Author Topic: Next setup (Fri 6th)  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »
It was not. It still wouldn't turn with 109s if it were.

Oh, and to say the P-40E cannot turn with the LW planes is accurate. It is inferior to most (if not all) 109s, and especially the F-4 and G-2s I saw most when I was online. It might be able to dive but not dive away, not dive to catch the planes running from it. Not to mention, diving is moot when you have a line-astern formation of 190s and 109s diving in from above the clouds in an endless conga-line of cherry picking :t :t :t

Anyways, it wasn't very balanced for the allied side, was my point and opinion. I was offering the other side, rather than arguing for change. I probably won't be back unless my squaddies want to go to the AvA.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 02:25:58 PM »
True, the P-40E is inferior to most of the 109's (maybe the E too) But it will turn with them if the 109 driver is foolish enough to do so.

I have no answer for you about the cherry picking gangfest. It happens from time to time on the AvA, just not every time like the MAs.

The Yak9U is supposed to be enabled at certain fields like the G-14. I have an inquiry in on its status in the Staff forum now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 03:48:08 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
The LA5 has its own problems, and while it can turn well, it is not as easy to pull tight turns as the 109F-4 (most numerous 109 I saw in the short time I was on) and the g-2. It's very close in radius to the G-2 but the G-2 does it with much more ease.

....er....you'd rather be in one of the 109s than an La5?

Seriously, it's always seemed to me that, with the La5, the Bolsheviks have the edge in this plane set.  But the nice thing about FinRus is that there really isn't the lop-sidedness you get in some (most?) of the other historical matches.  One guy might think the 109s have the edge, another guy thinks that the La5s do, but they're close enough in performance that the pilots are going to be the deciding factors.

As for the P-40Es...they provide a lot of fun, and the guys who are really good in them don't seem to mind that the 109s are higher-performance planes.

What the removal of the Hurri IIC has accomplished is to eliminate much (if not most) of the Hizooka Madness that has often detracted from FinRus.  In the process, a lot of the historical flavor is back - we fly German planes against Russian planes now, instead of US Navy planes against British fighters.

- oldman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 04:06:42 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
....er....you'd rather be in one of the 109s than an La5?

As for the P-40Es...they provide a lot of fun, and the guys who are really good in them don't seem to mind that the 109s are higher-performance planes.

- oldman

Are you kiding?  Ill take a 109 any day over the LA5.  Any 109.  As for the p40 its ok in a 4 vs 1 but in a 6 vs 1 it does have a hard time.  Especialy when every single ping means flap damage and with out them, its just a flying bathtab.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 04:27:04 PM »
don't have an issue with the planeset, it is the "mindset" of the players that was the problem the other day .. it seemed someone let out a pile of rejects from MA as they descended into AvA with their "skillz" :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »
Funny thing is, seemed like every other time I've been to the AvA in the past year.

Oh, and I saw quite a few "regular" names in the roster when I scanned it. Weren't so many "ma dweebs" as some suggest.

EDIT: Well I don't want this to go in the wrong direction from here. I said my 2 cents, I'm done. I'll leave now.

storch

Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 06:21:04 PM »
wow!!!! this is funny to read.  I guess since JG54 isn't there much and more to the point I haven't been there since I don't remember when the place has really improved.

good luck with improving your arena.  I'll continue to contribute by staying away.

:rofl

VWE

Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 08:10:18 PM »
If only the ruskys had their woobiecane this threat wouldn't exist, all the more reason to keep it out. :D

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 09:33:45 PM »
That's funny -- I spent a good portion of my limited flying time in the AvA on Saturday, and witnessed none of the problems some of you folks are complaining about.

The sides stayed relatively even.  HOing was at a minimum.  Very few pilots broke about 8K.  Just your general furball.

And I flew on the Ruskie side.  Surely if the plane set was soooo unbalanced, I would have heard at least ONE complaint -- but no, those that were on seemed to be holding their own against the "superior" axis planes, and having a good time doing it.

So, it must not be the plane set -- just the pilots.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
So, it must not be the plane set -- just the pilots.

Some of the whines in this thread are an endorsement of that theory.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Some of the whines in this thread are an endorsement of that theory.

Wana translate that for me Slash?  Are you saing it did not hapen?  Does E25 think it did not hapen because he loged in at a different time?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »
Originally posted by storch
wow!!!! this is funny to read.  I guess since JG54 isn't there much and more to the point I haven't been there since I don't remember when the place has really improved.

good luck with improving your arena.  I'll continue to contribute by staying away.

:rofl

Ohhh Storch, don't get us wrong man.  You guys are idiots, but you are not the only idiots.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 09:08:23 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Wana translate that for me Slash?  Are you saing it did not hapen?  Does E25 think it did not hapen because he loged in at a different time?

wtf?:huh

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Next setup (Fri 6th)
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
wtf?:huh
:p

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member