Author Topic: U-Turns. Squad rivalry, loneliness or hypocrisy?  (Read 431 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
U-Turns. Squad rivalry, loneliness or hypocrisy?
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:11:31 PM »
Just wonder how important is squad's identity, popularity or position in the AH food chain to some players and what they are willing to do, to become members  of those "elite" squads.

Prime examples are BKs and Muppets recent rivalry and some posts of their respective membership.

In this thread, some are criticizing one particular person, while in  another thread here same players are defending it.

Is that similar to canine pack hierarchy where some are sniffing butts and licking balls of former arch rivals?

Is it complete U-turn in opinion on certain subject, case of depressive loneliness, game rivalry or perhaps just human hypocrisy?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »
I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a poorly planned BBS troll that went south :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
It's a virtual badge of honor or in some cases, a brief glimpse of notoriety.  Get two squadrons with the same reputation and they'll act like typical alpha males and battle it out to be top dog.  That's where the rivalry steps in.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 04:33:55 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a poorly planned BBS troll that went south :)
You mean something like MOAT II? I better get pliers ready.

Originally posted by Ack-Ack
It's a virtual badge of honor or in some cases, a brief glimpse of notoriety. Get two squadrons with the same reputation and they'll act like typical alpha males and battle it out to be top dog. That's where the rivalry steps in.
Interesting. I remember few years back when 13th TAS, Muppets and few other known squads were big on rivalry.
They did most of their battles in MA and DA though. Now, BBS is focal point it seems.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn

Interesting. I remember few years back when 13th TAS, Muppets and few other known squads were big on rivalry.
They did most of their battles in MA and DA though. Now, BBS is focal point it seems.

Maybe because some of the current crop isn't up to par with their forefathers and the forums are the only way they can get a shot in.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »
There are a few squads that go all the way back to AW on Genie. In comparision most of the "AH generation" of squads lack class and dignity...although some have a gifted cadre of pilots equal to any. Unfortunately its often ability untempered by wisdom....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »
ummm....ok. :lol
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »
Furball and Jaxxo just sent me a telegram authorizing me to say the following:

QUAH! Go suck an egg. WOOWOO!

That is all. Thank you :o