help SAS PM me we'll work out a time.

<>

:aok

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 05:52:54 AM »
I strongly advice everybody to not read Pinchehoto's post.

SHEESH

What you are doing is gaming the game pancheto, it is stick stirring.  Those fast movements will appear "choppy" or "warpy" on others computers making it nearly impossible to hit.  Try to perform an overshoot by just throttling back.  
Have fun, but remember, you are playing against other people that are real.  You want to start gaming a game, go play solitare or something against a computer.
I'll try to help ya out if you see me in MA, let me know you need training Pinchehoto.
I love callling you that PINCHEHOTO!
:D

P.S., you misspelled your name.  :D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Todd420

• Zinc Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 03:02:36 PM »
I strongly advice everybody to not read Pinchehoto's post.

SHEESH

What you are doing is gaming the game pancheto, it is stick stirring. Those fast movements will appear "choppy" or "warpy" on others computers making it nearly impossible to hit. Try to perform an overshoot by just throttling back.
Have fun, but remember, you are playing against other people that are real. You want to start gaming a game, go play solitare or something against a computer.
I'll try to help ya out if you see me in MA, let me know you need training Pinchehoto.
I love callling you that PINCHEHOTO!

that is a normal reply kermit.

Of course anything that helps you get out of getting shot down is CHEATING too others.It workx for me thank you very much.
My 15$ will fly how i want too   B.

Not only will i show others how too perform this manuver,
i will show you how too defend against it.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 01:40:23 PM »
:lol
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
I fly 190's a lot (mostly the A8 but I do fly them all including the Ta-152) and have for a long time.  They are consistantly my best planes (I usually end camp close to 4 K/D in each of them).

First a few observasions on comments made above:

Originally posted by Wilbus
Never get slow in a 190, and I mean NEVER unless you are very used to it. It is the worst turning fighter in the game and it doesn't have combat flaps. First notch of flaps extends at 170, at that speed you are already dead.

I fully agree with this.  Never get slow, never dump flaps.  You can turn with a 190 but have do do it gently, with finess.  Never turn so tight as to let the stall buzzer to sound.  Coming into a fight fast you're good for about 360-540 degrees of turning then it's time to extend and re-gain E.

Originally posted by Wilbus
The fast roll rate doesn't help that much in AH, it is nice to have but don't expect it to get you out of situations against most planes.

Disagree.  See my comments further below.

Originally posted by red300
you best evasive in a fw is to dive and run on the deck :aok

Sadly, this is true.  Few planes can stay with a 190 that has a head of steam and extending is often the key to survival.  When being chased by someone with slightly less speed you'll need to extend 3-3.5K in order to get the nose back around on them.

Originally posted by MANDO
The big problem with scissors is that any AH plane will roll with you at low speeds with a bit of rudder aid. At speeds above 350 mph, roll is only an advantage against planes with terrible roll rate at these speeds, like the Zeke, even in these cases, high roll rate is only an anecdotycal deffensive advantage in the MA.

Not true.  The 190's as a family (except maybe the Ta-152) will out-roll anything else in the game at any speed.  And here-in lies the key to survival and success.

The 190's roll SO well that they literally roll on their axis with no lateral or vertical deflection.  This makes the inexperienced think that the roll advantage isn't really a useful tool.  That simply isn't the case.

If you have altitude go into a dive.  At 500 mph indicated the 190's will start to shudder.  Not to worry, they are very strong aircraft.  

At speeds over 400 many if not most of the planes in the plane-set start to suffer from either compression or loss of roll rate.  For those that compress you are home free.  They have to either pull out or cut throttle.  Either way you gain the E advantage.  You can extend in a zoom climb, reverse and repeat.

For those that lose roll rate you can change direction quickly by rolling and pulling back on the yoke leaving them floundering to try to stay with you.  Because they lose roll rate they are working AGAINST the aerodynamics of their aircraft trying to force the roll and in doing so they are bleeding E.  If they use rudder to help themselves roll they bleed even more E.  Again, either way this is to your advantage.  Zoom climb, extend, reverse, rinse and repeat.

If you're caught low by someone with equal or more speed, use a flat scissors.  The awsome roll rate of the 190 allows you to reverse orientation MUCH more quickly than your opponent.  Watch behind you the entire time.  You should be able to bring your opponent 180 degrees out of phase within only a few reversals.  When you reach this point extend your turn until he's almost back in phase with you then reverse and repeat.  One of 2 things will likely happen.  He will overshoot and when he does you need to be ready to take advantage of the shot on his six or you will find yourself coming around nose to nose with him for the deflection shot.

If your faster than a close chasing opponent use a rolling scissors.  This is more difficult in a 190 than other planes due to the aformentioned tendency of the 190's to roll on thier axis.  You'll need to use a little rudder deflection to accomplish this but keep it to a minimum.  You don't want to bleed too much speed.  Open the arch of your scissors just enough to get your opponent to fly by then take the six or possibly high deflection shot as he does.

These tactics aren't going to save you 100% of the time but no tactic will.  They WILL improve your survival rate and your kill rate by using a strength unique to the 190's.

Hope that helps.  
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 04:26:24 PM »
"Tricks" hardly ever fool a good player, but can help against the average MA player --

and THAT'S the guy I'm lookin for:aok  Saw 3-4 D40's other night and got scared, until I Realized the 56th was Nit--got 1 of them, wounded 1 of the others. I think the WORST guy from the 56th would spank me even if he had to carry 1k eggs:furious
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 02:28:58 AM »
Did someone just hack my account I never recalled typing this post.:huh

Edit: Nor any of the posts within this topic besides this one...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 02:31:15 AM by SAS_KID »
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

HiTech

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 03:12:01 AM »
I just noticed that Kermit de frog responded to a post from 2005 that brought it to the top of the forum.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 11:23:56 PM »
whoa no wonder. :lol

HiTech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 09:00:23 AM »
A lotta that kinda BS going around as of late.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Fw 190-A5
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
This may be an old thread but BaldEagl hit the nail on the head.  Very nice writeup on a subject usually poorly understood.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF