Author Topic: PERK prowlers  (Read 2172 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
PERK prowlers
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »
Rooks made an attempt to reset MA Blue yesterday.  As things progressed more rooks joined and obviously the ENY kicked in.  It seems MA Orange wasn't so fun so hence many rooks opting to play in Blue.  For at least 6 hours ENY was in force reaching over 25 at the peak of the rook roll.  ENY cap remained between 10 to 18 for at least 4 hours and between 2 and 10 for the other 2 hours.

Rooks got to within 2 bases of reset when the "Tower prowling" started.  I'll grant the fact that some if not many of the prowlers did contribute the initial "push" but just leaving their virtual pilot on line for 75 perkies WAS counter productive.  It was a shot in the virtual foot.

We all go AFK at some point.  Usually our human needs or a quick chore, kids/wife/ ourselves need something, cigs, milk, bread, the occasional drunk asleep at the keys and many other reasons but yesterdays encounter with AFK'ers was purely  PERK prowlers. I'm also sure this happens in the other teams at times of near reset.

Rooks had 130 players when I left for bed 3AM UK time  (11PM east).  We were losing fields hand over fist by now and still under ENY restrictions.  Of the 130 Rook players 86 were in the air or active.  The Knights for example had 91 players with 71 active or in air.  You can see the difference from these figures which doesn't include Bish in it's equation.  

I did a quick flit from tower to tower to see what was going on and found the odd one or two inactive in towers dotted around the map amounting to 7 players.  Then I found the mother load.  In one tower alone I found 17 guys AFK.  I didn't check every tower.  That's a minimum of 24 PERK prowlers    :rolleyes:

Would it be unreasonable to request guys that are going to go AFK for more than a hour to log off.  Would it be unjust to say if your done for the day your done....LOG OFF

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury...what say ye?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:09:52 AM by LYNX »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »
I say "Cry me a river.".
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
PERK prowlers
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
Yep, I agree. Maybe auto kick off would be good...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:18:54 AM by mipoikel »
I am a spy!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 06:28:20 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
I say "Cry me a river.".
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Bronk

Allow me to remind you of what I also said........

I'm also sure this happens in the other teams at times of near reset.

Perhaps, and I'm sure they'll be pleased when you grace your team with that rendition next time perk prowling occurs over there.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:40:38 AM by LYNX »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 06:36:41 AM »
Dont hoard for the reset and you dont have that problem.

Deserved everything they got.
Or in this case. Didnt get

Im finding myself spending less and less time in any of the arenas and playing at all cause most of the time all I ever see is one side hoarding another.

I dont mind landgrabbers. OR landgrabbing.
For me the fight to capture or keep a base provides some of the best all around fighting there is.

But it is irritating when all you see is big blobs of aircraft from all sides all headed to where opponents arent

Even more irritating is when all you see large hoards overwhelming one country or the other. Even if its my side doing the hoarding.
It gets old real fast
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:38:14 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Allow me to remind you of what I also said........

I'm also sure this happens in the other teams at times of near reset.

Perhaps you could err sing that tune to your team when perk prowling occurs over there.

1.  I fly mostly Knight, so that would be a rare.
2.  I am indifferent to a map reset.
3.  It takes some high eny to get me out of a yak, or a 38g.

So once again "Cry me a river.".

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: PERK prowlers
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 07:30:31 AM »

Rooks got to within 2 bases of reset when the "Tower prowling" started.  I'll grant the fact that some if not many of the prowlers did contribute the initial "push" but just leaving their virtual pilot on line for 75 perkies WAS counter productive.  It was a shot in the virtual foot.

The really funny thing is: You don't even need to be online at the very moment the arena resets to get those perkies.  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: PERK prowlers
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:39:33 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
The really funny thing is: You don't even need to be online at the very moment the arena resets to get those perkies.  :D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dang it.
You trying to stop the ENY whine threads.:furious :furious :furious
Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
PERK prowlers
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 07:51:18 AM »
Pointing out facts stops nothing. You should know that from the collision threads ;)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 07:54:57 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Pointing out facts stops nothing. You should know that from the collision threads ;)

Ahh you are correct sir. Carry on.
:D
Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 08:09:37 AM »
I have to agree 100% with LYNX.  This happens to all sides.  Happened to Bish yesterday.  Bish and Nit "in flight" numbers were even, but Bish had a lopsided number logged on.  Some sort of auto-logout is in order.

If you need the perks that bad, just up a higher ENY plane.  Yea, you will have to work for the points, but at least you will earn them and not hurt your side in the process.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PERK prowlers
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 08:15:46 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
PERK prowlers
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 08:18:37 AM »
See? :D

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Re: PERK prowlers
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 08:34:38 AM »

Rooks had 130 players when I left for bed 3AM UK time  (11PM east).  We were losing fields hand over fist by now and still under ENY restrictions.  Of the 130 Rook players 86 were in the air or active.  The Knights for example had 91 players with 71 active or in air.  You can see the difference from these figures which doesn't include Bish in it's equation.  

ladies and Gentlemen of the jury...what say ye? [/B]

I have always said an easy fix with eny is that it should only count those players actively playing, tower guys should not be added in to eny figures.

But i can also say, that since flying as a knit, we don't have to deal with eny very often, so thats the other solution.

If ya hate eny----Fly knit------taking applications for immigration at HQ.:aok
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com