Author Topic: Home Field, Screenshot Art  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Home Field, Screenshot Art
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 07:36:46 PM »
Major Biggles, you and I are alike. The quality of the work is never good enough for profit, and we always enjoy doing it as favors because it's fun for us.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 11:56:30 PM »
I made one. Not as good of course:aok
[/IMG]
It's my first one so tell me if there needs to be something done to make it look better:cool:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:14:32 AM by Jack16 »

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »
I like your P47 one Biggles:cool:

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 12:17:01 AM »
Originally posted by Jack16
I made one. Not as good of course:aok
[/IMG]
It's my first one so tell me if there needs to be something done to make it look better:cool:

lol. You need to make the Kates stick out more, maybe get a better pic of the Mo. (I can see my house in that pic! sorta...)

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 12:27:57 AM »
lol

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »
jack, for a first try, that's really good, well done!!!

i don't know how good your pc is, but you might want to turn up your texture size in AH, and also turn anti-aliasing on, if your PC is powerful enough. it will make the plane graphics much nicer.

as for your actual shot, one problem is that the background is very vivid. if you turned down the contrast and turned upa  the brightness a bit, it may help the kates blend in a bit better.

my first pic was very sucky, and it didn't blend well either, you'll learn :) it comes quickly. check out screenshotart.com, specifically the composites forum. they used to have great tutorials but they're down atm. they should be back up soon. take a lookaround that site, see if you can pick yp some hints ;)

wtg, it's a great first try! also, next time, try to take your pics in the film viewer, it allows you to get nicer camera angles :) press altR ingame instead of altS and it will record a film, then go to your aces high 2 folder, enter the films folder and watch the most recent one. open it up in fullscreen mode, get it to the angle you like, and press printscreen to transfer it into your image editor :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »
I did use film viewer:p  and thanks for the site, ill check it out

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 01:27:43 PM »
Alright, the setting for anti-alliasing is.... where?

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
Alright, the setting for anti-alliasing is.... where?

you know how you change resolution/screensaver etc. by right clicking the background? i think it's in the advanced options there. i've got quite a high end vid card, with it's own driver setup and control centre stuff, so i can't be sure about other PC's, but i think i remember it being in the advanced options under the screen setup stuff

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 03:10:09 PM »
Okay, so its a computer setting and not a game setting. Thanks!

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »
Awsome picture biggles :O
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 04:50:12 PM »
Here's another attempt I just made:cool: [/IMG]
How's this one?

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »
not bad jack, but in future, i wouldn't advise using the lens flare, it just adds clutter. also, what image editing program are you using? when i first started i was using free stuff without a proper extraction tool, and it gave me nasty edges like yours (they're not straight, and all jagged)

once i got photoshop (even a cheap old version), it was much easier, faster and better looking. what are you doing atm? just erasing around the edges? if so ouch, i remember taking hours doing that too :D

the pen tool in photoshop is such a godsend :eek:

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 05:28:38 PM »
I'm using Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006 Editor. I also
have Gimp (where i got the flare from). And yes, I am erasing around the edges, but it doesn't take me hours.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 05:31:05 PM »
Originally posted by Jack16
I'm using Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006 Editor. I also
have Gimp (where i got the flare from). And yes, I am erasing around the edges, but it doesn't take me hours.

yeah, the problem with paint is that it can't do layers, and it's eraser is a block, it's not soft.

try a google search for serif photoplus 6, it's free and far better than paint, and easier to use than gimp, which is nasty.

atleast that will help you, because it can handle layers, and won't give you nasty jaggies when erasing. good luck! you're learning quick :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC