Author Topic: I Will Always Love You, Shiela  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
I Will Always Love You, Shiela
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss rpm.:(

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »
I'm very sorry for your loss rpm.  You and her kids are in my thoughts and prayers.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »
The news article here shows how much the whole community
loved those ladies.
TMom

Vigil held for murdered Dollar General workers
Posted on: Monday, July 09, 2007
Today's News:
By Mason W. Canales
Killeen Daily Herald

Killeen residents who live near the Dollar General store located at 4100 West Stan Schleuter Loop left their homes Sunday to attend a candle light vigil for the two employees who were killed on Independence Day.

"All the neighbors come here. We come here five days a week instead of going to Wal-Mart," said Mandi Keys, of Killeen, who helped set up the vigil ceremony for Sheila Reed, 40, and Gricelda P. Ramos, 28. "We wanted to just show support for the families."

More than 125 neighbors walked down the street to the Dollar General. Some even crossed the traffic speeding by on Stan Schlueter to show their respect for the two women brutally slain July 4. Those participating in the vigil shared memories of how they met Reed and Ramos and how the two women treated their customers.

"These girls were liked by everyone that walked into the store," said Patrica Johnson, speaking to the audience before telling a story about how well the women treated her in the store. "These young ladies will be sadly missed."

Others, such as Jacqueline Thompson, spoke to their neighbors not only about Reed and Ramos, but about the mourning process.

"My words of encouragement is this: keep your arms spread and open, and keep your heart and head tilted up to God," Thompson said.

Killeen police officers also attended the vigil.

"This is very important to the community," said Killeen Police Department Sgt. Betty Hazel. "It shows the people in the neighborhood care about the people here," she added.

Hazel watched the ceremony from the sidewalk.

The investigation of the deaths of Reed and Ramos continues. Police believe the homicide incident began as a robbery.

Dollar General Corp. is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Killeen Police Department at (254) 501-8800 or Crime Stoppers at (254) 526-TIPS (8477).
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2007, 03:38:23 PM »
Condolences

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
My condolences RPM... so so sorry.......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »
First and foremost I want to thank you all for your care and support.

We buried Sheila this afternoon in Sanger,Tx. A fund is being established in the children's name. I won't go into details but it will have her daughter Jen and Sheila's best friend as co-signers on the account to prevent it being looted by those that are untrustworthy.

It may be a few days, but as soon as it is set up I will post details.

I have learned some more information that is being withheld from the public and it is encouraging. I can't say anymore at this time but hopefully this will lead to the arrest and conviction of those responsable.

Once again I thank you each and everyone for your care and support.

Mike
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
I for one would love to donate to the fund as soon as details are given.  PM me the details when you get a chance.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »
Will do.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Waldo

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »
I am sorry to hear about this devastating loss to the children, yourself and
the community. I hope that  you can all summon the extra courage and
strength needed for what lies ahead.

Sheila Reed
I read it on the internet, so it must be true !

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Will do.
PM me as well.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:19 PM »
Hadn't looked through all the threads in here till today.

Sorry to hear this rpm. :(

My condolences

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »
I just noticed this thread today...
RPM Iam so very sorry for your loss! This is an absolute horrible tragedy!

I know I dont know you, but I do know I can say I DO know what your going thru right now! And its not easy..... I know this! I want to offer you an ear if youd ever need someone to talk to.  Sometime.....maybe not now , but in time...It does help when you have someone to talk to that has been there.  I lost my husband suddenly in January. Its just a horrible thing to have to go through!  

I truly am sorry for your loss.    My heart goes out to you and her children also.

Take care

Sue
Mrs68KO
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!
My hubby (68KO) founded The 68th Lightning Lancers. :)

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »
Dear RPM,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the death of your friend. If I can ever be of assistance to you in this or anything, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. Also, if you could use a book or two or three about now, please drop me a line. I can be PM'd here or you feel free to call me at the office at: 910-630-1215

The voice said, "Cry out!" And he said, "What shall I cry?" "All flesh is grass, And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. (Isaiah 40:6)
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:26 PM »
God Bless and may she rest in peace. My sincere sympathy and prayers to all. Justice will be served for eternity.

Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2007, 11:07:25 PM »
Very sorry to hear RPM, my sincerest condolences to you and her family.

Who are you to wave your finger?