Author Topic: Need help  (Read 992 times)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Need help
« on: July 18, 2007, 02:59:15 PM »
I cant freakin' shoot anyone down!  

Drex

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Need help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:09:22 PM »
Drex, you back flying?

Lol, next week the threads will be:  Help!  Some guy named Drex keeps shooting me down.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Need help
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »
Originally posted by Drex

Drex

When was the last time you flew? Was it AH1 days?

Because if it was, I have a rude awakening for ya :P

(I was gonna wait until you responded, but I'll finish it here)

AH1 "hit bubble" days are gone. You used to be able to hit consistently at 1k range, and even snipe at 1.2 with hispanos, but now you actually have to hit the plane and not the bubble. gunnery ranges are MAX 600 (800 if you're just freaking blind lucky!), 400 pushes it, and 200-300 is more realistic to expect hits.

Closer is better, naturally, but the way gunnery is handled has changed for the better since AH1 went away and AH2 came online.

If you knew that already, then ... er... well... maybe you're just rusty? :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 03:17:33 PM by Krusty »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Need help
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:54:05 PM »
Originally posted by Drex

Drex

Welcome back Drex!

This Thursday evening, 9 PM Eastern, we are having our bi-weekly 3v1 training in the TA. There's usually 6 to 12 players involved, all MA regulars and Trainers. It's a good time and place to knock off the rust and get your shooting eye honed.

We meet at field A100, vox is 104.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Re: Need help
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
When was the last time you flew? Was it AH1 days?

Because if it was, I have a rude awakening for ya :P

(I was gonna wait until you responded, but I'll finish it here)

AH1 "hit bubble" days are gone. You used to be able to hit consistently at 1k range, and even snipe at 1.2 with hispanos, but now you actually have to hit the plane and not the bubble. gunnery ranges are MAX 600 (800 if you're just freaking blind lucky!), 400 pushes it, and 200-300 is more realistic to expect hits.

Closer is better, naturally, but the way gunnery is handled has changed for the better since AH1 went away and AH2 came online.

If you knew that already, then ... er... well... maybe you're just rusty? :D

I love replies like this  :D  Krusty, do a search on "DREX" on these boards, I might be a bit off, but DREX is a bit of a legend. Tho I don't think I'd be too far off  :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Need help
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 04:18:45 PM »
I know he's an older hand, I just didn't know how LONG he'd been gone.

If he left before AH2, and is only just now getting in, he would expect to be able to aim and kill things at 800 yards with ease, you see?

If he left AFTER AH2, well he must merely be out of practice :D

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Need help
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 05:18:36 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I know he's an older hand, I just didn't know how LONG he'd been gone.

If he left before AH2, and is only just now getting in, he would expect to be able to aim and kill things at 800 yards with ease, you see?

If he left AFTER AH2, well he must merely be out of practice :D

800 yrds is still within my kill range, especially if I have 50cals! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Need help
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »
800 yards used to be "close range" in this game. Now it's the max range to expect any hits, and even if you hit (and yes I've hit with 50cals at that range often enough) chance are you won't get a killshot at that range.

I'm trying to put it as a general rule for him, in case he didn't know this. That's, again, only if he didn't know already.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Need help
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 04:30:18 AM »
The longest shot I have ever done that was a kill shot in my two plus years of flying in this game. is D400.... I tried to get better at long range shots. Pissed me off so I stick with the I get so close I can't miss.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Need help
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 06:50:20 AM »
Come on into the TA Drex, I'll up a val for you to ping away at until you get it figured out.  :)

And by all means do show up for widewing's many vs one clinics. They are a blast.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Need help
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
The longest shot I have ever done that was a kill shot in my two plus years of flying in this game. is D400.... I tried to get better at long range shots. Pissed me off so I stick with the I get so close I can't miss.
I get 800 to 1000 yrd kill shots quite often.  But you'll find that most are too worried about their hit% to learn to kill at this range!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Need help
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 10:03:30 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
I get 800 to 1000 yrd kill shots quite often.  But you'll find that most are too worried about their hit% to learn to kill at this range!:aok

Yup, if ya got a buncha 50's use em! Even with N set up at 425, I get quite a few lethal blasts at 800ish. (to say NOTHING of the lethal blast I had after dinner last night:D )
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Need help
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »
Drex = maha...........something tells me ...........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Need help
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Drex = maha...........something tells me ...........

you think? :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Need help
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 12:08:54 PM »
I don't know who maha is, but I know he knows angles very well.  He is an excellent stick and a great fight.  Ask him to the DA, you won't be disappointed!  I had some great fights with him hog vs ki84 other day,  really good fighter!   maha  

Mark