Author Topic: Gunning Buffs  (Read 871 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »
To answer the question about firing all guns or splitting them, it depends on your dexterity, # of buttons available and the ability to fire all when necessary, your mental agility in the heat of a fight and attention to detail.

There aren't too many times you'll need to split them, so I would advise you to use fire all as primary trigger. You'll have enough (and more important things) to worry about for a while. :)

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
To answer the question about firing all guns or splitting them, it depends on your dexterity, # of buttons available and the ability to fire all when necessary, your mental agility in the heat of a fight and attention to detail.

There aren't too many times you'll need to split them, so I would advise you to use fire all as primary trigger. You'll have enough (and more important things) to worry about for a while. :)

I've been doing it this way so many years that muscle memory is OK with it. I will use just the primarys to sometimes "boresight" a bad guy b4 dumping in the cannons or secondary weps when I'm on target. I also sometimes use just the primaries to get an adversary to make a move at longer ranges like LUsche said. Sometmes it works and guys start evasives whci allow me to close the distance a little.
                                ESU

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Fire all does not release ordnance or drop tanks. It means fire all guns.

Your right, that was changed some time ago :)

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 02:15:38 AM »
I use an X52 which has a 2 stage trigger - Ive set it so when i pull the trigger half way in (stage 1) if fires mg's, then sqeeze it all the way to fire all guns. Fire secondary on its own is also mapped to a thumb button.

Works for me.