Author Topic: Going bomber and tank bustin' in the B-25H  (Read 1893 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Going bomber and tank bustin' in the B-25H
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »
I have had limited luck using the b25h on bombers. Lancaster's are not much trouble any of the other large Buffs with there Laser like defence I have found you typically can only get one before your taken out. I have of late been hitting the ball turret & rear gun on the lead plane then leaving that plane alone & start working the drones as there guns are out too. Of course you get the one person who is in the know & will bail on the lead plane then this allows the other two aircraft to start firing again. W/Winds I stay away from unless I can see they are focused else were with there firing & I will cut engines to try sneak up on them.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »
Also, do you have any good tips for Wirble avoidance/destruction (<--the latter is by far preferable) - short of outlawing them, I really can't think of any way to get them.

As mentioned by someone else, either work in pairs against them or use bombs begining your dive from ~7000 feet over ground level and pulling out by ~3000-4500 feet over ground level.  With Osties begin at ~10,000 feet with a floor of ~6-7000 feet as they have better range.

Hitting from these alts is harder but can be done regularly with practice.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 12:31:25 PM »
I have had limited luck using the b25h on bombers. Lancaster's are not much trouble any of the other large Buffs with there Laser like defence I have found you typically can only get one before your taken out. I have of late been hitting the ball turret & rear gun on the lead plane then leaving that plane alone & start working the drones as there guns are out too. Of course you get the one person who is in the know & will bail on the lead plane then this allows the other two aircraft to start firing again. W/Winds I stay away from unless I can see they are focused else were with there firing & I will cut engines to try sneak up on them.

if the bomber pilot/gunner is smart he will just switch to the plane you are attacking instead of bailing. you can move your gunner betwen planes by hitting cntrl+1,2,3 i think it will put you in better position to defend the plane being attackted.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 11:36:52 PM »
if the bomber pilot/gunner is smart he will just switch to the plane you are attacking instead of bailing. you can move your gunner betwen planes by hitting cntrl+1,2,3 i think it will put you in better position to defend the plane being attackted.
It has been a while but I think all drones are affected even if you do move to a differant position. I have plane positions mapped in on my joystick & I may be wrong but from what I recall all drones respective guns are out in relation to the lead planes disabled guns. Typically at 25k I don't have to many people bothering to chase me that high & I usually will get in bound fighters with another gun.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
I thought if you were in a busted gun position you could still aim and "fire all guns" to get all other turrets firing on your pipper?

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »
I thought if you were in a busted gun position you could still aim and "fire all guns" to get all other turrets firing on your pipper?

I think that's right, but I'm not sure if your view is obstructed in such a situation.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 10:12:46 PM »
I think that's right, but I'm not sure if your view is obstructed in such a situation.

usualy my glass is all craked up and its better for me at least to switch to another gun with good firing position.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »
It has been a while but I think all drones are affected even if you do move to a differant position. I have plane positions mapped in on my joystick & I may be wrong but from what I recall all drones respective guns are out in relation to the lead planes disabled guns. Typically at 25k I don't have to many people bothering to chase me that high & I usually will get in bound fighters with another gun.
i would not know why a drones gun would be disabled when the leads is it doesnt hapen with any other damage ive had drones be perfectly undamaged and my lead plane have four engines out feul leaks and dead guns.

i don't think this hapens i would love if someone would say so. as far as i remeber they don't.

thing is is that most people will want to attack the outside buffs first, because of the warping issue when the lead plane is destroyed causing collisions.  i usualy expect my left hand buff to get attacked first if the guy comes in from high 5 oclock or some similar angle, i can usualy get over there and get a great shot angle i could not get from the lead plane.  kind of like playing rock paper scisors. 

flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V