Author Topic: Current TT is bad.  (Read 911 times)

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Current TT is bad.
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:42:48 PM »
It just is.  Maybe 3 people on right now at TT.  Its unpopulated, no fun, too many hedges.  I enjoyed being spawn camped, jsut to kill the guy's Tiger with my jeep.  I say we perk sherman, restore the tiger to its self (It's too weak to be the one in old TT...) and get back the last, fun TT.  Remember M-8 charges?  Kills in jeep?  Landing kills?  Huge, 50 opponent each side battles?  Don't you remember all the fun?  Simple request, bash away.

-WMD

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »
the old tank town was the best :D !

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:57:55 PM »
i used to love spawning and shooting from there. never even firing up the engine. i used to be good for 3 or for kills before someone got me.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Hail the former TT
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »
I have to agree....the old free for all was fun....

I know some wienies got cranked because they were "spawn camped".   Heck, the entire thing is a spawn camp.   Spawn, fire, kill, kill, kill, die...  

Some notables were patient enough to drive ALL THE WAY AROUND and spawn camp from behind.  Kudos to them.  It was fun to hunt and kill them.

TT is for spawn camping, killing, and dying....   The new TT is more about GV strategies and is probably giving Rommel a woody, but the excitement is gone like it was.

That said, I still get in there and enjoy it, just not like the free for all days.  Why can't we have both - just another rotation???

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »
Old TT was funkilled :cry

I still think we need a standalone server that runs the last version of AH1
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »
I just emailed Roy at HTC about this last week, in the first email I asked if they had any plans to return TT to it's old glory, he responded by saying "no, it was changed to prevent spawn campers", so I sent him another email saying that I agree with the 3 spawn idea but there are way to many hedge rows, that you can't see the enemy unless you get up on a hill, and that no one goes to it anymore, and no one even cares if one country captures the whole island, which use to be frowned upon because it ruined the GV'ers fun.  Roy responded by saying "Fair enough, I'll let Waffle know about this and look into it".  So there is some hope of having fun in TT again. :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Yeha
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:26:21 PM »
Well, I hope they consider rotating the old TT into the lineup.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »
Crap that gay TT map is back up already? Didn't we have it for like a month a week ago?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Crap that gay TT map is back up already? Didn't we have it for like a month a week ago?

Out of the current maps they use in rotation I think it's the best one, ethier that or the Baltic one.  I do think they need to come up with new maps because it can get old flying the same maps over & over.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »
Bring back donut :D

Offline gpa3

• Zinc Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 09:18:55 PM »
I just want to hide in Windmills again.... oh those were the days.

But seriously, why not have similar maps in rotation. One with lots of cover (as-is) and one with not so much cover, where u have to actually hide in the town like the good old days. Keep the three spawns pushed back, etc.

A person who makes maps could easily change the center of the current TT map in abt 10 minutes.

The 'golf course' TT map (the one right after the dark green update that most hated) was not too bad if not for the hiding in windmills bug and the single spawns with no cover.

This would be an easy change and would give HQ another much-needed map for their rotation.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 09:26:56 PM »
Originally posted by gpa3
A person who makes maps could easily change the center of the current TT map in abt 10 minutes.

Check my first post on this thread, the guy who makes the maps for HTC has been told about the issue of TT and is gonna look into bringing it back to it's old glory:)

Offline ASP4422

• Zinc Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »
GOD - I hope HTC does listen to our suggestions about TT.  I forget who said it, but TT is a ghost town.  The current layout is just not appealing to most.  I remember the good old days of being camped at the spawn (I always found it to be a fun challenge), then returning the favor.  Of course enough dweebs/noobs/crybabies etc.. had to go and kill all the fun.  I say keep the 3 spawn points per base, remove some of those damn bushes, and possibly return to the same layout just before our current situation.  Anyway just my 2 cents.   to everyone I encounter in a GV, always a good time - even if I get killed!  :aok

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »
Everyone who feels this way that we need the old TT back, but keep the 3 spawns send an email to Roy at HTC about it, if they get enough emails about it then they might move faster to put it back, like I said in my previous post, I sent an email to Roy and he said he'd let Waffle know about it, but if they get more emails about it from other people maybe they'll move faster on putting it back.  Heres his email.  

support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Current TT is bad.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »
I doubt spamming is the way for us to go...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman