Author Topic: Current TT is bad.  (Read 912 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 05:00:01 PM »
I do agree and I hate to say I was one of the guys that complained when there was "NO" cover..

When the new update came out, something had to be done..

Hell this was a vid I made.. like 2 mins and died like 6 or 7 times from spawn campers. Wasn't even guys from behind, it was guys shooting me from their spawn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hepGDY-u1VA

So it's clear to me something had to be done IMO because the chess piece that got the south TT base was screwed everytime.

Now I'll say I like the "looks" of the new landscapes but they don't provide anything close to the same cover as what we had before the game update.

Sure there is so much cover @ TT that you can't even see a tank 50 ft in front of you, however there is no where at all the hide from planes. I will admit I really liked the looks of the new TT when they first added all those hedges and trees.

However it pretty much killed the town it's self.. There is pretty much no fighting inside the town at this point. It's all done on the out skirts and has taken away from the game play.

It's hard to say what could be done, to help out TT.. I like the hedges and the trees, but maybe it would be better to leave it like it is now around the spawns. Then open up the terriean around the town like it used to be.

That way, you still have lots of spawn cover, but it would bring back the mad dash to get into the town. I think doing that would bring the actual fight back to the town as being the center of the action. Which would put the fun back into TT.
"strafing"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 05:00:14 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I doubt spamming is the way for us to go...

I'm just saying that if we want them to change it we need to let them know just how many of us want it to change, just send a simple email asking to please fix TT by removing all the hedge rows, because apparently  before I sent them an email about it last week they didn't know that there was a problem with the current TT.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:02:25 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 07:08:07 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
Everyone who feels this way that we need the old TT back, but keep the 3 spawns send an email to Roy at HTC about it, if they get enough emails about it then they might move faster to put it back, like I said in my previous post, I sent an email to Roy and he said he'd let Waffle know about it, but if they get more emails about it from other people maybe they'll move faster on putting it back.  Heres his email.  

support@hitechcreations.com

Lol if you think annoying/spamming the crap out of HTC is going to help get TT back you completely wrong, they are most likely going to ignore you rather then listen to you.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 06:30:04 AM »
how many days till school starts again???:huh

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Lol if you think annoying/spamming the crap out of HTC is going to help get TT back you completely wrong, they are most likely going to ignore you rather then listen to you.

I'm sorry but I think your the one thats completely wrong, why would you think that HTC wouldn't want to hear feedback about how to improve the game?  I know if I had a business I would want my costumers to let me know if there was something I could do to improve my product.  Like I said when I sent Roy an email about this last week it sounded like he had no idea there was any problem with TT, so if we want something new or a change to something in the game how are they gonna know about it if we don't tell them.  What makes you think that if HTC receives some emails from people asking them to change TT that their just gonna be like "Look at all these emails were getting about people wanting us to change TT, well we'll show them for trying to ask us to change something in the game, now were never gonna change it"  you know how ridiculous that sounds?  I think HTC would encourage it's costumers to let them know about ways to improve the game play.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »
I'm sorry but I think your the one thats completely wrong, why would you think that HTC wouldn't want to hear feedback about how to improve the game?  I know if I had a business I would want my costumers to let me know if there was something I could do to improve my product.  Like I said when I sent Roy an email about this last week it sounded like he had no idea there was any problem with TT, so if we want something new or a change to something in the game how are they gonna know about it if we don't tell them.  What makes you think that if HTC receives some emails from people asking them to change TT that their just gonna be like "Look at all these emails were getting about people wanting us to change TT, well we'll show them for trying to ask us to change something in the game, now were never gonna change it"  you know how ridiculous that sounds?  I think HTC would encourage it's costumers to let them know about ways to improve the game play.

They have heard your feedback. Roy even responded to your email saying he would let waffle know about it. So now the problem has already been addressed at HTC. Any further emails would be pointless and repetitive. HTC probably gets hundreds of emails a day, and getting more repetitive emails about something that they have already addressed isn't gonna make them go any faster.

This issue has been adressed by Roy and Waffles been notified. Sending more Emails would be pointless. Best thing to do know is let HTC handle it. Most likly I think they have bigger things on their plate to worry about then TT.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
Old TT was funkilled :cry  
By a couple of us.  :t
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 11:38:40 AM »
They have heard your feedback. Roy even responded to your email saying he would let waffle know about it. So now the problem has already been addressed at HTC. Any further emails would be pointless and repetitive. HTC probably gets hundreds of emails a day, and getting more repetitive emails about something that they have already addressed isn't gonna make them go any faster.

This issue has been adressed by Roy and Waffles been notified. Sending more Emails would be pointless. Best thing to do know is let HTC handle it. Most likly I think they have bigger things on their plate to worry about then TT.

