Author Topic: Requiem  (Read 319 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Requiem
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:41:47 AM »
Requiem

Yes i'm sure many of you have watched this hundreds of times (I know I have) but in the off chance some of our new players have not had the opportunity to watch this gem I will post a youtube link.  (tho' downloaded higher quality version w/ the speakers blasting is a better way to go)

This film was created w/ IL2 as opposed to AcesHigh, and is the standard to which all over films of this type should judged against.

It's just flat out the best out there (still... and it's years old)

Even after the 100th time watching it I wanna jump in a FW190 and fly.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline DoLbY

• Copper Member
Requiem
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
This is first time I've seen it. I agree that its definetly an very good video. Too bad we couldn't have snow maps (I know most PC wouldn't be able to handle it) but five :aok  out of 5

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Requiem
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
Been in my sig for a long time now.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Requiem
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »
That was very nice. Set to that music even the crashing seemed graceful.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Requiem
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Been in my sig for a long time now.

actually, I THINK it's you sig. that made me post this.

I was clicking to open a new tab in my Firefox so I could check my email (i'm too lazy to actually move the mouse all the way to the Firefox link) and it just happened to be your sig.  Some post in O'Club.

I've always loved that film (had it for years) and as I sat and watched it I was so moved (almost always bring a tear) that I wanted to make sure that the new players in AcesHigh had the opportunity to watch this gem.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Requiem
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:25 PM »
I think that was a good idea.  It is indeed a classic.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Requiem
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 02:47:05 PM »
I've seen that video many times, it's beautiful, and the music makes it that much better.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Requiem
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
A better camera view system would aid making movies in AH  a lot.  Even a simple fly-by would be a nice addition/
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either