Author Topic: Voting Booth - This Week's Topic  (Read 335 times)

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
Voting Booth - This Week's Topic
« on: May 15, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »
I have decided to change my voting booth every week to allow for new topics to be voted on.

This week's topic:  Should the F4U-1C be removed from Aces High?

The booth is located at:
 http://www.freevote.com/booth/ah

The voting process is the same as last week, which was that registered voters can vote once a week.  Registering is free and simple, and can be done using the link towards the top of the booth.

If you have any topics you'd like me to use in the future on my poll page, email them to:  markvz@i-star.com

Thanks to all who voted last week, the results are posted in this forum.

------------------
Mark VanZwoll
33rd Strike Group

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Voting Booth - This Week's Topic
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
I cast my vote to keep it, but I think the option of 'keep it but tone down the guns' is the worst of all possible ideas.  Arbitrarily toning down the guns for play balance is a bad direction to go IMHO.  I'm all for giving the Hispanos a thorough rectal exam to ensure that the rounds aren't too fast or to heavy or whatever, but just 'tone em down' is not right.  I believe in the other thread someone even suggested reducing the ammo loadout.  Talk about a step in the wrong direction.

The idea is to make this sim as realistic as can resonably be expected.  Since the HogC saw almost no action in WWII, yet it clobbers a large chunk of the arena every night in AH, it already has a problem by its very existence in the game.  Now that it's here we have to figure out how to make it fit in.  The best way would be to have historical arenas, so the HogC would be almost never seen, but that ain't gonna happen soon.  

The next best way, IMHO, is to verify that the Hispanos are not porked.  Then, we just live with the HogC, just like we'll have to live with the Me-262 and whatever other uber planes come along.

It could be worse, we could be flying some other sim.    

ra