Author Topic: Saturday Night AvA fun  (Read 972 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »
Biggles, hopefully we'll get as big a crowd as when we did the BoB, one of the finest moments in AH for me...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »
can really crappy pilots like me come too? :D

Goat

(the following reflects my views only)

The AVA is an arena where the overall culture of the regulars is to engage in air to air combat for the most part.  Base taking, win the war, etc, for the core group is not what they're looking for.  HO's are discouraged, as are ganging, vulching, and ack hugging.  Sportsmanship and side switching for balance are encouraged.  Not saying you won't run into any of the things that are generally DIScouraged because you will.  Just not as often as you do in the MA's.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:40:23 PM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
Biggles, hopefully we'll get as big a crowd as when we did the BoB, one of the finest moments in AH for me...

yes, definitely one of my faves too. it would be so awesome to break 100 or even 150 in the arena, especially because you know 90% of them will be far above average skillwise.

dicho, please come mate, i haven't flown with you in a while :) bring your squaddies too!

i think it would also be fun to break the squads up. have each squad split evenly between the two sides. it's not often that squads fight against each other, and i think it would lead to some friendly and enjoyable fights, but we'll see what people want to do. would be nice for people to wing with people they don't usually fly with too. whatever people would most liek to do though, that's the idea, all of us having the maximum fun together possible!

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 07:50:41 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
The AVA is an arena where the overall culture of the regulars is to engage in air to air combat for the most part.  Base taking, win the war, etc, for the core group is not what they're looking for.  HO's are discouraged, as are ganging, vulching, and ack hugging.  Sportsmanship and side switching for balance are encouraged.  Not saying you won't run into any of the things that are generally DIScouraged because you will.  Just not as often as you do in the MA's.

yeah, what he said :)

there always seems to be far more *chivalry* and respect in the AvA. people leave their egos behind and just have fun. it's easily the hidden gem of AH, but there are never enough people online, apart from when we run things like that (as panzzer mentioned, we ran BoB missions a few years back, it was absolutely awesome, one of everyone's best AH experiences. i think we had 100+ online at one point, it rocked :aok )

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »
Dicho, as Biggles stated, of course you're welcome. One of your squaddies will be flying with us in here (Harppa) so you're welcome to shoot him down or fly with him. And as Biggles isn't running the show, he or his squad can't deny anyone from participating (as Biggles said, feel free to join in)... So everyone welcome. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 07:56:12 PM by Panzzer »

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 07:59:54 PM »
Man, night shifts suck when things like this are going on........not that i'm in any way shape or form up there with you guys on the flying/fighting front, but i do do a good job in getting in the way to allow the better guys to escape, extend etc............

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »
seriously, all very welcome, we want to see as many people enjoying it as possible :)

i'm quite looking forward to it. so what are you up to panzzer? are you running the big finnmeet this weekend? what awesome timing!

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 08:01:50 PM »
Originally posted by gpwurzel
Man, night shifts suck when things like this are going on........not that i'm in any way shape or form up there with you guys on the flying/fighting front, but i do do a good job in getting in the way to allow the better guys to escape, extend etc............

Wurzel

lol. we'll be going from 8pm until whenever people get tired, so perhaps you'll catch some action on the back end, i dunno :(

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
i'm quite looking forward to it. so what are you up to panzzer? are you running the big finnmeet this weekend? what awesome timing!
Yep, this meeting is for pilots from all simulators, but this is a good time to show off the community and gameplay in AH for the non-believers (some WW2OL, WB and IL2-series pilots in here besides us AH'ers). So expect at least 10 or so of us to be in there.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 08:44:32 PM »
Just FYI, THIS is what happened last time we tried something like this, it was awesome fun. this is a film i made a while back of just some of the footage and missions from that night.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »
Sweet, d/l'ing now...........bored at work, with hiccups from this godawful nicotine gum..gotta be better than both of those...

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 09:02:12 PM »
I'll be there.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
Now that is a nicely put together film m8..........

Wurzel

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »
Originally posted by gpwurzel
Now that is a nicely put together film m8..........

Wurzel

cheers :) was just a few random clips from one night when we had 80+ on in the AvA and decided to run a few missions. it turned out really great :)

hoping for something equal or better tonight

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Saturday Night AvA fun
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 10:57:48 PM »
am i welcome ?:)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.