Author Topic: I'm a Warping Bastard  (Read 664 times)

Offline Kidd

• Zinc Member
I'm a Warping Bastard
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »
Is there any work around for packet loss?

I just went up to try and fly again and it was the same warpiness. It got especially bad near the carriers flak.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
I'm a Warping Bastard
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »
Originally posted by Kidd
Is there any work around for packet loss?

I just went up to try and fly again and it was the same warpiness. It got especially bad near the carriers flak.

I get warps near ANY puffy ack---well, I don't belive them to be actual WARPS, but micro-freezes of cpu...(not sure if others see me freezing)--the actual puffy ack sound being generated by my pc causes it--tried a standalone sound card, really not better (3200 processor and 256meg video card, but slow mb)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
I'm a Warping Bastard
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
Good point bj229r, don't confuse a mini stutter with a warp.
Warps are generally internet related and associated with packet loss.
Mini stutters are generally hardware related and could be a computer resource issue.

That's about all my grey matter can say about this, a guru I'm not.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
I'm a Warping Bastard
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 07:16:28 PM »
Not really sure since its vista, but you could try going to control panel, performance/maintenance, power options and see if its set to home desktop or something like that.  Fixed all of my warping problems (and I was warping badly) and has fixed others warping problems.  I even have Norton running on my computer when I play, and absolutely no warps.
2sBlind

Offline Kidd

• Zinc Member
I'm a Warping Bastard
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 08:15:40 PM »
Well thanks for help. Tried your ingame suggest BJ but dont think its going to work. I went straight into the modem and the net status was still just bouncing all over the place. Thats the last stop, so i guess its all comcast. Oh well, maybe next year I'll have verizon FIOS or something.