Even with him saying they will look into it is no guarantee that anything would be done about it, Waffle may feel that it doesn't need to be change just because 1 person sent an email in about changing it.  Like I said if we don't let them know just how many of us don't like it they might not change it, also like I said when Roy responded to my email it sounded like they had no idea about anything being wrong or people not liking the new TT.  If they get emails from a few more people about it they may realize that it really does need to change.  I don't think HTC would get upset or mad if they get emails from people giving them feedback on the game, like I said, I know if I had a company I would appreciate any feedback my costumers would give me on ways to improve my product, not get upset that my costumers are letting me know about something that can be done to improve my product.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »
Even with him saying they will look into it is no guarantee that anything would be done about it, Waffle may feel that it doesn't need to be change just because 1 person sent an email in about changing it.  Like I said if we don't let them know just how many of us don't like it they might not change it, also like I said when Roy responded to my email it sounded like they had no idea about anything being wrong or people not liking the new TT.  If they get emails from a few more people about it they may realize that it really does need to change.  I don't think HTC would get upset or mad if they get emails from people giving them feedback on the game, like I said, I know if I had a company I would appreciate any feedback my costumers would give me on ways to improve my product, not get upset that my costumers are letting me know about something that can be done to improve my product.

They read these boards. They see all these whine threads about TT. They know some people don't like it. Until they feel that the vast majority don't like it, it don't be changed.

Lets say you ran a company. You had hundreds of emails coming in a day, would you want 50 emails that you have to read being of the same thing? When there are much more important things going on for a 8 person staff to get done like CT B25 Map problems AI aircraft etc? I don't think that cause a handful of guys on the boards don't like TT there going to drop what there doing and work on it.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 12:07:17 PM »

You also have to understand that this is HTC business. If they decide it better the way it is, it will stay that way no matter how many emails people send.

Me, I never go to TT. Why? I didn't like being killed by spawn campers. So from my point of view the changes that have been made are for the good. If HTC is looking to get more people to play in TT, giving you a chance to spawn and move out to "hunt" for the enemy might be the way they want to go.  Much like the "hordes" they had in the old single arena set-up, vulching was rampant, and attacking the horde from on high was suicide at best.  Now the fights are back, missions are coming back, and instead of brut strenght in number they rely more on stratigy, again, an inprovement.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 12:08:25 PM »
They read these boards. They see all these whine threads about TT. They know some people don't like it. Until they feel that the vast majority don't like it, it don't be changed.

Lets say you ran a company. You had hundreds of emails coming in a day, would you want 50 emails that you have to read being of the same thing? When there are much more important things going on for a 8 person staff to get done like CT B25 Map problems AI aircraft etc? I don't think that cause a handful of guys on the boards don't like TT there going to drop what there doing and work on it.

You are right that they do have more important things to get done like CT, but I also don't think they they will get mad about some people emailing them to let them know about something they can do to make the game play more fun.  Like I said, when I sent my first email the way Roy responded sounded like they had no plans for changing TT.  I don't expect hundreds of people to email them about it, but if a hand full of us do it couldn't hurt.  If they would get mad about there costumers sending them emails about how to improve their product then their running their company wrong.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
You also have to understand that this is HTC business. If they decide it better the way it is, it will stay that way no matter how many emails people send.

Me, I never go to TT. Why? I didn't like being killed by spawn campers. So from my point of view the changes that have been made are for the good. If HTC is looking to get more people to play in TT, giving you a chance to spawn and move out to "hunt" for the enemy might be the way they want to go.  Much like the "hordes" they had in the old single arena set-up, vulching was rampant, and attacking the horde from on high was suicide at best.  Now the fights are back, missions are coming back, and instead of brut strenght in number they rely more on stratigy, again, an inprovement.

Those of us that want TT changed agree with the new 3 spawn sites, but theres just too many hedge rows, you cant see the enemy until your right on-top of him, or you have to got all the way to the back and get up on a hill.  The old TT was fun because you'd have 30-40 guys in gv's just going at it and having fun, now TT is a ghost town, no one goes there because it's to hard to find the enemy.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
What I think is funny:

OLD WHINE:     BLEARRGGGHHH!!! Tank town is bleeding 'orrible.  There are people spawn camping, hiding in windmills, under bridges.  HTC I DEMAND YOU FIX IT OR I WILL QUIT AND MAKE EVERYONE ELSE QUIT AND YOU WILL DIE LONELY AND BROKE.

NEW WHINE:     No one plays in tank town anymore.  I wonder why?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 12:35:18 PM »
And all this time I thought it was a place to play Table Tennis.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 12:40:10 PM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK
And all this time I thought it was a place to play Table Tennis.
:rofl