Author Topic: Aussie Crime and Terror Alert?  (Read 196 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Aussie Crime and Terror Alert?
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »
:cool:
Just got this from one of my technical guys. The last sentence is priceless.  ;-)

AUSSIE SECURITY experts claim that Second Life and online games such as World of Warcraft are being used to train terrorists.

According to the Australian newspaper a terror campaign has been waged in Second Life which has left a trail of virtual dead and injured, and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars' damage.

Apparently there are three jihadi terrorists registered and two elite jihadist terrorist groups in Second Life and they use the site for recruiting and training. This is on top of the Second Life Liberation Army, which has been responsible for some computer-coded atomic bombings of stores on the site.

Rohan Gunaratna, author of Inside al-Qa'ida, said terrorists are rehearsing their operations in Second Life because they can't practice in the real world.

Kevin Zuccato, head of the Australian High Tech Crime Centre in Canberra, says terrorists can gain training in games such as World of Warcraft in a simulated environment, using weapons that are identical to real-world armaments.

So we can expect more terrorist attacks involving broadswords and Heathrow airport to be closed due to suicide dragons.

Source:
http://theinquirer.net/?article=41361

:noid :rofl
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:03:41 PM »
Never fear, the Dept of Homeland wizardry is already hard at work casting +10 shields against etherial mythical monsters and +20 guns of Orc destruction.

:rolleyes: :D
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 12:17:31 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Never fear, the Dept of Homeland wizardry is already hard at work casting +10 shields against etherial mythical monsters and +20 guns of Orc destruction.

Terrorist!!!

I steal yo soul and cast Lightning Lvl. 1,000,000 Your body explodes into a fine bloody mist, because you are only a Lvl. 2 Druids.

~BloodNinja~

:rofl

Mac

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »
Piffle Mac,

Obviously you didn't see the parabolic metal lightning shield that returned the bolt back to it's caster. I fiigure you can get the bandages off next year. You'll undoubtedly look better for the experiance, thjey were only 3rd degree burns after all........
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
You really think he's joking?   I thought it was funny and a good joke until I came across this video of a terrorist group that used WoW to train.  It's no joke.

jihadist attack

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »
Wow Ack Ack, your lighting bolts are teh suck!

:p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown