Author Topic: Remove EF Capability from Chute  (Read 958 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Remove EF Capability from Chute
« on: August 04, 2007, 01:16:53 PM »
With all of the bailing out of bombers when a fighter gets close going on, please remove the ability to tower out while in a chute. Make these people ride it down to the ground the way it was originally.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
Ive never seen this happen before, many its because i leave bombers alone after they drop their bombs. Once they drop their ord they are useless and can do no more to the field/vbase. The only thing they CAN do is keep flying and drag everyone who follows them to get kills away from the field so the horde od lala's and pony's can come in with no resistence and have an easy take.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:35:54 PM »
A valid base taking tactic. Drop the hangers then become bait.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Remove EF Capability from Chute
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 05:07:55 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
With all of the bailing out of bombers when a fighter gets close going on, please remove the ability to tower out while in a chute. Make these people ride it down to the ground the way it was originally.
No.  I prefer to spend my time flying my planes, not fluttering / floating / spinning to the ground.  

/ .ef is a beautiful thing.  It gets me to the tower and back into another flight-worthy aircraft quickly.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »
I laugh at the dorks who bail from their bombers when an enemy plane get close.  How lame their life must be to take such care and worry so much over their stats.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 08:13:49 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
I laugh at the dorks who bail from their bombers when an enemy plane get close.  How lame their life must be to take such care and worry so much over their stats.

They ones worrying about their stats don't do this. Your score does not really benefit from deliberate bailouts. The only "benefit" may be to deny your enemy a kill.

If you do care about your stats, you try to get not caught in the first place, if that fails, you try to get out alive by either shooting the enemy down or (preferably) running away.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 12:02:17 AM »
What Lusche said.

Doesn't matter if you remove .EF from chutes, because they can still BAIL to get INTO the chute in the first place.

Not to mention they don't even get chutes until the last drone is gone. They bail and then instantly take over the next available drone, don't forget. After the last drone is gone, what does it matter if they're in a chute? They're all shot down, so who cares? :D

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
The problem is they are doing this before they drop their bombs. I played cat & mouse with one guy until I finally posted this thread.

He'd up out of a base, I'd head that way. As soon as he saw my dot he'd bail and up out of another base.

And this isn't the first time I've gone through this, it happens far to often.

My only point is if people are going to bail as soon as an enemy is near, they should at least have to suffer through the time to get to the ground.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 08:31:56 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
The problem is they are doing this before they drop their bombs. I played cat & mouse with one guy until I finally posted this thread.

He'd up out of a base, I'd head that way. As soon as he saw my dot he'd bail and up out of another base.

And this isn't the first time I've gone through this, it happens far to often.

My only point is if people are going to bail as soon as an enemy is near, they should at least have to suffer through the time to get to the ground.

Don't you think most of those guys would then just learn to don't open their chute at all? Or at least open it only when very close to the ground?

You can't stop this kind of behaviour just by removing .ef.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 03:33:03 AM »
I think that it should be removed.  I do not like it when you hunt someone for them to just bail before you get there, or they suicide bomb then bail out after drop.:furious

Its ok though, if that is fun to them I guess its their 15 bucks. :lol

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:56:20 AM »
Bah if somebody is THAT idiotic it doesn't matter if they bail instantly and reup. The scond you show up they can just auger (it's faster than bailing), or alt-f4 then log back in real fast.

When you come up against rejects like that, just make their life hell til they quit.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
Keep .ef in the chute.  It does nothing to stop them from bailing.

If a bomber pilot bails the nearest enemy should get a proxie kill as long as he's within visual distance.  

The problem lately is when they bail most times there are no proxie kills.  Sometimes you get one, other times (most often) not.  I had B-17's bail in icon range in front of my 163 last night and I got nothing.  Two nights ago I killed a B-24 and the drones augered... I got 2 kills... why not 3... or 1?  A couple of weeks ago I was chasing a set of Lancs, the guy bailed and I got 3 kills from ~5K without firing a shot.

This proxie kill set-up just needs to be more consistant and reward the chasers, not the bailers.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 07:04:14 AM »
removing the .ef is not going to stop someone from bailing. What it does do is gets them back to the tower, instantly. This is exactly what you want.

Without it you have chute shooting back as an arcade sport. With tons of whines, and attitudes that go along with it.  You'd have more people riding it down and spying.

You want to stop people from bailing, then ask for that.
Like no bailing from an undamaged plane.

But don't ask to take away the .ef

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 12:25:41 PM »
There should be a wall of shame area for people who bail out at the 1st sign of enemy or other lame crap to get the recognition they deserve.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 12:48:03 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
There should be a wall of shame area for people who bail out at the 1st sign of enemy or other lame crap to get the recognition they deserve.

I don't think people that do that would care one bit about a wall of shame. In fact they'd probably get a kick out of being on it.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV