Author Topic: Plane Factories  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 03:11:20 PM »
my take is zone strat that was designed for big maps breaks the strat of small maps.

I have felt for a long time that it would be better for gameplay and strat effectiveness to have all country bases affected by one set of strat targets and eliminate zones.

as is right now any enemy base captured has the same downtime as a base that has had its complete set of strat targets destroyed to 0%. so in effect strat is literally irrelevant most of the time when the fight is not directly at the front.

this is a primary cause for static gameplay as it favors the defender who porks bases of the attacker as the strat on those bases stays down for I think 2 hours instead of 30 minutes.

IN AH1 before zones we had lots of heavy strat bombing as the strat targets had to be hit to be effective in base capturing or the down time window was too small on acks.

another primary target was HQ. it was vital to defend and if you lost it with strat hit it wasnt coming back for a good while.

it was worth the price paid by attackers to hit it to cripple the enemy and worth the price paid by defenders to defend it.

I think modifying this to disable in fligth dar that can not be resupplied will make this a viable target and not cripple fights and it will add a new dimension of radar controllers in the tower vectoring fighters. and because this is a target that will rebuild in 30 minutes if the city is at 100% and 2 hrs if city is at 0 it will be worth it to defend and worth it to kill it.

there are no real strat targets that have any noticeable effect on the battle. AH2 is completely a tactical war in my opinion.

this is deliberate and for improved gameplay but I think my two suggestions of complete removal of the zone system and and HQ that can not be resupplied that only effects in flight radar would be preferable to disallowing people to fly their favorite planes.

but you have to give the bombers somthing that is actually worth hitting.

I know HT loathed the aircraft factories in AW. he has said so many times.

so that pretty much leaves resurecting the old strat formula which is proven to work on the small maps. the big map strat does not promote strategic buff raids at all. its quite simply a waste of time to hit HQ. milk runners will of course hit the factories to scorepotato but thats about the only real incentive for them is to get a higher rank which has a low apeal to most players as it is irrelevant to all but the player doing the scorewhoring.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 03:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
It was an awesome aspect of Air Warrior that you could knock out their Spitfire factory and keep them from flying Spits for almost an hour.

You are right...most folks do not defend their strats as the damage does not seem to hurt them directly....

But have an LA7 factory....
A Spitfire factory....
A P-51D factory....
A Typhoon factory....

To be able to knock THOSE out and deprive them of those rides for an hour......???

Whatch the FUR FLY!!!!

"I CAN'T Fly my UBER-RIDE???   WHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!:cry   :cry   :cry

:rofl    :rofl   :rofl

68ROX

Yea I remember this dweeb who would gun for me on those long arse flights.

Now, who was that again?

:D :D

ROX

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
I used to up from a forward base in a t34, aim it at spit factory and go to the mall---come back 3 hours later, tank  ALmost there (lots easier sans terrain:) )
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 03:53:28 PM »
Oh that would be awesome.. bombing spit and LA factories.. I can just hear the cries on 200..
"strafing"

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »
yo festy....what was Hts reason on th e"loathing" of aircraft factories?

I understand the Strat tuffness on radar...No one can see...stael game play..although I really did enjoy.."Stick in the EYE " HQ attaks..

But..crushing 1 or 2 plane factory types doesnt sound as bad as ..Blinding radar..

Im just really wanting to see a GOOD REASOn to mass Buffs for an attack..and massing ftrs for a defense...

Until we get TOD......Its our Only Hope..Obi KoNobe

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 05:16:06 PM »
Strat has been broken for so long, any change or attempts to do so would be great.

Please, let the La7 factory be made of balsa wood  :)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »
Here are some suggestions.  Please ignore them.

1.  Create a large radius around the HQ in which any bomb landing within this circle is rewarded with X amount of bomber perk points per pound of bombs dropped.  Make this amount some percentage greater than when hitting any other object.

2.  Multiply the above perk points by some small number for every thousand feet of altitude at which the bomb is released up to say 28K feet.

3. Have a pre-designed mission type that is available at any Large field that has slots for X amount of bombers and Y amount of fighters that is set to automatically target the knit/bish/rook HQ.  When this mission launches a one-time audio/text warning is sent to defending team (similar to the "base is under attack" warning).  

4.  Have an additional perk multiplier for successfully defending the mission.  ie, gunners or fighters that protect the bomber stream.

5.  Have and additional perk multiplier for any opposing forces that shoot down a member of the above mission.

...Fun is added, reward is added and no one large group of people get screwed.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »
Great post! I say the more varrying targets the better. I'd love to go after sub pens, train marshaling yards, remote fuel depots ect. Attaching them to any type of strat ingame is just a bonus. :)
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
It would be sweet to have plane factories.  One question I have, would each type a plane have its own factory or would groups of planes be covered by a given factory?

If plane factories were to be implemented, I would certainly spend some time taking out the LA7, Spit 16 and Niki factories as too many of those MF'in planes are in the air already and I would love to see the dweeb pilots of those planes forced to fly something else.  Also, the whining on 200 would be worthy of recording for a bit.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Plane Factories
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds

If plane factories were to be implemented, I would certainly spend some time taking out the LA7, Spit 16 and Niki factories as too many of those MF'in planes are in the air already

And when a country is outnumbered 3-1 again, all it's factories are quickly gone and all pilots are forced to up P40B's against the enemy hordes, making them even less able to stem the tide. Surely fun....

Also the new and inexperienced pilots will suffer much more. I and many other vets can hop into about any plane and get kills. They can not. Especially when outnumbered (See above).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 06:08:20 PM »
long as theres no F6F factory the ideas sound great :aok, but yea there would have to be some limiting factor to prevent the hoard from over running the other side into a6m's and p-40's.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
And when a country is outnumbered 3-1 again, all it's factories are quickly gone and all pilots are forced to up P40B's against the enemy hordes, making them even less able to stem the tide. Surely fun....

Also the new and inexperienced pilots will suffer much more. I and many other vets can hop into about any plane and get kills. They can not. Especially when outnumbered (See above).

I found the First Whine :D :lol
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Plane Factories
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
I found the First Whine :D :lol

Not a whine, just something to consider.

While I would like to see strat targets that really would make a difference (and thus worthwile to attack), you have always be very careful when implementing such big changes in gameplay. It's a delicate balance sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:50:57 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
Noobs should be forced to spend more time in the TA in order to develop skills so when situations arise where they are reduced to flying something other than than LA's and the like the noobs can have a fighting chance.  

Personally, I find it sad that we have to tone down game play possibilities for noobs and dweebs.  As it is now, strats are nearly worthless as targets and may as well be done away with.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Plane Factories
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Yea I remember this dweeb who would gun for me on those long arse flights.

Now, who was that again?

:D :D

ROX

Bronk

I resemble that remark!

<> Bronk, my decade long friend <>

Bronk is the little brother I never had.

68ROX