Author Topic: New Video Card...?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
Vedio card
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »
Sorry, but you need a more up to date compter, VC want help much, waste of $100. 4x will run a 8X card but at 4x speed, you gain nothing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:41:24 AM by jtdragon »
JT

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New Video Card...?
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Yes, that is my motherboard. Just my concern is that it mentioned nothing about being compatible with Windows 2000.

I have the same board ecs k7s5a ,1.3 morgan cpu , 512 ram , a power colour 9550 265 card , and win 2000 on it .

it plays  AH just fine at medium settings 1024x768 @ 85 hz ,512 textures .

My Son has been using it for over 3 yrs now . and I played in the MA with it last about a year ago ... we play lan AH all the time though .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
New Video Card...?
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »
Roscoroo, I play AH fine, my concern is about the video card working with my computer, not AH working on it. And jtdragon, I'm considering you didn't read the entirety of this post. It's a step up from an NVidia MX GE-Force 400.

EDIT: Krusty, I'd take your word, yet a previous Saitek Joystick I had was compatible with Windows 95, 98, and XP. However it did NOT work on my 2000 leading me to believe that there is something different in the roots of this operating system which means if a device is compatible with 95, 98, XP, or Vista, It won't work with 2000 unless specified so.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New Video Card...?
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 01:44:59 PM »
that card may work fine with your pc ... I never tryed a 7600 in that combo so I cant comment yea or naa .

now about w2k ... some of the older hardware needs different drivers for it such as my printer , i didnt have any problem finding after market drivers though .

which saitek are you trying to run in w2k ??? I know the st290's and the x45 works in it . also the logijunks , ch's , TM's,MS, madcatz all work .

I havent tryed the x52 or the other new saitek .

you could have a dead usb port too ... that happened to bolth of my ecs boards and i had to add the remote usb to get a working usb port.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
New Video Card...?
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
It was an OLD Saitek, perhaps 4 years old. My new X52 which mentioned on the box that it is compatible with Win 2K works fine with my comp though.

Also, the other Saitek I was mentioning had a "game port" and a "USB" connection option. Neither worked.
FlameThink.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
New Video Card...?
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007, 01:30:36 PM »
I'll go ahead and buy it in person at a BestBuy. If it doesn't work, I at least know I can take it back for a 100% refund.
FlameThink.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
New Video Card...?
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
News Update. I just installed the 7600 GS from NVidia. Running smooth, no problems. Yes, it's the AGP.

Thanks Krusty for the suggestion. I'll let you guys know if I run into any bumps in the next few weeks.
FlameThink.com