Author Topic: My Summer of stupid continues.  (Read 493 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
My Summer of stupid continues.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »
All State is extremely poor insurance.... what ever you do.... don't have a wreck.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 11:32:51 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick

Instead of blaming the cop for the ticket it would be the adult thing to recognize that not having the documentation like registration, drivers license and insurance proof are all violations that can get the driver a ticket.

Mav,

I agree 100% I'm the handsomehunk who was driving without proof of insurance. That's why the thread is titled "Summer of Stupid" and not "Fascist Bastard abuses power and tickets innocent driver" lol. The Officer was nice enough, and repeatedly thanked me for my courtesy. We were practically giving each other  hand-jobs trying to out nice each other.

For whatever reason I'm just not in synch with the world this Summer.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »
Allstate has their accident forgiveness program. They won't raise your rates if you have 1 accident. (They are already charging you at the 1 accident rate when you sign up.)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »
Sikboy,

Wasn't really commenting on your post. Stuff happens and it sometimes seems to come in a bunch. Check the forms he gave you and see if there is a provide proof situation in there and save some $ by sending or showing the documentation.

I was responding to 68 rox who seemed to think the cop shouldn't cite for a violation and termed him a "bad cop" for it. Kinda  :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 05:44:55 PM »
Motor Insurance, like many things in the US, is unnecessarily complicated.

In the UK, it typically breaks down in to three levels of coverage:

Third Party (mandatory for all drivers)
Third Party, fire and theft (coverage as the name suggests - pretty rare)
Comprehensive (covers you for everything)

That's it - that's all your choices. There's no questions about the level of coverage you require for each type of hazard, no questions of under-insured / uninsured coverage etc. There's no chance of being over-insured because the companies are being deliberately vague about what each coverage covers. Its all just simpler.

If you drive for a year, you get a no-claims-discount on your following year's premium. You can accumulate up to about 8 years worth of no claims discount worth up to about a 60% reduction. This is transferable between companies. Allstate has just stolen the idea.