Author Topic: Grass Field  (Read 848 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Grass Field
« on: July 15, 2007, 12:37:04 AM »
While nosing around in the Terrain Editor I ran across something interesting. Check out object gafld0:

A GRASS AIRFIELD! You can't see it from this elevation, but there's even trees lining it on either side!

Can this be used on an MA map? I mean, it IS already in the TE as a SHP file, and the rule is MA maps can't introduce NEW shapes or rearrange the layout of EXISTING ones.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 12:45:37 AM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Grass Field
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:32:42 AM »
now thats the big question?

This field has some thiing to do with the combat tour terrain but as its in the TE i dont see why we should't be able to use it,the same question could be asked of the large cities in combat tour can we put them in to a main arena map?

i would like to see some grass fields especialy  tome of the remoter ones farther from the main land along the front line and on loan islands or near vh bases
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Grass Field
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 05:30:08 AM »
I've avoided using anything from CT. Especially if it's prefaced with CT.

Skuzzy needs to chime in on this one.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Grass Field
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:31 AM »
I hope we can use it, because this would be PERFECT for ComSoPac's tiny islands.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Grass Field
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »
Skuzzy, can we get some input on this grass field object?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Grass Field
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 04:19:22 PM »
That grass field has been in the TE since AH2 came out. It only recently got rid of the crappy trees from AH2's original release.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Grass Field
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »
It used to be part of the field itself. You had 2 "small airfields" and one was normal (paved) and the other was dirt (grass). Been that way for a while, just not used. I'm guessing (wildly) that it's not allowed because nobody has used it to date and it's been there for many years.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Grass Field
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 04:41:37 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
It used to be part of the field itself. You had 2 "small airfields" and one was normal (paved) and the other was dirt (grass). Been that way for a while, just not used. I'm guessing (wildly) that it's not allowed because nobody has used it to date and it's been there for many years.

Actually that is incorrect, it has always been a small field of its own, not visible in the TE due to the shpfltr.txt file

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Grass Field
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 06:01:15 PM »
Which, apparently, has been removed as it's now available in the TE.

Considering how often these types of airfields have been requested on the Wishlist board, has HTC decided to allow its use MA terrains under 2.1x?

*Anxiously awaits Skuzzy's verdict*

Offline T99LMG

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Grass Field
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »
*And Fails*

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Grass Field
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 07:00:00 AM »
only thing with this filed is that it doesnt act like a normal small field,you need to put in all your ouw spawn points for the aircraft as well as the ground vechels

but id still like it put in the main arena with maybe a limit on the aircraft it can support.perhaps just fighters or fighter bombers and small bombers
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Grass Field
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 07:02:17 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
only thing with this filed is that it doesnt act like a normal small field,you need to put in all your ouw spawn points for the aircraft as well as the ground vechels

but id still like it put in the main arena with maybe a limit on the aircraft it can support.perhaps just fighters or fighter bombers and small bombers
Note the absence of bomber hangars on that field.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.