Author Topic: Skyrock  (Read 13376 times)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Skyrock
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 05:44:39 AM »
In direct response to the gist of oldtard's argument:

I see all this as a very valuable lesson that Skyrock is teaching his kids - don't talk smack unless you're prepared to back it up. Talk may be cheap, but it does have consequences. You need to be responsible.
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Skyrock
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 07:04:23 AM »
What WldPonyThangdude said.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Skyrock
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
I watched the skyrock youtube video.  It has some cool fight scenes in it but apart from that, it's really just a thinly vieled and self congratulatory exhibition typical of this character.

I particularly liked the 'awe gee shucks' I just love this game and don't really mean all those things I write, it's just banter....I just wanna help guys out....but don't take me too seriously.'  (I don't)

Truth is if skyrock tooted his own horn any louder we would all be deaf. (as was evident by his multiple 'skyrock killed 20 plus newbies in one mission' showings)  We see it all the time, who's he trying to fool?

Truth is skyrock is a jerk.  If you play this game long enough and watch the constant barrage and lambasting of other characters you'll find out soon enough.  It is just this litany of insults and troll baiting.  He reminds me of one of these guys who revels in the bravado found so easily in the anonymity of the internet, projecting his real lifes frustrations onto others.  

It takes just a little bit more than being antagonistic.

Dredg

ps.  DREDger missions own skyrock.  I am looking forward to seeing the Lynx youtube video.  That one is the true friend to all who love the game.
:aok
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 07:25:32 PM by DREDger »

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Skyrock
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 08:01:16 PM »
I never understood and guess will never understand how some people can take a game and personalities in a game and make the jump to real life and real life situations.  I will will also never understand why someone would take someone else's actions in a game, and try to predict the outcome of certain situations using a video game as a guide.

Sometimes I think when you start doing this it may be time to take a break, as you are not living in reality anymore. A video game is becoming your reality.  You are making life decisions based on cartoon airplanes and personalities that may or may not reflect real people.

maybe why shades?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:06:21 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Skyrock
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger

Truth is skyrock is a jerk.  If you play this game long enough and watch the constant barrage and lambasting of other characters you'll find out soon enough.  It is just this litany of insults and troll baiting.  He reminds me of one of these guys who revels in the bravado found so easily in the anonymity of the internet, projecting his real lifes frustrations onto others.  

The only true jerks in this game are those who run their mouths in the MA, go to the DA, and then continue running their mouths in there.

Skyrock is no such person.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Skyrock
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 08:37:21 PM »
Getting a rise out of people on the internet, and being able to keep separate a game and real life is one of the many joys sane people posses.  Internet behavior and real life behavior do not reflect each other, and one is often used as "fun".  I can can do many things on the internet that would most likely reflect poorly in real life, but most are intelligent enough to keep them separate.  I see no problem with Skyrock's banter.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Skyrock
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 08:42:03 PM »
wow, this thread even pulled old Wldthing out of the woodwork.........

now for something different............Hot Damn I finally landed a job, since being out of work since the end of May......

and btw  it is spelled "SkyRock" :aok
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:44:21 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Skyrock
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 08:55:30 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser

now for something different............Hot Damn I finally landed a job, since being out of work since the end of May......

Well congratulations, TC :aok :D

and btw  it is spelled "SkyRock" :aok

Close enough :p
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Skyrock
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »
Blah blah blah...somebody get their pee out of my wheeties...blah blah blah.:aok
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Skyrock
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 10:40:09 PM »
I watched the skyrock youtube video.  It has some cool fight scenes in it but apart from that, it's really just a thinly vieled and self congratulatory exhibition typical of this character.

Had you spoken with Mark/SkyRock as I did for a little over an hour and a half of tapeing. You might think differently, The fact of the matter is mark/SkyRock is a very easy going person fun to talk to and very knowledgeable about the game.
 I had 1 1/2 hours of voice to cut down to under ten minutes. He stated plainly that SkyRock is a game character and he was well aware that some with thin skins didn't like it. He also said that he knows sometimes he goes over the edge with it.
 I wish I could have done a better job of portraying Mark/SkyRock tho we are pleased with the video clip, it's just ten minutes and that just isn't long enough to do the man justice.

He as Skyrock is intentionaly abrasive, the vilian, the bad guy.  It's a game and what game doesn't have a bad guy? Maybe the most useful bit of knowledge here to remember is, "it's a Game".

I'm proud to have been a part of this film, Jdjnr did the film editing and did an awsum job. We are looking forward to the next ACEs of Aces High to be released and hope that it receaves the attention that SkyRocks film has gotten.

We wanted to let everyone get in the heads of some of the games top players and I think we have done that. Good guy or Bad guy no one can say that SkyRock isn't an Ace in this game!

I for one am happy to count him among my friends.

FYI- the next film should be ready in a couple weeks. oops did i say two weeks!

Don
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Skyrock
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »
hey stang, where's your "I'm skyrock's *****" avatar?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Skyrock
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 10:48:43 PM »

I particularly liked the 'awe gee shucks' I just love this game and don't really mean all those things I write, it's just banter....I just wanna help guys out....but don't take me too seriously.'  (I don't)

Truth is if skyrock tooted his own horn any louder we would all be deaf. (as was evident by his multiple 'skyrock killed 20 plus newbies in one mission' showings)  We see it all the time, who's he trying to fool?

It takes just a little bit more than being antagonistic.

Dredg

ps.  DREDger missions own skyrock.  I am looking forward to seeing the Lynx youtube video.  That one is the true friend to all who love the game.

:rofl :lol :rofl  

For one, I seek nothing from you.  You are a griefer.  You are not that skilled in this game(as an individual, hence the need for missions).   You are a very jealous AH twit!:aok

PS  note, I said nothing about your real life person.  Although I did detect a hint of a RL challenge, LMAO.  Maybe, just maybe, you would not call me a jerk to my face?   eh?   LMAO!  ROFL!!!!!!  I guess you think I would cower at the thought of someone in RL calling me a jerk?  eh?  LMAO! ROFL!!!  I think I just wasted 3 minutes of my time typing this! :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Skyrock
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 11:30:52 PM »
Who knows what skyrock is like in real life, probably a nice enough guy, seems so in the picture if that is any indication.

The guy has made his bed and has to sleep in it as far his game persona is concerned.  I've been playing  for some time and he continually harangues people, and not really in a fun witty way, but more in a mean spirited and nasty way.  Calling me a 'griefer' is like the pot calling the kettle.

So what if he is good at cartoon plane flying.  Outside of the support from some of his squaddies nobody can really stand him in the MA, least from what I have gathered.  What do you expect when your thing is 'I own this or that' please...

Irrespective of the characters persona though, the video was really very well done.  I salute those who put it together.  The jerk does fly the F-4 well, notice the manipulation of the flaps and the panning video, Sopranoes music in the background, all that.  Anyone interested in WW2 and watching this will surely want to play the game.

As far as my 'skill' is concerned, well, shucks.  Running missions is like hearding cats.  It is about teamwork and coordination, not about seeing my name with so many 'kills'...if u follow
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:36:14 PM by DREDger »

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Skyrock
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »
hey Dredger, try this out...

next time you see a skyrock insult on you or someone else, try and think of something amusing or witty to come back with, the results may surprise you.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Souless

• Copper Member
Skyrock
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 12:15:08 AM »
Wow hook line and sinker dredger:aok