Author Topic: Enough is Enough - The Problem with ENY  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Enough is Enough - The Problem with ENY
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 09:43:23 AM »
The only problem with ENY is it doesn't do ENOUGH and it doesn't do it FAST ENOUGH....

The problem is, the server adds up the sides, sees an imbalance, and the first thing it does is 0.5 or something stupid. Then it goes to 1.7, or 2.1, or 3.5....

It does jack all until it finally hits 5.1, when it FINALLY disables something on the over-balanced side.

By now it's far far past the "we could prevent this with a little ENY" stage.

The second the server sees an imbalance (where it normally starts an ENY limit of 0.2 or whatever) the lowest possible ENY limit should be 5.1, and it should only grow higher from there.

As-is it does nothing for a long, extended, period of time, allowing the high-numbered side to horde it up with impunity.

ENY isn't strict enough to work!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:09 AM »
Originally posted by halcyon
You completely missed the point of the post and focused only on the actual numbers in the screenshot.

Hey Numpty, switch sides. ENY problem over.  Get out of the horde and fly against the numbers, you might have some fun and learn something in the process.

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »
Unfortunately Nilsen over half the game population fly the "dweeby" planes, and the ENY affects them first. :)
There are lots of great rides between 5 and 10 that get locked out frequently from ENY, and some more between 10-15.

there are even better rides in the 15-30 ENY range
personally i think its funny to see la7,spit16,niki dweebs stuck in high eny planes
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
F4U-1D?
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 12:05:32 PM »
If you can't up a -1D...you can surely up an F4U-1 !
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Enough is Enough - The Problem with ENY
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »
I don't care if pilots shuck their duty of fighting for their country

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »
Plenty of 109s and 190s to choose from to. The latter can be used for both HOing and ramming if skill is the issue :D

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »
My favorite ride of late has an ENY of 30.....

Not that knights have ENY problems very often, but it FARMS PERKS like 1,000 acres of delta bottomland and 500,000,000 tons O'fertilizer!

68ROX

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2007, 12:48:04 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
The only problem with ENY is it doesn't do ENOUGH and it doesn't do it FAST ENOUGH....

The problem is, the server adds up the sides, sees an imbalance, and the first thing it does is 0.5 or something stupid. Then it goes to 1.7, or 2.1, or 3.5....

It does jack all until it finally hits 5.1, when it FINALLY disables something on the over-balanced side.

By now it's far far past the "we could prevent this with a little ENY" stage.

The second the server sees an imbalance (where it normally starts an ENY limit of 0.2 or whatever) the lowest possible ENY limit should be 5.1, and it should only grow higher from there.

As-is it does nothing for a long, extended, period of time, allowing the high-numbered side to horde it up with impunity.

ENY isn't strict enough to work!

Thers a reason for 0.1 > 4.9 ENY values.

Because of the way it is calculated without that buffer zone even a 1 player advange would start disabling planes.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2007, 12:51:47 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Hey Numpty, switch sides. ENY problem over.  Get out of the horde and fly against the numbers, you might have some fun and learn something in the process.

I have a number of friends on Knights, as well as my new squad, so no this isn't a solution.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »
the sooner you figure out that HT cares nothing for your opinions on HIS game the sooner the boards can be cleared of all these ridiculous eny and map threads.  

give it up!!:furious

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »
Kev: I disagree. The code itself already doesn't kick in (even to 0.1) until a certain threshold is passed.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Re: Enough is Enough - The Problem with ENY
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 01:10:03 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Cut the laughter Ded, and get out there and fly for your country. It's your duty!;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
What I wonder is IF the system works, and it's based on total players logged in, then why was there NO ENY restriction on the Rooks in this instance?

Originally posted by DarkS1ar
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
What I wonder is IF the system works, and it's based on total players logged in, then why was there NO ENY restriction on the Rooks in this instance?

Because most of the pilots belonging to S.A.P.P. are Rooks, and we have a deal with HTC :noid

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »
Unfortunately Nilsen over half the game population fly the "dweeby" planes, and the ENY affects them first. :)
There are lots of great rides between 5 and 10 that get locked out frequently from ENY, and some more between 10-15.
So what you're skirting is that YOU are included in that "1/2 that fly a dweeby plane".    Sweet whine, but I wish some here would use the Search function.   The Bish and Knights asked for ENY, they now have it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC