Author Topic: Dumb X52 question  (Read 567 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:19:33 PM »
I just bought a new Saitek X52 and really like it. I know this is a dumb question but how do you go about getting the profile editing settings, from the SST software, into the AH game? From what I see you can only set profiles from within the game itself. Thanks..............Rich

Any tidbits on how you use, and set yours, would be much appreciated.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
use the sst software to assign the buttons to key commands. so, i set first stage trigger to fire primary, and second stage to fire all, by setting the f and n key respectively, get it?

sorry if i'm brief, i'll try and answer better later.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »
Check out THIS THREAD  Search is your friend! :D

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »
Thanks fellas. I read the X52 thread already. I guess its pretty dumb but how do you get the game to accept the SST commands. Or, do you just go into AH and delete all the controller commands I already had set already. The game is reading the command set I programmed into the game software. I'd hate deleting them all without knowing for sure.Thanks.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
Thanks fellas. I read the X52 thread already. I guess its pretty dumb but how do you get the game to accept the SST commands. Or, do you just go into AH and delete all the controller commands I already had set already. The game is reading the command set I programmed into the game software. I'd hate deleting them all without knowing for sure.Thanks.

Does anyone know?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »
Rich,you can use sst and game settings together,it's not a matter of either,or. You dont need to delete any settings,just be sure to select the profile you want to use.

I have found that I use some of the sst and most of ingame settings,example,I use sst to assign hatswitch to 4 or 8,then use ingame settings to assign the functions to the switch or button.

If your ever in TA look me up,I'll be glad to help if I can. BTW my ingame ID is the same as here.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
With the SST software running there should be a little joystick icon.  Right click and select the saved profile you want and it will load it.  For the most part al the joystick is doing is emulating a keyboard, so as long as the SST software is running and loaded with the proper profile there is nothing you need to do in AH other then assign the joystick axis to aileron, elevator and rudder.  There are a few other things that you can assign within AH.  For instance i have the x,y,z axis set up in AH, but also the 2 rotary knobs and the slider set up in AH.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:30:24 AM »
Originally posted by clerick
With the SST software running there should be a little joystick icon.  Right click and select the saved profile you want and it will load it.  For the most part al the joystick is doing is emulating a keyboard, so as long as the SST software is running and loaded with the proper profile there is nothing you need to do in AH other then assign the joystick axis to aileron, elevator and rudder.  There are a few other things that you can assign within AH.  For instance i have the x,y,z axis set up in AH, but also the 2 rotary knobs and the slider set up in AH.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Thank you. I did find the stick button orginaly but it didn't work. Repeated activations did finally do the trick however and all is good on this end. Now its just a matter of getting used to the new commands. Now can you shift on the fly in this game or do you have to X out of the game, go into the icon, and shifts modes there?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »
Modes can be changed anytime in the game.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 09:34:33 AM »
Ghosth can be found almost daily in the TA. He might be called one of the guru's for using modes. Drop in and give him a shout.

Hope this helps.

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 12:31:41 PM »
I never used the SST I just went into the game and used map controler It was 10 times easier

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
Setting assignments to roteries via "bands" does require SST...ie trim

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 02:14:10 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Setting assignments to roteries via "bands" does require SST...ie trim

I have set trim (and RPM control) directly in AH to my X45 rotary (=Analog Inputs Trim Elevator), no need to set up bands in SST software.

The only things I needed SST for was splitting upp my X45 rudder rocker, so I could use it for left & right wheelbrakes, and putting a handy ".ef" makro on one button.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 11:33:50 PM »
A big problem Im having is the hat control 1 and it wont work for my views. I get left, right, and up, working only despite the fact I set key mapping for all 8, and, shift views as well. Anybody ever have that problem with the X52? And SST software? Its really hurting me tring to get a fighter plane profile going.

Offline 1cajun

• Probation 1/25/2016
  • Zinc Member
Dumb X52 question
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 12:43:34 AM »
I never had that problem and have not used the SST software.
If someone has a profile for AH using the SST software why don't you
post it here so we can check it out?

That would help lots of people.  I have searched the net and not found one.  It would be easier to tailor an existing profile than starting over.
332nd Flying Mongrels