Author Topic: CH Fighterstick?  (Read 621 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »
Does the CH Fighterstick twist?  I'm about to order the throttle pro & the stick @ NewEgg.com.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
it does not twist. get pedals instead of the throttle  :)

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »
I would get all three HOSTA set up. You wont be disappointed with CH. You will only need your key board to type there are plenty of hats. Enjoy your new set up what ever way you go.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:13:42 PM »
So, w/o the pedals; How do you use the rudder?  

Set the rudders to a hat switch?

I spent enough change on the stick & throttle.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 07:28:07 PM »
if you only can afford two pieces, get the pedals and the stick. The stick dose have a "throttle wheel", which is the main purpose of the throttle  :) Everything else on the throttle is just extra bells and whistles.... great bells and whistles, but bells and whistles. But rudder pedals are a must, or at least some sort of rudder control.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
The order has already been made for tha stick & throttle.

I'm used to the throttle & Stick being seprate, I have a Saitek X52 at the moment.

I'll get the pedals in a few weeks.

thx for the info/replies fellas <>

If there is any more tid bits of knowledge you guys wish to hand down to me about the CH products would be greatly apperciated.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »
i use an X52 throttle, ch fighterstick, ch pro pedals. i also have a ch throttle quadrant and flight yoke that collect dust.

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:47:21 AM »
You can program the ministick on the throttle (left and right) as a rudder.  It works pretty well.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 12:30:24 PM »
W0000000000000000000000000000 00000000TY!!!

I just got my CH Fighterstick & Throttle Pro :D

I love it.  

Pretty plain compared to the styling of my Saitek X52;  But I'm not having any of the problems I did w/ the Saitek compatibility w/ my computer.

Side note about my problems w/ the Saitek:

My Saitek would not calibrate on my new computer in game but it would act correctly when used on another computer.  I talked to all the AH Trainers, AH, Saitek, & other comp. geeks & nothing helped.  Saitek X52 is a great stick but I was to frustrated w/ rudders freaking out & throttle not calibrated (from 0 -> Full in a centimeter)

<>

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 12:37:01 PM »
Glad to see you like CH. Save your pennies for the pedals will make a big difference in your flying.:aok
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »
Well do bro <> :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 01:12:14 PM »
as a side note, if you can find an old set CH pedels, not the newer "pro", on Ebay os as a refurb, they work great with a analog to USB adapter. Save you afew bucks.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
Thanks Fugitive for the tip.  I’ll make sure to check that out.  <>

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
Rat,
  like you - was having trouble with L'Tech - went to CH with stick and throttle 1st - got pedals later. The mini-joystick on throttle works OK for rudder - you only need 1 axis - I used the vertical. Unusual getting used to working rudder with left thumb - took a couple days to get the hang of it. Going to pedals has taken a couple months - I still get confused.
  Regarding the Saitek spiking - I started having some problems with the CH gear - slow to no response - following the advice on one of the forums here, I purchased a powered USB expander. Since than, the CH stuff has been as smooth as a baby's bottom - even better than when plugged direct to the PC. Made by Belnap I believe, best $35 I've ever spent.

Regards,
Optiker

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
CH Fighterstick?
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 02:24:17 PM »
Yeah, I bought a USB Hub by Belkin a couple months ago, thinking that would help my Saitek, but it did not.  

I only had enough time last night to set the buttons on the CH stick & throttle, WAAAAAYY more buttons then the Saitek X52 :lol  I started to run out of what I wanted! lmao

I was surprised to have a throttle that ‘slides’ rather then ‘roll’ like the X52, thats fur-sure.  

I set the rudder to the min-joystick although I never got to fly around w/ the new CH gear last night (I was making the Axis map for FSO until 1:00 am).

<>