Author Topic: How many here are "long-timers".  (Read 22253 times)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
How many here are "long-timers".
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »
I had a WarBirds bill top $250 one month, you're welcome Dale!

Offline TARGUT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2008, 01:59:46 AM »
AW since dec 98 here since Tour 19

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2008, 09:36:42 AM »
I have been here since December 2001.  Was previously with Air Warriors.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »
Started playing AW in 96 on AOL for free. Was a member of the Vulching Clowns, We achieved a #1 fighter ranking. Probably the best and funniest squad I ever flew with.
Then flew with the Amigos (and that was a horrible mistake), and later with (won't mention name) The dumbest squad ever created under virtual skies. They split, one went to WWII online and the other went to AH. Then flew with (Won't mention name) the second dumbest squad ever created under virtual skies. (Doesn't speak well of me does it LOL) Then flew with the Air Mafia, a pretty decent squad. They still have Rusty007 and you have to like that guy. Then flew with what use to be one of greatest squads (Won't mention name), but there goals and my goals changed. Now I'm with the Rolling Thunder and I think we are on the same page. You have to think well of Falcon and Dadsguns and Allen and many more.

So yeah, I've been around. I still remember Bama, probably the best ever fighter in AW. Every now and then I will see Bowhunt up and I think that is Bama. My favorite wingy will always be RP626. We really use to go at it when he was on the wrong side. hehehe
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:34:44 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2008, 11:29:46 PM »
Originally posted by splitatom
wow i was born in 92

lol - this was a diet pepsi snort out the nose laff for me

Reminded me immediately of me and a couple people at work one day talking about the 1967 snowstorm in Chicago as kids - jumping off roofs into snow piles and buses buried to the roof in snow - saw a blank look on a secretaries face and said whats up - she said - i was born in 1974 - the look on everyones face that was talking was classic - the oh my god - i'm an old fart look was priceless - i'm sure mine was the same - i still laff about it

AW aol - hourly rate couple months - then aol free - then gamestorm until end - then here.

Not saying how many years
Just a lot of wife ack - and her constant comment - i guess you could be sitting in a bar instead :)

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »
Been here since tour 50 but took some time off
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Hyflyer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #306 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:09 PM »
Started in Air Warrior when it was 2D AOL for free, Then we went to Game Storm after AOL started charging $1.99 an hour to fly. I flew the Pacific Arena Relaxed Realizm then joined the 81st Krewsadez as an Az in the European Arena RR, We killed the Bz's all the time! :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:08:05 PM by Hyflyer »

Offline Packrat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #307 on: January 21, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »
Started here Beta,love it, enjoy the chatter but dont have much time to fly:(

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2008, 04:22:42 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert
I had a WarBirds bill top $250 one month, you're welcome Dale!

add another "0" to that and it would match a few Genie/AW bills
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Not long-timer at Aces High ... but been simming a long time!
« Reply #309 on: January 25, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
In 1984, I bought my first PC - the Commodore 64 - because Sublogic had just released a version of Microsoft Flight Simulator for it.  Up to that point, I'd been limited to playing a Star-Trek port on a local University's mainframe - when I could wrangle a friend who worked in the data center out of some computer time!

I played various offline sims on and off for about a decade, but eventually tired of civilian flight simulators. In 1997 I bought a new computer, and the "Flying Corps" air combat game, but the new system also came with a copy of Interactive Magic's "WarBirds" on one of the demo disks.  I played that offline for about a thousand hours (not exaggerating, or if so, at least not too much) over the next 2 years, and then signed up for online play finally in late 1999 or early 2000, after joining a WarBirds-based squadron.  I flew WB's for a number of years and thousands of dollars, became active in a Corsair oriented squadron and as one of the original Beta-testers of WarBirds III, but grew disillusioned watching my fellow squadmates growing frustrated with the Jay Littman/Hotseat era of development (and all that that implies) and after the last of my squad stopped flying in WarBirds, I switched to WWIIOL.  

I flew there for about a year, and then spent most of another year waiting for some fix for some (any!) of the shortcomings of that environment from an air to air perspective, and finally "gave up" and signed up for Aces High at the end of 2006.

P.S. Old timer and senile to boot - I already posted once and forgot!  

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:04:18 PM by Ghastly »
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline 200rabit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »
I started in 2000 with the flight simulator 98 and since then got many more.
Ive been with Aces High 2 for about a year and a half so..... ya.......:noid :noid

I might swich over to wwiionline all of my buddies are over their and i might as well. :aok

Offline Elitesrule

• Zinc Member
Good Evening All...
« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »
Hey everybody. This is my 1st post. I was watching the Military channel tonight and saw the Aces High commercial and saw wow, that looks like Air Warrior. So I checked out the website which led me here and then to this specific thread. How apropos it is that this is a post on Aces high’s forum. I started Playing AW in 95 on AOL then went to Gamestorm & EA where it died. I played until 2000/2001 I guess. I didn’t know there was still an active community going. I haven’t played in forever. I recognize some of the names especially the BK’s. Are the Nomads still around? Man, it is great to see that communities like this are still around! How is Aces High as a game?? :aok

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #312 on: January 26, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »
im on my 4th year :D

o, and, AH-2 IS THE BEST ONLINE Flight SIM THERE IS!

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Elitesrule

• Zinc Member
« Reply #313 on: January 26, 2008, 10:58:03 PM »
Ok, I just realized there were 13 pages of posts...so I went back and checked out all the posters. These are the ones I remember. Sorry for the length of this post. so much time has passed and I have a lot of catching up to do it appears.

Icer
Leviathn
Ouch (but wasnt there an ! on there?)
Recon7
rickt
Murdr
Zazen
Guppy35 (didnt you fly 35k spits?)
sax
hajo
Freez
Grits (NASTY 38 SKILLS)
Hadez (Are you still in San Diego?)
Frdo
Firbal
Hammer (I remember the GHOSTS)
Oldmn / Oldman (Damn we had some good fights!)
Buzzrd
JG26 (then all the JG groups)
Fubar
PK1
JAG44 (and most of the others)
Brooke (loved your chats! we actually chatted on the phone for an hour once about ACM's and the best books & I still have Robert Shaws book)
Balzy/Balsy?
Gunns (also Gunnz?)
Snail
Corrs
BADR

My handle was Sexy (long story) and I was a --(/\)IDOW(\/)AKER-- with Odbal, Rnmain and tons others.

I also still have my old CH Pro throttle & pedals but they are analog lol will they still work?

Raven3353, how did you get those old scores??

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: January 27, 2008, 02:02:35 AM »
Elitesrule, the game itself is far advanced from what you remember.  It's Xtreme FR, vastly improved graphics, flight models, etc.

You analog stuff will still work as long as it works with your computer.

Come join us but expect to have to re-learn a few things.

BTW, you might also want to check out this thread (Are there any old Air Warriors out there?)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:17:27 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.