Author Topic: Aggravated!  (Read 594 times)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Aggravated!
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:08:36 PM »
Nope, not with HTC, with my cable company.  I should have stayed with Bellsouth DSL but the cable co. made me an offer i couldnt refuse (or so i thought)

I called and complained that my 8Mb line was clocking only 3.9 AT BEST, i waited half a week for my appt.  they went next door first, spent 2+ hours there showning up here at 4:30  (appt time 12:30 to 4:30 window.)  guy walks over here and says theres basically nothing he can do, we have 3 noisy nodes in the area, he walks out after 4 mins and walks back next door... I dont blame him, 4 really hot chicks just moved in there...  But i deserved better than that!

Since then, i called the company tech support, about 4:30... they vowed a supervisor would call me back in a few minutes.  It is now 11:03PM... think I should give up?  My service has yet again degraded, now my throughput is 44Kbps... yes 44kbps, lower than dialup.

I tried flying tonight a few times but i got disco'd a couple of times and said &*%# it.  I believe in giving credit where credit is due, so this adventure has been made possible by: ATLANTIC BROADBAND.

Yanno, i dont blame the guy for wanting to drool over those hot young chicks but he was older than i am... and he was ugly to boot lol.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:11:11 PM »
LMAO you have it good I only get about 3Kb/sec out here IF Im lucky. Only other option is sat. for $250 down and $50-100/mo. I WISH I could get cable or DSL. Untill then Im stuck with this dialup crap.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
What?  Old Ugly guys can't chase after Hot Young Chicks?

Larry you don't want Sat. if your gaming, it sucks bad.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »
Yes I know. If I ever do get sat. hookup it will only be for DLing and surfing the net. Ill keep dialup for the gaming, but Id rather just have DSL. How it is now if I wanted to DL the high res pack it would take 13hours. So now everytime theres a new update I eather have to wait 6hours or goto the library with my memory stick.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:48 AM »
OUCH is all I can say.......Thank God i live where there are other humans near by....LOL
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:30:12 AM »
Originally posted by SFCHONDO
OUCH is all I can say.......Thank God i live where there are other humans near by....LOL

Yes, but Larry isn't human...:D
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Re: Aggravated!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:40:15 AM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
Nope, not with HTC, with my cable company.  I should have stayed with Bellsouth DSL but the cable co. made me an offer i couldnt refuse (or so i thought)

I called and complained that my 8Mb line was clocking only 3.9 AT BEST, i waited half a week for my appt.  they went next door first, spent 2+ hours there showning up here at 4:30  (appt time 12:30 to 4:30 window.)  guy walks over here and says theres basically nothing he can do, we have 3 noisy nodes in the area, he walks out after 4 mins and walks back next door... I dont blame him, 4 really hot chicks just moved in there...  But i deserved better than that!

Since then, i called the company tech support, about 4:30... they vowed a supervisor would call me back in a few minutes.  It is now 11:03PM... think I should give up?  My service has yet again degraded, now my throughput is 44Kbps... yes 44kbps, lower than dialup.

I tried flying tonight a few times but i got disco'd a couple of times and said &*%# it.  I believe in giving credit where credit is due, so this adventure has been made possible by: ATLANTIC BROADBAND.

Yanno, i dont blame the guy for wanting to drool over those hot young chicks but he was older than i am... and he was ugly to boot lol.

You don't have Comcast do you?
I'm dumping them SOON for dsl
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 05:10:40 AM »
I had a much better connection when I had DSL.

But I think we need some pictures of your neighbors to give any more advice.:aok

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »
Ouch Larry :(

I suggest you move from Minsk.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 08:36:03 AM »
I really feel for your guys with slow connections or lousy ISPs..

Here on Long Island we have Optimum Online super high-speed cable. I opted for their Boost service. If I run the speed test, the potential download speed is 29.7 mb/sec. My old dialup service was lucky to get 3.7 kb/sec.

If you live within the Optimum service area, IO TV, telephone (unlimited calls in North America, and $15 more for unlimited worldwide), and high-speed internet is just $89.97.

Optimum.com

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
I had a much better connection when I had DSL.

But I think we need some pictures of your neighbors to give any more advice.:aok

I am invited over there for a 4th BBQ, I will try to do this for ya...
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Re: Aggravated!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
4 really hot chicks just moved in there...

In your case, I might try my hand at something other than AH.

Being married with 3 kids, I would have a legitimate complaint with the cable company.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Aggravated!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
Cable is all about infrastructure my friends. Like he said, you have 3 noisy nodes in the area and I can guarantee they will not fix it because you are probably the only one complaining. Had the same problem a my house and was told exactly that by the tech. Dumped them for DSL and Sat. TV.

Offline rodeo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dmsnow.com
Aggravated!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
I had a similar problem with my DSL provider.  I was paying for their "Tier 3" Plan with 1.5 m down and 512 up.  I was lucky if I go 1.0 down and 100 m upload.  After 2 years of troubleshooting and complaining.  I finally had a new Support guy at the house and after not finding anything (again); he comes up and says "...you will never get Tier 3 out here, you're too far away for the "hut"..."

I was furious, I called the company and demanded a refund.  They said their contract states "...speeds UP TO..."  I told the office person okay and proceeded to call PUCO.  I filed a complaint stating they the company knew they could not provide that speed when I signed up.  

Six months later, I got a credit from the company and 1 year of free subscription.