Author Topic: Gunning Buffs  (Read 870 times)

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
Gunning Buffs
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
My question is this? When flying a 3 ship formation of lets say B-24s and I man my own guns, for arguments sake the tail gun. When I fire the tail gun on the lead ship should the tail guns on the other two ships in the formation also fire? It seems when I'm attacking buffs the guns on all 3 ships are firing at  me yet when I'm in the buffs it seems only one weapon is firing. Matter of fact if I jump the the tail in ship 2 for example the ammo loadout is 100% whereas the ammo loadout in the lead ship is maybe 50% so I know the other ship is not firing. Is this something that can be turned on and off? Or am I doing something wrong?
 Thx For the help,,    ESU

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »
You just have to remap youre firing button to "Fire all", currently it seems just to be "Fire Primary" or "Fire Secondary"

Options->Controls->Map Controllers
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Gunning Buffs
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:32 AM »
Originally posted by truck5co
My question is this? When flying a 3 ship formation of lets say B-24s and I man my own guns, for arguments sake the tail gun. When I fire the tail gun on the lead ship should the tail guns on the other two ships in the formation also fire? It seems when I'm attacking buffs the guns on all 3 ships are firing at  me yet when I'm in the buffs it seems only one weapon is firing. Matter of fact if I jump the the tail in ship 2 for example the ammo loadout is 100% whereas the ammo loadout in the lead ship is maybe 50% so I know the other ship is not firing. Is this something that can be turned on and off? Or am I doing something wrong?
 Thx For the help,,    ESU

I thought you could not jump from ship tp ship if you are initially the pilot unless you mean when one plan is falling from the sky. Am i right?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Gunning Buffs
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
I thought you could not jump from ship tp ship if you are initially the pilot unless you mean when one plan is falling from the sky. Am i right?

No.

Ctrl 1 to 3 to jump to other planes while they're still there.  Guns only.  You can't pilot from the #3 position, for instance.

wrngwy
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 10:02:30 AM »
I see but if you then hit 1 pressumably your back in the cockbit of the leader?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
You just have to remap youre firing button to "Fire all", currently it seems just to be "Fire Primary" or "Fire Secondary"

Options->Controls->Map Controllers

Lusche,
     I got the impression that fire all was for primary (mg's) and secondary (cannon) on fighters. By remapping wont that also make my fighter weapons fire the same way? Currently i have my stik set up so my trigger (button 1) fires the mg's and button 2 fires the cannons. If I remap to fire all will my mg's and cannons fire togther or is this something I can just set up for buffs?
                                ESU

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
I see but if you then hit 1 pressumably your back in the cockbit of the leader?

Yes.
Si.
We.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 10:15:34 AM »
Lusche,
     I got the impression that fire all was for primary (mg's) and secondary (cannon) on fighters. By remapping wont that also make my fighter weapons fire the same way? Currently i have my stik set up so my trigger (button 1) fires the mg's and button 2 fires the cannons. If I remap to fire all will my mg's and cannons fire togther or is this something I can just set up for buffs?
                                ESU

Yes, if you map "Fire All" to that button, it will fire all guns when in a fighter too.

So you can either

- just live with it ;)

- map a third button on your joystick, so you have "Fire All", "Fire Secondary", "Fire Primary" at your disposal

- map "Fire All" to a keyboard key only. IMHO the easiest way if you use it only in buffs

- set up "Mode 3" for bomber flying:
Under "Map controllers" you have to select your controller(stick), select "Mode 3" then klick "Copy Mode 1". After that, adjust keys/buttons as desired. Now go to "Map Keys" and map "Mode 3" (can be found under "Global"select to any key. Now every time you up a buff, you can hit this Mode Selection key and have a dedicated buff control mode. This way you can also map bombsight or calibration keys to your stick without messing with your fighter (Mode 1) setting.
I very much recommend to add an additional "Mode 1 select" button to your keyboard too, so in case you are flying a fighter and accidentally hit "Mode 3" key, you can switch back to "Mode 1".

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
Yes.
Si.
We.

Thanks
Grassy ass
merci
Danke

(And dont take the piss  :D )
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 10:23:46 AM »
Thx, I'll probably just find an unused key and map fire all to that for buffs only, seems like the easiest way. Its a lot easier to defend yourself in a buff if all 3 planes are firing. This now presents a 2nd question, do most players fire all weapons simultaneously when in a fiter , ala the old AW way, or do guys split up the functions to two different buttons like I have it set up?
                                  ESU

Originally posted by Lusche
Yes, if you map "Fire All" to that button, it will fire all guns when in a fighter too.

So you can either

- just live with it ;)

- map a third button on your joystick, so you have "Fire All", "Fire Secondary", "Fire Primary" at your disposal

- map "Fire All" to a keyboard key only. IMHO the easiest way if you use it only in buffs

- set up "Mode 3" for bomber flying:
Under "Map controllers" you have to select your controller(stick), select "Mode 3" then klick "Copy Mode 1". After that, adjust keys/buttons as desired. Now go to "Map Keys" and map "Mode 3" (can be found under "Global"select to any key. Now every time you up a buff, you can hit this Mode Selection key and have a dedicated buff control mode. This way you can also map bombsight or calibration keys to your stick without messing with your fighter (Mode 1) setting.
I very much recommend to add an additional "Mode 1 select" button to your keyboard too, so in case you are flying a fighter and accidentally hit "Mode 3" key, you can switch back to "Mode 1".

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 10:28:53 AM »
Thx, I'll probably just find an unused key and map fire all to that for buffs only, seems like the easiest way. Its a lot easier to defend yourself in a buff if all 3 planes are firing. This now presents a 2nd question, do most players fire all weapons simultaneously when in a fiter , ala the old AW way, or do guys split up the functions to two different buttons like I have it set up?
                                  ESU

I can only speak for myself. My trigger is mapped to "Fire All", but I have two additional buttons for primary and secondary guns.
I usually shoot to kill and just fire all weapons. Some exceptions: Firing MGs only in planes with mixed armaments at long ranges to get my enemy making evasive movements. Or when attacking vehicles in Il2 or HurriD, then I shoot cannons only (secondary fire).

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
OK,
   mapped the "N" key to fire all, just have to remember to use it but gave it a test run last night and it was definitely easier to defend urself with 3 guns firing instead of one. Thx to Lusche and everyone else,
                                  ESU :aok

Offline DoLbY

• Copper Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 04:17:14 AM »
Depending how how many planes and what type are attacking...say something with weaker guns like 50s (unless the pilot is good aim) then he'll cause some damage but not as much as if with say cannons and he is just a lone on, then i'll hit my primary gun (one gun rather then all guns) but if its hairy situation and several guys attacking at once, time to let loose with all your guns :aok

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 11:58:15 AM »
This now presents a 2nd question, do most players fire all weapons simultaneously when in a fiter , ala the old AW way, or do guys split up the functions to two different buttons like I have it set up?
                                  ESU

I think it's good to have all 3 mapped, pri, sec, and all.  I most times fire all, but at times fire just primary.  If you have a bomb, rockets or DT on your secondary, you may not want to relase it.

I have a two position trigger, with a pinky switch that will change the function.  

First trigger- Primary
Second trigger - Fire All
First + Pinky - Secondary
Second + Pinky - Fire All

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Gunning Buffs
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 12:14:19 PM »
Fire all does not release ordnance or drop tanks. It means fire all guns.