Author Topic: This arena/map set-up is BS  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
This arena/map set-up is BS
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2007, 11:54:26 PM »
I just apologized to Skuzzy and Pyro for too aggressive advertising for this week's AvA setup - while we might have a Japan terrain in the AvA, it isn't doing any good for the main arenas... See my thread title (edit - that's the part I asked them to moderate) here in General, you get the point why I apologized - too aggressive marketing... While we'd like to see some more people in the AvA, the MA's are where the profit is, I'd think.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:03:23 AM by Panzzer »
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2007, 02:16:07 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I think the setups are great.  we few JG54 log on go to any arena we choose, kill lots of bishtards even while they congregate in the ack and flock as they tend to do.  it seems that FoSGness has permeated the bish culture to it's core.  I aslo get to type tons of trash on 200 as I mow down the cartoon tardlings like autumn wheat.

what could be more perfect?  oh ya I almost forgot it could only get better if the FoSGs managed to even make a weak showing occasionally.  killing FoSGs is the most cartoon fun for me.

Sorry guy but FoSG just doesn't roll off the tongue that easily.  If you're going to poke fun, your acronyms need to be easy to say.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2007, 02:44:01 AM »
I think the setups are great.  we few JG54 log on go to any arena we choose, kill lots of bishtards even while they congregate in the ack and flock as they tend to do.  it seems that FoSGness has permeated the bish culture to it's core.  I aslo get to type tons of trash on 200 as I mow down the cartoon tardlings like autumn wheat.

what could be more perfect?  oh ya I almost forgot it could only get better if the FoSGs managed to even make a weak showing occasionally.  killing FoSGs is the most cartoon fun for me.

Really?  How do you get into the overfilled arena?  Please, share the secret.  I'd like to congregate and flock with my fellow Bish.

You get to type trash!  What an Intardnet MAN!  

And BTW, looking at your score you get mowed down as often as that autumn wheat.

And BTW again, I'm not a member of the BoP's so I don't get the reference.

What an a@@.

[EDIT]  On a more friendly note tonight was much better.  Plenty of fights to be found without having to change arenas once.

Also, while it wasn't part of my original post, last camp I went almost 3 weeks without being able to log into the same arena as the rest of my squad so that is a problem and there's only seven of us (6 active and 2-5 on at any given time).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:52:02 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

storch

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 02:50:32 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Really?  How do you get into the overfilled arena?  Please, share the secret.  I'd like to congregate and flock with my fellow Bish.

You get to type trash!  What an Intardnet MAN!  

And BTW, looking at your score you get mowed down as often as that autumn wheat.

And BTW again, I'm not a member of the BoP's so I don't get the reference.

What an a@@.
we go to an unpopulated arena and look for fights.

scores? what's that?  who keeps score?

you should be a member of the FoSGs or perhaps the SNORES the intellect is seemingly certainly there.

storch

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 02:53:55 AM »
Originally posted by sullie363
Sorry guy but FoSG just doesn't roll off the tongue that easily.  If you're going to poke fun, your acronyms need to be easy to say.
 it rolls easily off of the tongue say it as fogs.  I hope that helps.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2007, 02:57:23 AM »
we go to an unpopulated arena and look for fights.

Speaking of intellect.

storch

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2007, 03:02:44 AM »
we show up and the fights majically appear, try it sometime score boy you might be amazed at all the neat things that can happen.  all you need to do is up a 110 low and slow where ever you see even a little red dar bar.  it's almost mystical how a fight just forms up, until the toolshedders show up to win teh war where the fight was at.

a fairly easy concept to grasp for most, even you.

I hope that helps.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2007, 03:11:13 AM »
we show up and the fights majically appear

That would be "magically" Mr. Intellect.

Spelling is a fairly easy concept to grasp for most, I guess not you.

I hope that helps.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2007, 03:25:18 AM »
Degradation of a topic doesn't take much time on these boards.

However, if you really want to fly in just about any arena merely log on and quit 3-4 times. The max value will have changed and you can get in.

Simple, stupid, but effective.

Hope this helps.

Ren

storch

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2007, 03:26:21 AM »
no need to place the word in quotation marks as I'm not quoting anyone merely stating a fact based upon observation.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 03:28:18 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Degradation of a topic doesn't take much time on these boards.

However, if you really want to fly in just about any arena merely log on and quit 3-4 times. The max value will have changed and you can get in.

Simple, stupid, but effective.

Hope this helps.

Ren

That usually works but there were times last camp I did that for 30 minutes at a time and it didn't.

Logging in and out of another arena usually works too but not all the time.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2007, 03:39:53 AM »
Storch,  I'm going to call a truce (appologize) right now.  I guess I was in a feisty mood and didn't take kindly to your generalizations of the Bish.  Every type lives in every country.

My squaddies and I do exactly the same thing; fly to an enemy base with no one there and end up in a fight almost every time.

Tonight we did that in LW Blue against a Rook base in the Rook backfield.  After our third trip out there all the war-winning types showed up and ended up capturing the base but the idiots gave up 6 more bases behind that in doing so.  I guess that will teach us.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 03:41:39 AM »
Storch,  I'm going to call a truce (appologize) right now.  I guess I was in a feisty mood and didn't take kindly to your generalizations of the Bish.  Every type lives in every country.

My squaddies and I do exactly the same thing; fly to an enemy base with no one there and end up in a fight almost every time.

Tonight we did that in LW Blue against a Rook base in the Rook backfield.  After our third trip out there all the war-winning types showed up and ended up capturing the base but the idiots gave up 6 more bases behind that in doing so.  I guess that will teach us.

Pointless and off topic.

storch

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 04:19:52 AM »

it's the intardnet, no truces required.  that type of gameplay we are discussing seems to work well irrespective of arena, not just the late war ones. you can fly with your squad, roll onto a field and circle just out of the ack, allow the defenders to up and come up to fighting trim and speed then engage 1v1 progressing to 2v2 etc until a nice furball is happening.  when the darbar reaches noticable levels teh war winners from both teams will show up to ruin the furball out of fear a base will be lost/ missed opportunities to kill sheds and vultch will end soon.

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
Baldeagl,

We have crossed paths in the ew mw arenas and had some good scraps.
If you are tired of the same old same old, I really recommend you try the
AvA arena. Generally a real good bunch of guys there. Hos are highly frowned upon, and 1 v 1, 2v2, 3v3 are recommended.

Lots of good fun, and many opportunities to improve your fighting skills. I have always been useless in a 109, have been flying the e and f models exclusively in the AvA and have become reasonable. In a couple of weeks.

I have gotten so used to not being hoed or collided into in the AvA that i almost cant fly in the LW anymore.

Last time in Lw upped 6 times got hoed 3, crashed into twice and got 1 kill. Went to AvA and had a good couple of hours of dogfighting.

AvA the only arena where good sportsmanship and courtesy are the norm.

See you there, give it a try.

Vertex.