Author Topic: Dayton Get Together Latest News!!  (Read 3680 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Dayton Get Together Latest News!!
« on: July 20, 2007, 02:57:55 AM »
hi guys,

this is betty, july 28th and 29th is the date of the dayton airshow. i hope that yall can come, will be lots of fun. reply to this and let me know if you plan on attending. k      

details follow :

its sounds like general admin is gonna b the best way to go, 19.00 per ticket and u can bring a folding chair, was told its the best way. go to http://www.daytonairshow.com and get ur tickets, they might b more at the gate, gate opens at 9am to 6pm, july 28th and 29th. i am gonna bring my folding chairs and a blanket to sit on also so if anyone needs a place to sit should be plenty of room.  

i got us a good deal on room rates at the local holiday inn in dayton, its 14 miles from the airshow location and its right off I75. i had them put a block of rooms on hold for us, the group name its under is ACES HIGH room rates is 89.00. lots better than the 139.00 they were tryin to charge. we have 50 rooms held, but if they r not all taken up with in 30 days from arrival, they will put them back to rent to other ppl, just wanted to make sure we had enuff rooms for everyone. i think i'm gonna call her back and request that everyone have second floor rooms that way all us puter geeks wont bother other guest :)

hotel : 937-424-5903
group name : ACES HIGH
HOLIDAY INN : 2455 DRYDEN RD. DAYTON OHIO 45439

MAKE SURE U WRITE THE ADDRESS DOWN SO YOU GO TO THE RIGHT HOTEL, THERE ARE MANY IN THIS AREA AND THIS IS ONLY ONE WITH THIS GROUP RATE :)
 mapquest will give u directions if u need it

* if ya plan on arriving early let the hotel know when u make ur reservations, they will give ya the same rate, because of the airshow they have raised their rates so i was happy to get this rate.

let me know if yall have questions k

AS OF RIGHT NOW I NEED TO GET EVERYONE THAT PLANS TO ATTEND MY CELLPHONE NUMBER SO THAT WE CAN ALL KEEP IN TOUCH. HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE AIRSHOW SO FEEL FREE TO CHECK IT OUT http://www.daytonairshow.com/home.html

HERE IS WHAT IS PLANNED SOOOOOOOO FAR.....

FRIDAY 27TH CONCERT WITH SHAWK AND OTHERS AND DRINK AFTERWARDS *CALL MY CELLPHONE IF U GET IN FRIDAY SO WE CAN FIGURE OUT MEETING SPOT*

SATURDAY 28TH SHEGOTYA WILL BE GETTING TO THE GATES EARLY AND TAPING OFF AN AREA FOR ALL US AH GEEKS. I WILL B IN CONTACT WITH HER OVER THE 2 WAY OR THE PHONE WHICH EVER SO THAT WE WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHERE SHE IS PUTTING UP THIS BARRIER FOR US. MAYBE I CAN TALK HER INTO MAKIN UP A SIGN *WINK WINK*

SATURDAY AFTER THE AIRSHOW WE CAN ALL DECIDE WHAT TO DO AND MAYBE GET SOME FOOD AND DRINKS OR SOMETHING AND HANG OUT ..WILL BE FUN!

SUNDAY 29TH MUSEUM OPENS DOORS AT 9AM, FREE TO GO IN AND WANDER AROUND.  ALOT OF US WILL BE LEAVING ON SUNDAY SO DEPENDING, WE CAN PROLLY GO TO BREAKFAST THEN THE MUSEUM...HUNG OVER OF COURSE...BUT STILL WILL BE FUN :)

PM ME ON HERE OR PM ME ON THE GAME AND I WILL GIVE U MY CELLPHONE NUMBER SO WE ALL CAN KEEP IN TOUCH

LOOK FORWARD TO SEEIN EVERYONE! <>[
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:01:42 AM by betty »
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »
:D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:07:09 PM »
I Still Have some Tickets for a Concert on Friday Eve the 27th. It's 5-10 mins from the Holiday Inn. $55 for Counting Crows, Live and Collective Soul at Fifth Third Field (yes it's outdoors and will go off rain or shine)

PM me in Game or Boards (SHawk ID on Both) if you want a Ticket.

Also I can pick up Discounted Admission Tickets for the Airshow at $16 each so just let me know and I'll pick em up for you. I'm 5 mins north of the airshow parking nightmare. Park at my house and I'll take you to the entrance and drop you off and pick you up. (Cell Phone Required of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
were is it in dayton and if it is at airfield is it open for general avaition i don't want to drive 5 hours to get there

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 01:07:50 PM »
its right at the dayton airport, if u go to the website on my above post u will see there is a number to call if u wanna fly ur own plane in.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »
WOOOOT WOOOOT! HTC IS SENDING OUT TSHIRTS FOR EVERYONE, THEY WILL B SHIPPED TO THE HOTEL FOR ME AND I WILL HAND THEM OUT AS EVERYONE GETS THERE!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

WTFG HTC FOR HELPIN MAKE THIS A KICK BUTT EVENT! WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AND POST PICS AFTER FOR SURE!!

ALSO....HITECH IS TRYIN TO GET AHOLD OF ROBERT SHAW TO SEE IF HE WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH US :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 02:24:35 PM »
Originally posted by betty
WOOOOT WOOOOT! HTC IS SENDING OUT TSHIRTS FOR EVERYONE, THEY WILL B SHIPPED TO THE HOTEL FOR ME AND I WILL HAND THEM OUT AS EVERYONE GETS THERE!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

WTFG HTC FOR HELPIN MAKE THIS A KICK BUTT EVENT! WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AND POST PICS AFTER FOR SURE!!

ALSO....HITECH IS TRYIN TO GET AHOLD OF ROBERT SHAW TO SEE IF HE WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH US :)

Betty you better save a shirt for me!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »
Will Voss be there? ;)

Seriously, all that go, have a great time!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »
CARRIE IS SENDING OUT LIKE 40 TSHIRTS, SO WE SHOULD HAVE ENUFF, IF WE DONT THEN..WELLL...FIRST COME FIRST SERVE I GUESS HEHE
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 04:31:15 PM »
MORE GOOD NEWS ALL! I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH BOB SHAW...HE'S GONNA MEET UP WITH US FRIDAY NIGHT, I'M REALLY LOOKIN FORWARD TO MEETING HIM AND THE REST OF YALL..IF U ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PM ME ON HERE OR ON THE GAME AND I'LL GIVE U MY CELLPHONE NUMBER. WATCH FOR A POST FROM SHAWK ON THE MEETING SPOT THAT HE IS ARRANGING FOR ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

<>
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
have alot of ppl in game askin bout dayton, so if you have squadies or team mates that havent heard bout it plz pass it along to them to get ahold of me. watch for post from shawk about where we will all be meeting up friday night after the concert. also if anyone would like to go to the concert with us contact SHawk in game or on here about the tickets he has. <>
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline DoLbY

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »
Is there going to be another meeting next year?

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »
well dolby i'm pretty sure somewhere there will be, shegotya has next years to plan, we are taking turns planning stuff to keep it interesting :)

so just watch the boards prolly around the end of the year and shegotya will keep us all informed on next summers get together :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 09:59:32 PM »
I'll be there betty.  I won't be staying at the hotel since I live an hour away but I'll be swinging by for the Airshow and to see SHawks mullet again.

Do I still get a T-Shirt??

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 10:03:48 PM »
Hope somebody puts up the "New Maps for AHII!" sign up.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.