Author Topic: PERK prowlers  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: PERK prowlers
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by CAP1
know what i kill when i fly a spit1??????

i kill me!!!!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I like the way the engine cuts out on the Spit 1 when you pull negative g's.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Re: PERK prowlers
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
The really funny thing is: You don't even need to be online at the very moment the arena resets to get those perkies.  :D

I have been here 5 years and never knew that.  My understanding was that you had to be online to collect any perk bonus.  So here's the rub.  If I believed you had to be on line how many others think or thought as I do?  I'll wager it's a vast many.

Do you have any info on this ?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2007, 04:38:18 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
I'm sure your not an imbecile. Your flippant wise cracks aren't doing you any justice.  Your argument is nill.  I've disproved your rhetoric so that leaves your honour seeking to be assuaged.

Run along now.

Yea you disproved it alright. :rolleyes:

Remove eny, would you care one iota how many were sitting in tower?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline LTARsqrl

• Zinc Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
I tend to agree with the auto logoff.  No use clogging the arena with AFKs.

As for this being a "Whine" Thread.  Ya ever notice that the same few people have to troll all the threads and WHINE that this thread or that thread is a WHINE thread.  I see the same names pop up in just about every thread on the boards offering nothing but degrading comments and trash instead of anything constructive.  Gee.  Makes ya wonder why certain topics resurface.  Doesn't it.

From a GVers standpoint on ENY really hurts when all you can up is a Jeep.  But no bullets for the MG.  It gets kind of ridiculous.  But we deal with it because it isn't going to change.

The numbers issue is kind of interesting too.  For the past few days for fun, we have gone to the EW arenas to mess with the milk runners.  We observed in many instances 20+ Rooks attempting to capture a base.  We popped in and stopped the primary assault and waited for returns.  No body came back.  We checked the roster and there were only 5 or so Rooks left on. :rofl  Slap them once and they ran for mamma.  Now our ENY kicks in.

LTARsqrl  <>

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 04:47:49 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
I still say if someone is in tower more than 15 mins, they should not count for ENY and should also not get perks awarded if a reset happens.

Might help a little..

Seems this is comming from someone who has never experienced wife ack.

Wife ack will put me in the tower from 5 to 30 minutes depending on the ack concentration. It happens to alot of people. Also, when running squad ops at times we can be sitting in the tower for 15-20 mins while our bombers climbout.

Now, up until that time I could have contributed to the reset greatly. So, punishing me for being married would be just another load of crapola that I have to deal with while trying to have fun and dealing with wife ack, dog ack or < shudder > Mormons or Jahovah Witness' at the door.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
Seems this is comming from someone who has never experienced wife ack.

The dreaded "Honey can you come here a minute?".  I shudder when I hear that phrase.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline LTARsqrl

• Zinc Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »
Wife ack is like the German 88.  Long Range.  Deadly if ya get hit.  And the best way to avoid it is not to be seen.  :D

LTARsqrl  <>

Offline froger

• Silver Member
cry me a river
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 05:18:08 PM »
Hey LYNX...err....
  ya got a point bro but what's this gotta do with the dang
 BANANNA PHONE

>FROGER< ---------done takeing it personal.
i have long sence banned my self from the >ch 200< tard monkey festival
 and instead of being grumpy most of the time you might just get a >SALUTE< from me.

I wonder if they ever made a FROG phone>>>?

>S< froger   <---------thr other grean meat.
frogs are people too

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 05:28:14 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Atoon,  FYI for the past three camps here are the highest K/D planes/vehicles in the arenas:

Tempest - 6.74  PERK
Me 262 - 6.01  PERK
Me 163B - 5.01  PERK
Tiger I - 3.57  PERK
F4U-1C - 2.66  PERK
F4U-4 - 2.51  PERK
Ostwind - 1.61
Hurricane Mk IIC - 1.60
Typhoon IB - 1.52
Bf 109K-4 - 1.47

In case you didn't know I pointed out the perk rides for you.

What are perks good for anyway?  
:confused:

Considering the prices of the top 5, these numbers are only logical. Takes moderate skill to get these rides. Then with the considered investment, naturally they try to get home.  Fairly skilled pilot in HOT plane with good motivation to RTB.......... Yeah, those numbers look right to me.

I was thinking more about numbers of perk rides flewn/driven in comparison to the rest of the plane/GV set.

Im sure the GV stats will change..... unless the firefly does
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Re: Re: PERK prowlers
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
I have been here 5 years and never knew that.  My understanding was that you had to be online to collect any perk bonus.  So here's the rub.  If I believed you had to be on line how many others think or thought as I do?  I'll wager it's a vast many.

Do you have any info on this ?

Actually, I don't know what most people believe

But you could be right, because it also seems that most people still believe that

- Under dar altitude is 200ft
- The purple text channel is "local" and can be read by all people close around you
- Your type of internet connection is responsible for determining who "wins" a collision

;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »
Upon further consideration, I'm more pissed about these afk pukes occupying a space which I might be able to use---Blue was full and locked out from 8-ish est until 11:30pm or so last night, and that's where all my NON-afk buddies were
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »
heres a solution for your eny. instead of setting eny for those that are online set for those that are in the air. shuoldnt be any harded to set that up then it was to set it up for the way it is now. i think this is only fair to all the players
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
heres a solution for your eny. instead of setting eny for those that are online set for those that are in the air. shuoldnt be any harded to set that up then it was to set it up for the way it is now. i think this is only fair to all the players

Can't,  then they just all up a mission of 5 ENY planes. Then you have numbers and low eny capped AC.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
PERK prowlers
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Can't,  then they just all up a mission of 5 ENY planes. Then you have numbers and low eny capped AC.

I thought that too, but I am not sure if people are that disciplined & coordinated.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I thought that too, but I am not sure if people are that disciplined & coordinated.

Nits??? No way in hell, like trying to herd cats.
But I wouldn't put it past certain multi wing squads. :noid

Bronk
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:53:32 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4