Author Topic: CH Combatstick 586 USB  (Read 352 times)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
CH Combatstick 586 USB
« on: June 22, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »
Well I finnally broke down and bought a "descent stick", I am using my second joystick for rudder control. The stick is rather nice, but my score is going to nose dive as I learn to use the two in unison.

Is there anyone out there that uses a similar setup? I have been using a second stick anyway, but not for all the flight movements. Like for instance I use my second stick for flap, and wep control, the hat switch i use for zoom, and rudder trim turns. But using it for rudder, is really funky. Having coordination problems. Anyway, also thinking of going for pedals, but just wanted to find out if anyone else uses a similiar setup.

Cheers
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
CH Combatstick 586 USB
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:29:09 PM »
Your best bet is to get a set of rudder pedals. Both CH Products and Saitek make em. Even better, add in a CH Products throttle (USB) to the mix. You'll have every command you could possibly need at your fingertips. Check out http://www.provantage.com for CH gear...they have great prices. If you're stuck for cash, check eBay.

Using a 2nd joystick for rudder control just won't provide you with precise input.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
CH Combatstick 586 USB
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
Rgr I use Ch pro throttle and 586 stick and pedals . Works ok , if you don't want a 4 way hat on your thumb button .

oh man i am drunk atm
My current Ace's High handle is spro