Author Topic: First Flight  (Read 283 times)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
First Flight
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:32:42 AM »
My Dad went out and got an RC airplane recently.  We decided to take it out for it's maiden flight recently so the grand kids, grandpa, and I went out to a local high school to give it go.  My wife happened to tag along since she was playing around with new lens for her camera.  Here's what she captured:

Prepping the Plane:

Noob Dweeb Pilot (ah, reminds me of my first time in the virtual skies!):

Slipping the Surly Bonds!!!

Turning over the field...

Dang, where did that goalpost come from???!!!  It must have cheated!!

"It's dead Dad", says youngest son

I think I'll give him the controls the next time!!!

The plane survived the crash amazingly.  However the impact severed the wires to the motor.  Fortunately with a little stripping of wire and soldering we repaired it.

Oh, and we did better the next time we took it up!

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
First Flight
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:15:47 AM »
hahah looks awsome tango ;), i started flying rc with a tiger trainer, then moved on to some more advanced biplanes and now i recently purchased an advanced p51 model with retractable gear and other features etc( similiar to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-84-5-Top-Flite-P51-D-Giant-Scale-RC-Kit_W0QQitemZ140131392090QQihZ004QQcategoryZ19164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)... my cousin flys the jets like the knagaroo series hes a jet dweeb ;)
nice post:aok
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:20:25 AM by evenhaim »
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
First Flight
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 01:35:36 AM »
one word - duraplane.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
First Flight
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 05:49:23 AM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
hahah looks awsome tango ;), i started flying rc with a tiger trainer, then moved on to some more advanced biplanes and now i recently purchased an advanced p51 model with retractable gear and other features etc( similiar to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-84-5-Top-Flite-P51-D-Giant-Scale-RC-Kit_W0QQitemZ140131392090QQihZ004QQcategoryZ19164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)... my cousin flys the jets like the knagaroo series hes a jet dweeb ;)
nice post:aok

That is friggin awsum! please don't show me more ways to waste money and time,lol.

But that looks really sweet!
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
First Flight
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
one word - duraplane.

My duraplane did well until a freak side blast of wind shoved my duraplane to the left on take-off and smashed it into the door of an old out-house. :huh
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
First Flight
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:45:45 AM »
Man your kids are getting older. :) Tango.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!